• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

28 hours no suboxone

Johnnyblues30

Greenlighter
So I've posted here before. Last time looking for support on quitting an oxycodone addiction. To say the least I became a statistic, or a cliche you might say and went down the rabbit hole of heroin. All the way to the point i was shooting it from October 2015 - Jan 2016. Couldn't do it any longer and decided once again to quit. I realized I just couldn't do it cold turkey so I stacked up on suboxone 8mg sublingual strips and started a tapering process. Started with a whole strip on day one and on the last day (yesterday 9am February 13th) was only taking a piece of a piece basically. I couldn't tell you the dosage but it was a very very small piece. So now it has been 28 hours without a dose and of course because of the half life I feel fine, but does anyone have an idea of what to expect here in the next few days? I have been on suboxone for a total of 23 days. If anyone can shed some light that would be great. Thank you.

How many MG's (of subs) were you at before you made the jump?

I was on a very very small piece. I'd say a slither. Idk how many MG it'd be exactly, but if I cut the strip into fours then cut those into fours thats how much I got down to from a whole strip. I did the subs for 23 days. I'm around 53 hours since my last dose of suboxone. Only feel anxiety, which I felt even on the sub.

If you were cutting it into fourths and then cutting those into fourths then you would be on about 0.5mg of suboxone which is not a whole lot, honestly a pretty good amount to "jump off" from if you were using it try and taper. Did you just run out or were you trying to get off dope? I know I don't have a lot of posts here but I am also on subs so I now that pain.

Yeah man 0.5mg is a great jump off point. You should feel either nothing or VERY minor w/d symptoms, like sensitivity to rapid temperature changes.

You can probably treat the remaining symptoms using exercise and diet, and if insomnia rears its ugly head (not saying it will, but it could), there's always gabapentin.

You should be fine. You did the taper correctly.

Yeah man 0.5mg is a great jump off point. You should feel either nothing or VERY minor w/d symptoms, like sensitivity to rapid temperature changes.

You can probably treat the remaining symptoms using exercise and diet, and if insomnia rears its ugly head (not saying it will, but it could), there's always gabapentin.

You should be fine. You did the taper correctly.

Thanks man. Tough road but that gives me some peace of mind tonight. Tomorrow morning at 9am will be 72 hours since my last dose of sub. Just slight/moderate anxiety and mild insomnia which I've had the whole 23 days i used the suboxone

If you were cutting it into fourths and then cutting those into fourths then you would be on about 0.5mg of suboxone which is not a whole lot, honestly a pretty good amount to "jump off" from if you were using it try and taper. Did you just run out or were you trying to get off dope? I know I don't have a lot of posts here but I am also on subs so I now that pain.

Yes trying to get off IV heroin use. Only a short duration. October 2015 - Jan 21st 2016. But abused roxy 30s 2 years before I began using heroin. Snorted for a couple months then went to IV. .5-.8 a day everyday of course of very pleasurable dope. Love the high. Hate the lifestyle. Something had to give. And of course withdrawal when money or dope wasn't there. I'll be 72 hours at 9am tomorrow morning. Wish me luck