• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-B Subthread] Comparisons of 2C-B to Other Substances

it's hard to really compare 2c-b to LSD, for me personally anyway. It's not as in your head as LSD, not really any body high to it. But on a good dose, you will get pleasant euphoria and great visuals. I've found 2c-e to be a lot "heavier", probably not the "clean" trips you are seeking.

I wouldn't say that LSD and 2C-B are very similar at all. 2C-B certainly doesn't feel "clean" in the way that LSD does, because it has a moderately strong body component, as does 2C-E.

LSD tends to open me up to cosmic truths and sometimes makes me feel very small in the universe. 2C-B, and especially 2C-E, however, usually give me more concrete insight into the nature of my life as it relates to other people, the government, morality, and my personal history, without ever really dwarfing me in cosmic complexity like acid does. All of my 2C experiences tended to lack the cosmic shock and awe of LSD.

In my opinion, 2C-B is more fun than LSD. It doesn't feel "clean" like acid does, though.

2C-B is not very similar to LSD at all, IMO.

2C-B focuses your attention on very concrete matters, usually centering around human social interaction. Its psychedelic in a very different way than LSD.

LSD is much more cosmic, much less grounded. LSD also has this light buoyant quality to it that feels very natural and clean, while 2C-B feels more synthetic and has a significant presence in the body. LSD, when fresh, is pretty much completely cerebral and lacks the component of stimulation in the body.

They are both fine psychedelics, but they are very different beasts. LSD can take you places that 2C-B could never take you, and I also think that you can go most of the places that 2C-B can take you using LSD instead. Overall, LSD is certainly superior; but 2C-B is cool too.

apples and oranges mate. I dont need to extoll the virtues of lsd to you, you already know. But 2C-B is great, very recreational, and quite easy. For me it is primarily a somatic experience.....i hallucinate FAR more than on a comparative dose of LSD; I get a great body high, waves of warm energy pulses; food tastes great and i am hungry; and sex, anything tactile, is greatly enhanced. A lot of the things that a lot of psychs dampen (hunger, sex drive, etc) are enhanced by 2C-B for me. Mentally it is not nearly as deep and complex as LSD. I get a nice euphoric glow without the push of MDMA, and really examine my relationships with people and things. My deductive reasoning is still intact however, and most forays into "abstract" thinking are mostly peripheral. I also feel (besides for the ridiculous hallucinations) relatively cclear headed, and can "snap" in and out of it. Its duration is quite brief for me, i am almost completely sober by +6hrs. Some people have some GI distress from it, some dont. Some also find the body high a bit speedy and synthetic, i do not however. I am amazed it is not more popular and widespread recreationally. it seems to filll a hole between LSD and MDMA for alot of people.

its a very different animal compared to LSD....

That does not mean its not a wonderful substance though....

Its gentle, warm, colorful, social, controlable, and one of the few psychs where a social setting is not a terrible thing.... 20mg of equivilent or possibly anywhere lower and you can be fairly functional around people who would not so much approve of it...

Ive done 20mg or equivilent dose per ROA around family, watched movies, had basic conversations with unknowing family members....

Prefered ROAs would be plugging or orally dosing.... It can be snorted, but the 2c's burn about as much as you would imagine doing a large line of draino would times 5.... and thats with a pretty moderate 10mg bump....

I watched someone puke from a combo of the pain and caustic feeling drip....

The comeup is just too short and too violent with snorting, it has a hard edge of sorts to the trip that just kind of kills the relaxed loved up trip that 2c-b seems to do so well.... and your tripping like 15 minutes before the pain is gone...

Its a wonderful compound though, its kind of like a candyflip and nothing like a candyflip.... Its visual, with enough of a headspace to get kind of lost in it, while having that happy loved up and increased sensory effect of MDMA.... One of my favorite things about this drug is the food, unlike most psychs that kill hunger this one has always given me tripping munchies, and its always for healthy foods... They just taste so delicious....

Many people also consider it to have an erotic component to it. 2c-b was one of Shulgins favorites, he always did favor his own creations more than the others, but even then he has eaten more psychs than anyone and 2c-b was one of his favorites so it is a grand substance.....

Yeah it's different.
2C-B is more of a body trip, its most profound effect is the enhancement of the senses which can cause a dramatic increase in aesthetic appreciation and tactile / sensual stimulation.
It can give you some introspection and mild therapeutic value, but hardly tripped out philosophical and derealizing effects.
On very high doses though, and/or take by insufflation there is a higher chance of dissociation, strong psychedelia and even advanced ego-dissolution. It's relatively rare though.

also: merged.

I'm sold. Before this I was interested in a new adventure. ANd it sounds like a nice road to travel.Alot of good input here . like it.

didn't really exspect it to be the same. Really just wanted to know if it was as fun as lucy. And in a different way it sounds fun. I need times where I can control my mood . Whether I'm alone or with a freind, and a girlfreind is much more entertaining . Lucy is always been a favorite sex drug. And I've read 2c-b is also nice when you got your girl home watch some t.v. my 'ol lady is a 24 yr old dancer , I can't think of nothin better than a nice home lap dance to get a trip go'in!!hahaha Well, thanks for info here. this is awsome

was wondering if anyone can report of the side effects one can get from 2cb compared to 2ci (particularly, but i suppose other 2cs as well). My last 2ci trip has put me off the substance for a while just because of the high muscle tension i used to get (increased tone in all muscles, and by far the most annoying sideeffect), and apparently i also get that from 2cd, though to a much lesser extent and the tension seems smoother somehow, as well as 2ce, where the tension comes and goes in waves.
2cc was the only one that seemed void of this tension buildup.

so where does 2cb stand when it comes to side effects?

Imo 2CB is fucking amazing, more fun than acid. Whenever I do acid, after the come up all I have is visuals. No real good feeling. on 2Cb I have milder visuals but I also feel like a boss.

Kingme, I find 2C-B to produce significantly less stimulation and to be smoother than 2C-I overall. It feels less empathogenic like stimulants tend to be but more in a psychedelic kind of way even though it takes a pretty high dose to get really tripped out in terms of mental effects. It's beautifully emotional.
The relation to mescaline can be felt better with 2C-B, I would say. Although the glowing feeling from the chest or center is something 2C-I, 2C-T-7 and mescaline all seem to have.

alexander shulgin said it's his favorite chemical... i feel this says alot given how many he has tried

solipsis, thanks for the answer! it really calm me down a bit :)

glowing feeling from the chest? it sounds like quite the description, and unfortunately i dont really see it, but then ive only tried 2c-i from the list you mentioned
however if this turns out to be an emotional and visul treat with less stimulation/tension than other 2c-x then im looking forward to its exploration

was wondering if anyone can report of the side effects one can get from 2cb compared to 2ci (particularly, but i suppose other 2cs as well). My last 2ci trip has put me off the substance for a while just because of the high muscle tension i used to get (increased tone in all muscles, and by far the most annoying sideeffect), and apparently i also get that from 2cd, though to a much lesser extent and the tension seems smoother somehow, as well as 2ce, where the tension comes and goes in waves.
2cc was the only one that seemed void of this tension buildup.

so where does 2cb stand when it comes to side effects?

sollipsis already addressed this but i'll go in on it, because i was in the exact same boat as you a week ago. i tried 2c-i when i didn't have much psychedelic experience and the stimulating effects and toxic-feeling bodyload completely fucked up my mindset and sent me head over heels into a terrible and horrifying experience that, at that time, i was in no shape to handle well.

i tried 2c-b with some friends last weekend (experience can be found in the trip reports forum), i took 15mg because i was afraid of it being another 2c-i type experience, they took 17mg and 19mg. all of us had an incredible time. to me the substances were completely dissimilar. i took some magnesium to ward off potential muscle tension so its possible that that influenced my experience but i felt absolutely no muscle tension or toxic-feeling side effects. instead i felt completely calm and flowing euphoria and tactile pleasure. i didn't get much in the way of mental or visual effects at the comparatively low dosage i ingested, the only really significant effect was the incredible body effects, none of which felt toxic or tense, and all of which felt incredible and serene.

its a natural assumption that they might be similar given their close cousinship as halogenated 2c's, but 2c-i, 2c-b, and 2c-c are all completely different animals. 2c-b was one of the most enjoyable and easygoing psychedelics i've had the pleasure of trying and i'm really looking forward to taking higher doses. completely disregard 2c-i when you step into a 2c-b experience and in all likelihood you'll have a great time, it's shulgin's favorite for a good reason.

Come to think of it 2C-I produced more of a radiance coming from light sources so the glow was visual, while with 2C-T-7 it was really in my chest like with MDMA but much better even.
2C-E and 2C-T-7 are more serious mentally, difficult body-wise and more complex in general than most other phenethylamines while 2C-B and 2C-C are the most easy-going and still interesting and enjoyable.
2C-D and 2C-I were never really very interesting for me, they produced unique 2C-X effects but just nothing to truly write home about it my case. I still think I should try exceedingly high 2C-D doses sometimes and I wouldn't rule out trying 2C-I again but there are too many 2C-X I have that I never tried once yet and they have priority.

Yeah relax about 2C-B, many people love it and it deserves a big deal of respect. I don't think about it anymore that often because I did it often years ago but then discovered other things and 2C-B became too 'normal' for me. Hopefully that's understandable.

I hope you have a great time on it.

fascinating; how such a small change in chemical structure can affect the experience so strongly

2c-e
2C-E.png

2c-d
2C-D.png

although equally it's surreal such a tiny bit of powder can affect one's consciousness so much...

Last edited:
i recently only tried some 2c-b

had a 14mg dose as did the gf.
gave a friend same dose aswell

me and gf ate ours, friend snorted maybe under half, prob 6mg.

Now I've tripped on lsd b4, I just dont like the fact that its such a long duration. I like shorter things that have more control.

When it starting coming up, i felt very happy/silly in the head (funny) but also like energetic
I was only playing xbox but I was getting right into it, then it started to hit alot more.. felt trippy and cool

I was fine with that dose and so was gf for that night and we went to bed about 6 hours later. Feeling 100% normal, I liked that.
My friend snorted rest of his but he said it prob burned for about the first 10min he was fully tripping. he was really gone but it was about half the duration of ours and he even asked for a top up, so all up he snorted 20mg over about 5 hours.

He's really into acid but he told me this stuff is way better and I'd rate it better than acid too.. much better time on it, I can't imagine would mdma + 2c-b would be like. heaven.

I gave it a rest and did it again a week later, this time trying 20mg oral.
Was enough to give me visuals for about 3 hrs +
very cool and amazing i thought compared to lsd trips.

So the general consensus is that 2C-E is more visual than 2C-B, is that correct?