View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2c-b Once the magic is lost?

The_Spiral

Greenlighter
Hi, I'm new to posting on bluelight so bear with me...
The first trip i had on 2c-b was a beautiful journey into what a colorful world the phenethylamine derivatives could be. However, after a couple of journeys with this chemical my opinions have changed towards my use of these for personal growth, as this was the reason for wanting to experience 2c-b. I feel that i really haven't learned much from 2c-b besides the fact that reality as i know it is questionable, there's no real message in this molecule. Just a personal observation, any thoughts on the matter ?

Last edited:
Never had the chance to sample 2C-B but from what I've heard it's on the lighter side of having the potential to deliver a hardcore introspective experience. I've heard that it's probably the most "recreational" of the 2C-$ chemicals.

How far apart were your experiences? Maybe the novelty has just worn off.

FWIW, I've never got message from the molecules. I've been able to gain different perspectives allowing me to come to novel conclusions but never a "message" really.

What other psychs have you tried?

I was using 2c-b about once every 2 weeks ranging different doses from 10 to 50mg for like 3 months. My previous experience is acid about 20 times, 2c-i, 2c-e, 2c-t-2, and shrooms on occasion still interested in the potential of the tryptamines though.

2C-B really is mostly fun and colors IMO.
Acids where the messages are at

2c-b is my favorite RC that I have done but I can relate to your experience not really finding a message or taking much away from the trip.

With mushrooms I always seem to have a cool down period of reflection towards the end of my trip that usually leaves me feeling refreshed. Dont really get that from RC's.

Nature pwns man again

I feel like once you get 'the message' its not as intensely delivered anymore. You mean the introspection from 2cb stopped delivering? I feel like whenever I do acid anymore it doesn't quite have the same novel twinge it once had. Also if you're doing things in somewhat quite succession could be a tolerance thing perhaps. There was def a point where trips were less like 'trips' and more like a mind-state to me in my own experience. dmt is the only thing that jaw kick delivers to my way of thinking. hope that discombobulated response what somewhat useful :\

Yeah i guess me turning to the Research Chem's i was trying to get back to the mind blowing trips i had on LSD and Shrooms but getting farther away from the message. Now i'm just feeling a little on the uninspired side of the things.
Damn acid drought! lol

Last edited:
well, after you've heard 'the message' once, then it's no longer novel information and it can never have the same impact as the first time you learned it. if the 'magic' refers to the astronomical cascading thoughts that psychedelics can bring, then by its very definition the magic must eventually be lost.

you can only blow your mind once. after that, it's already expanded and won't blow up again unless you change your whole mind first.

Good points, so i guess the next logical step would be a nice long break from psyches or switch up the order of things and try something new altogether, to keep the palette fresh right?

taking a nice long break will already change things around. you will progress in your life path, maybe accomplish some of the goals you had previously set your mind to, and will have a different perspective on things. go with your own flow and try to feel when you are in a different state of mind, time, and space.

for example, if you are in school, think about how your overall outlook on life changes dramatically with the end of finals. you wouldn't want to trip towards the beginning of a semester, because you are just getting settled into a new class with new ideas. you wouldn't want to trip during finals week because you and your close friends will be hectic and cramming for exams. spring break is just around the corner, and holds tons of opportunity to travel, relax, and unwind. work hard first, then you will have the freedom to play hard too.

the same advice applies for interpersonal issues-- if you are going through some difficult times at home or work, try to meditate and focus on resolving these things before taking a break from reality. i know sometimes psychedelics can help you 'see' the path you need to take, but they really can hinder the physical and emotional steps you have to work through on your own.

I feel that i really haven't learned much from the research chemicals besides the fact that reality as i know it is questionable, there's no real message in these molecules.

stop taking stupid RCs and move on to something better like Ayahuasca, Peyote or Iboga.

The key part to tripping is an integration period, where you take time to reflect on your experience and immerse yourself in this reality again.

I've had psychedelic binges where I've tripped every weekend for months on a time on tryptamines as well as phenethylamines, and I've learned that I benefit more from the experience If I take plenty of time between trips.

Tripping can't blow your mind if it's your normal conscious state!

Yeah i guess me turning to the Research Chem's i was trying to get back to the mind blowing trips i had on LSD and Shrooms but getting farther away from the message. Now i'm just feeling a little on the uninspired side of the things.
Damn acid drought! lol

also, there's sooooooooooooooooooooooo much more to tripping than just ingesting chemicals.

that is why entheogens with a history of cultural usage surrounding and supporting them are so important and beneficial!

I have no experience with 2cb but I had a similar reaction to 2ci. I would just take an extended break and see where it takes you a few months from now. I needed some time to integrate the experiences and let things settle a little before I could enjoy it again.

Yes but you once again insulted RC's in your infinite ignorance. Why don't you go pollute another forum.....oh thats right THE ENTIRE INTERNET AND ALL ITS USERS HATE YOU! Back on track though I find that 2c's lose their introspective powers after a lot of continued use(especially those that don't have huge introspective qualites to begin with like 2c-b).