• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

26 Hour LSD Trip

I'd have thought the only way an increase in dosage could extend duration would be that the dosage itself was that abnormally high it was enough to overwhelm whatever particular enzyme is responsible for metabolising and ridding the substance at hand, that quite simply even when all available enzymes are at work, there's still not enough of them to take care of the entirety of the substance circulating your body in the normal timeframe.

I know that doesn't quite make sense, but I'm sure you know what I mean. It's like if the job at hand (metabolising the LSD) is too great for the number of workers (monoamine oxidase?) available, not all of the work can be taken care of at once, and some must be left until a later stage when more workers are available.

You could be right. Idk, tbh, but for sure I've experienced those two 4-6 hour substances in which they lasted much longer than that, albeit very rarely.

Just trying to keep the peace here man. :) My bad if it seemed like it, but my post wasn't directed at you, trozzle. I just think BLers in general are better than that. "That" as in random msg boards, Reddit, 4chan, etc.

Oh, no. Nothing up with your post :p yours wasn't having a go at someone else; you were adding constructive discussion by submitting your own anecdotal experiences. I think the rules of duration hold true for the majority of users, based entirely on a model of a 'normal metabolic rate' in a 'normal human subject'. Everyone's body will be slightly different. Some are deficient in particular enzymes, while some may have more than the norm. Some people may have significantly more receptor sites available for binding, while some may have less. Really, there's the remote possibility that someone consumed multiple tabs, of which maybe one or two broke away from the rest and became temporarily lodged somewhere in the digestive system where they were ineffective, then a short while later became dislodged, processed, and absorbed. While I know this theory is pretty whack and almost certainly never the case, it's still food for thought :)

Ultimately, imo, if you fit comfortably enough within the ranges of a normal functioning body and haven't done anything to skew the figures (like eating a HUUUUUUUUUGE meal immediately prior to a 10 strip), the rules of duration for these substances should hold true. Though just because they don't for some, does not give one the right to jump up on their pedestal and shout someone else down with condescending, sarcastic, arrogant, and overall completely unnecessary comments. Even if your claims are accurate, you're still being an egotistic cunt hahaha (not you, Kl519 :p)

Haha, it's all good. I remember getting into it before a few times (not just here on BL), but I dislike it. I'd rather just get along with everyone, because I'd like to spend my free time relaxing and having fun, instead of arguing and getting pissed off. I'm sure you and everyone can relate to that. =D

But yeah, back to the main point of this thread, I don't believe that long of a trip can be ruled out. I find it hard to imagine tripping on lsd for over 24 hours--simply because I've never had that happen, but it doesn't sound impossible. Weirder things have happened, either through my own experience or others I'm in the same room in. Those are some of the subjective experiences that imo should be accounted for. Obv, the same goes for everyone. :)

I mean, if you've seen it and experienced it, then it is what it is. No one can take that away, no matter how many sources say otherwise. To do so would be counterproductive to science because of the inherent bias, skewed data, missing details and outliers, etc. ;)

A lot of us (including those from years past, who no longer post) have been the guinea pigs and providing somewhat precious information with our experiences. As long as you're honest, genuine and articulate with your posted experience, it counts for something whether someone likes/agrees with it or not.

metabolism plays a huge part....my ex-wife would eat mushrooms that had me tripping within 30 minutes and it took her 2 hours to start tripping...and she tripod twice as long as i did too

First time i was sold mushrooms dealer told me they'd kick in in 20 minutes. hour and a half later i am super pissed because i feel nothing. twenty minutes after that i started feeling tired, giddy, and distant. ten minutes after that the trip started, took a full 2 hours for me.

Fact of the matter here is unless you're sporting a degree in this shit, you know nothing.
That's the most absurd thing I've heard in a long time. You don't socialize much with people who do have a degree in pharmacology or medicine, do you? Well, I do and the vast majority of them knows jackshit about pharmacology. Surprised? Me too.

Of course all experts in the field have a degree, but that doesn't say shit about people who acquired a degree as well. Neither would I disregard a person's autodidactive capacities and enthusiasm.

That's the most absurd thing I've heard in a long time. You don't socialize much with people who do have a degree in pharmacology or medicine, do you? Well, I do and the vast majority of them knows jackshit about pharmacology. Surprised? Me too.

I have a female friend who has never used a drug besides cannabis. She is double majoring in Organic Chemistry and pharmacy, and wishes to become a research pharmacologist. She even studied abroad at a lab in Sweden.
She is me/my friends' go-to expert on all drugs, and can tell us more about them than even our most experienced contacts can...
it's science. drugs are science.

I'd have thought the only way an increase in dosage could extend duration would be that the dosage itself was that abnormally high it was enough to overwhelm whatever particular enzyme is responsible for metabolising and ridding the substance at hand, that quite simply even when all available enzymes are at work, there's still not enough of them to take care of the entirety of the substance circulating your body in the normal timeframe.
That's just not true for a lot of drugs. Sure a drug is usually metabolized at a faster rate when it's activity increases and adaptive mechanisms on the drug's targets usually do take place, but for most drugs the dosage given still has an influence on the duration of effects. Speaking of, AB-CHMINACA got me high for 2-3 days, but I guess you could say 25mg is an abnormally high dose. ;) Oh and who says he did not have an abnormally high dose anyway? I thought that was his whole point, he had a-grade hits of acid.

You will realize your statement cannot generally ring true when you start including drugs that are not metabolized at all in the equation.

That's just not true for a lot of drugs. Sure a drug is usually metabolized at a faster rate when it's activity increases and adaptive mechanisms on the drug's targets usually do take place, but for most drugs the dosage given still has an influence on the duration of effects. Speaking of, AB-CHMINACA got me high for 2-3 days, but I guess you could say 25mg is an abnormally high dose. ;) Oh and who says he did not have an abnormally high dose anyway? I thought that was his whole point, he had a-grade hits of acid.

You will realize your statement cannot generally ring true when you start including drugs that are not metabolized at all in the equation.

I have a female friend who has never used a drug besides cannabis. She is double majoring in Organic Chemistry and pharmacy, and wishes to become a research pharmacologist. She even studied abroad at a lab in Sweden.
She is me/my friends' go-to expert on all drugs, and can tell us more about them than even our most experienced contacts can...
it's science. drugs are science.
Uhm... Wow? I don't think you understood what I was saying in the sentence you did not quote. Here it is again:
Of course all experts in the field have a degree, but that doesn't say shit about people who acquired a degree as well. Neither would I disregard a person's autodidactive capacities and enthusiasm.

Let me give you a counter-example, most psychiatrists' only job is to prescribe psychopharmaceuticals. Many, if not most, will not be able to tell you the names of the chemicals they prescribe, let alone teach you about cell physiology. Whether you can call yourself doctor or professor or not is a testament of your virtues, but not much more than that.

While I believe your friend may be absolutely brilliant with a bright future ahead of herself, she is still going to have a lack of understanding of the true nature of a psychotropic drug if she has never taken it. You can describe things all you want, it's just not a replacement for feeling them. So while your friend may be the go-to guy in terms of pharmacology, she still won't replace the fountain of knowledge that bluelight is. She just can't. This one thing we druggies have going for us, we know about drugs. No psychiatrist, biochemist or pharmacologist in his right mind is not aware of this.

Last edited:

Uhm... Wow? I don't think you understood what I was saying in the sentence you did not quote. Here it is again:

Funny, your first sentence 100% contradicts your 2nd sentence...

Firstly, you just pointed out the polar opposite of my point rather than a rebuttal. I said those of us here without a degree (or more accurately, further tertiary study) in these fields haven't been 'properly' educated, so even though what they know is good information and accurate for the most part, they're not qualified to pass this information on as fact as though we studied it for many years. Most of us have only picked up what we know through our own reading and research, here on BL and the internet in general. I'm one of these people.

I would. This is one way misinformation is spread. It's like Chinese whispers in a way. Unless it was correctly documented, recorded, and sources referenced, I certainly wouldn't trust someone else to interpret something they heard correctly, remember it accurately, then repeat it verbatim. Considering this is a forum full of drug (ab)users, accurate memory and dictation aren't exactly things I'd rely on.

I've tripped on acid 7 times now, and I've only gotten white blotters, and all of my trips had the same consistency (1 hour to come up, peaking for a few hours approx 2 hours or so after that). Ive had really spiritual experiences on my trips, and now I can't figure out if I've just been getting research all this time. I've bought from 3 completely different dealers too. The hallucinations all had the same type of consistency in each trip, but with just abojt all of the tabs they had an ever so slight weird taste to them. Like a flake of cocaine on the tabs--barely noticeable but still present. I came to the conclusion that that taste might be from the graphite from the pencil markings that is on the blotter. Can you help me distinguish the differences between an LSD trip and an RC (DOx) trip? There's no way they could have the same profound effects with DOx being fake. Btw I had to stay up that day, I would have loved to gone to sleep 13 hours after taking it but I had to do stuff so I was hallucinating heavy the whole day.

Some drugs dont break down and are expelled almost unchanged. This is due to the molecular composition of a substance. In the case of LSD no way will you trip 24 hrs from 2 tabs even if they had 1 mg per tab.

Actually, after about 1mg some of your receptors may become saturated, and higher doses will increase the duration. A 1.5mg or 2mg trip of LSD can very easily go over 24 hours. Very very high doses like a thumbprint can last for several days.

Duration increases with dosage after a certain point, which is over 1mg for most people AFAIK

Idk, I suppose it could be possible. And yes, we probably won't be seeing 2C blotters any time soon. It's kind of moot using that method for a 2C.

^^ Ive seen it done....A "hit" was 4 1/4 in tabs together...if that makes sense...they were perfed like you would expect blotters but every 4 had 2c-E printed on them. They were being sold at a party...it was done for easy transport and dosing...

I've tripped on acid 7 times now, and I've only gotten white blotters, and all of my trips had the same consistency (1 hour to come up, peaking for a few hours approx 2 hours or so after that). Ive had really spiritual experiences on my trips, and now I can't figure out if I've just been getting research all this time. I've bought from 3 completely different dealers too. The hallucinations all had the same type of consistency in each trip, but with just abojt all of the tabs they had an ever so slight weird taste to them. Like a flake of cocaine on the tabs--barely noticeable but still present. I came to the conclusion that that taste might be from the graphite from the pencil markings that is on the blotter. Can you help me distinguish the differences between an LSD trip and an RC (DOx) trip? There's no way they could have the same profound effects with DOx being fake. Btw I had to stay up that day, I would have loved to gone to sleep 13 hours after taking it but I had to do stuff so I was hallucinating heavy the whole day.
In my opinion it sounds like you had something good..... The taste for other compounds have similar bitterness as mdma just not overwhelming and sometimes faint taste LSD has more of a tingle or feeling than a taste. Like angellicaly sweet that causes the sensation of the best taste ever without flavor.

Plus I usually find WoW (white on white) unperforated to be the most likely to be a stable solid hundred dose while nothings a garuntee except knowing your source. Designs or sloppy/oversized solid white or colored paper are usually rc unless just fake. Unless you know your source is going through dnet or is plugged avoid design blotter without testing it unless you hear his good feedback and taste and test a single before really tripping.

i'm with crook on this one. there are a lot of reports scattered around about massive LSD doses lasting longer than usual. again, thumbprints. give it a look and you will be amazed how powerful psychedelics can be.

not saying it wasn't an RC though. i'm just saying yeah acid can last longer than 12 hours.

also agree with the 'a degree doesnt necessarily mean anything' shit. seriously. you can find so much knowledge here in NPD. lots of posters here know a lot fucking more than all psychiatrists and neurologists i've ever been to combined.

Last edited:
Yeah , drug users on these forums ..are WAY more informed than any phsyicians ...ironically

Personally that doesn't make me more inclined to accept information passed on here as fact, but less inclined to listen to anything a trained professional claims.

^^ Right....what I usually do is collect data from people on these boards to help with research on the internet in generel.. Then do a sort of process of elimination of sorts to get as accurate of information as possible...

The biggest clue here is the fact the OP managed to go to sleep even when still 'tripping'. The tail-end of trip still contains all the aspects of the full immersive experience, just much less intense. I can't exactly imagine sleeping while fully tripping still.