• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

26 Hour LSD Trip

I read that LSD tartrate isn't even absorbable through the skin, only the free base form. Don't know if it's true or not. They said that's why it's doubtful the Hofmann absorbed some that way when he discovered its properties.

I heard a story of a cop in the 70s who busted some hippies in a traffic stop with a jar full of liquid LSD and when he opened it, some spilled on his skin and he tripped super hard.
But again that could be a myth

Idk, I suppose it could be possible. And yes, we probably won't be seeing 2C blotters any time soon. It's kind of moot using that method for a 2C.

But my first mdma experience lasted well into the 2nd day, in which I combined plenty of bowls of herb with it. So over 24 hours later, I STILL had nystagmus, sweaty palms, euphoria, vision sharpness and halos around light sources, cotton mouth and food was too difficult to swallow (probably from a lack of saliva), etc. However, the magic and everything else about a strong roll (trails, forced love and empathy, and other things I'm missing) weren't there.

I've only experienced extended rolls like this a handful of times at most. And it wasn't like I was peaking the whole time, but the roll was definitely there the next day.

So MAYbe a person could get off on acid for over 24 hours in certain conditions. I've never had it last that long though, under any conditions. But I wouldn't be surprised if that's possible.

Well, personally my vote is for DOx. BUT, things do happen.... A friend of mine who normally trips for 4 hours on 2C-I once tripped inexplicably for 10 hours on the same dose of the same batch. I also once knew a girl who ate four grams of some mushrooms, a pretty normal dose for her, and tripped for about 8-9 hours total.... Sometimes trips just seem to hit you pretty hard or last a long time for some reason, you can tell right from the start too when a trip is just going to be one of those trips.... However, what I do have to say is that the highest dose of LSD I've ever taken was 20 hits of amazing Hoffman blotters. I peaked for about 4 hours, and then was totally down about 12-14 hours later. The second highest dose I ever took was 14 hits of probably the cleanest LSD I'll ever have in my life, and smoking salvia on the peak kind of blurred the normal time course of the trip (it had a REALLY strong impact on the overall experience), but I was only tripping for about 14 hours total. So, long trips can happen, but 24+ hours is still a pretty frickin' long time for LSD.... I would be suspicious of any and all accounts of this happening, especially since there is a whole class of psychedelics known to be sold as LSD which last for right around this length of time.

The DOx blotters, right? I'm still waiting for my new test kit to arrive so that I can take my DOPr blotters afterwards, if all goes well. Heh. I'll be taking them next weekend. :)

I do agree that +24 hours of lsd is a bit much. As in that's a damn long time to be frying!

It´s too bad there aren´t 2 to 3 hours acting acids. The amount of time you need to be out of yourself is just too long..IMO and for me..
How can I do anything else in that day, if I would do that??
Differently from other substances, acid does not make you invisible IME..

Haha, seriously. Unless you can be near sober off of a substance...

A DOx compound would always HAVE to be a weekend, at least, starting on a Friday too. The duration is just too long otherwise.

LSD trips can easily go for 24+ hours with enough high doses. Anyway the only way to be sure is an Ehrlich's reagant test

DOC or DOM. I took 750 mcg LSD once and it lasted normal LSD time, about 12 hours total. Two hits of acid is not a large dose, unless you get the 300 mcg Orange Sunshine ones.

Yeah the original poster took an RC as some of those last a very long time. I also took a very large dose of LSD and it just lasts for 12 hours.

Erikmen said:
It´s too bad there aren´t 2 to 3 hours acting acids. The amount of time you need to be out of yourself is just too long..IMO and for me..
Just eat mushrooms instead.

Last Saturday I popped two white blotter tabs at 6:30 PM. I stopped hallucinating when I fell asleep at 8:30 PM the next night. I was full blown hallucinating the entire time ahhaha. I couldn't sleep because I had things to do the next day. Anyone else experience a long acid trip like this before??? Lemme know what it was like, this was some banging acid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D=D

Maybe just the after effects plus sleep deprivation ......... I you forced your self to stay awake, you couldn't expect to really sober up.

it´s too bad there aren´t 2 to 3 hours acting acids. The amount of time you need to be out of yourself is just too long..imo and for me..
How can i do anything else in that day, if i would do that??
Differently from other substances, acid does not make you invisible ime..

al lad
not exactly 3 hours; but half as long as an L trip for me. also a smooooth come up. usually i am walking back and forth ; breathing heavy; fucking HATE coming up

why can't LSD last 24 hours?
what if he just had really loaded acid tabs? with way too much LSD?

Drugs have different binding properties to the various receptors. They also break down into non active metabolites. This is known as a half life: basicly time taken for x amount of substance y to be metabolized and eliminated from the body.

Some drugs dont break down and are expelled almost unchanged. This is due to the molecular composition of a substance. In the case of LSD no way will you trip 24 hrs from 2 tabs even if they had 1 mg per tab.

Pharmacodynamics: understanding how drugs are absorbed, the way the drug works invitro ie subjective effects, organs effected/involved with metabolizim, adverse effects (side effects), contraindications (drug interactions etc).

So know what your taking, how it works, risks ie if I do drug x and take drug y am I going to A: have a good time or B: dead. Test your products. If u can get "acid" you can get a test kit. Tryptamines have a specific test available.

Some "blond" LSD has has a faint weird chemical taste. Tested as LSD, subjective effects and 1/2 life LSD and at just shy of 40 think I know whats what. Gave me worst "acid farts". WOW LSD/well made LSD doesn't give me gas.

DOx chems dont give me gas, nor do Nbomes. Just blond xtal LSD ie little bit dirty/impure synth.

In my experience, the higher the dose, the longer you're gonna be fucked. People often underestimate that. It's a difference whether you take 500mg amphetamine or 50mg. Regardless of all other factors, just look at how long it takes to go from 500mg to 50mg. I don't know about LSD metabolism, but I would imagine it makes a difference whether you had 500ug or 50ug.

So while it is obvious to suspect DOx as the culprit, you might have just eaten a shitload of acid. Either way, congratulations! :D

In the case of LSD no way will you trip 24 hrs from 2 tabs even if they had 1 mg per tab.
You can't be serious, right? How could you exclude the possibility? For your statement to have any credibility, you would have to go into detail about why you consider it impossible instead of throwing around words like pharmacodynamics. Speaking of, you were referring to kinetics, right?

Don't get me wrong, I find it as unlikely as you do, but I've seen much more unusual things when it comes to how individuals react to a particular drug at a particular moment in time, regardless of the dosage taken.

It's still not going to last 24 hours. While upping the dosage of a drug does slightly affect the duration, there are limits imposed by metabolism and the properties of the chemical itself.
Of course there are limits, but in my experience the duration of drugs on different individuals can easily vary by a factor of ten. It's just unusual. Usually acid wouldn't last that long. Are 24 hours our of 'limits' though? I don't think there is sufficient solid data available for us to make that claim. Anecdotal reports of high dose acid experiences would disagree with you. (Thumbprints anyone?)

He who said "impossible" has never been proven right.

Last edited:
metabolism plays a huge part....my ex-wife would eat mushrooms that had me tripping within 30 minutes and it took her 2 hours to start tripping...and she tripod twice as long as i did too

metabolism plays a huge part....my ex-wife would eat mushrooms that had me tripping within 30 minutes and it took her 2 hours to start tripping...and she tripod twice as long as i did too
QFT. Listen to the man. Then imagine his wife eating 8 doses instead of 1.

In my experience, the higher the dose, the longer you're gonna be fucked. People often underestimate that. It's a difference whether you take 500mg amphetamine or 50mg. Regardless of all other factors, just look at how long it takes to go from 500mg to 50mg. I don't know about LSD metabolism, but I would imagine it makes a difference whether you had 500ug or 50ug.

So while it is obvious to suspect DOx as the culprit, you might have just eaten a shitload of acid. Either way, congratulations! :D

You can't be serious, right? How could you exclude the possibility? For your statement to have any credibility, you would have to go into detail about why you consider it impossible instead of throwing around words like pharmacodynamics. Speaking of, you were referring to kinetics, right?

Don't get me wrong, I find it as unlikely as you do, but I've seen much more unusual things when it comes to how individuals react to a particular drug at a particular moment in time, regardless of the dosage taken.

Of course there are limits, but in my experience the duration of drugs on different individuals can easily vary by a factor of ten. It's just unusual. Usually acid wouldn't last that long. Are 24 hours our of 'limits' though? I don't think there is sufficient solid data available for us to make that claim. Anecdotal reports of high dose acid experiences would disagree with you. (Thumbprints anyone?)

He who said "impossible" has never been proven right.
Crook subjective experience. You got peer reviewed scientific publications to back your claims? Kinetic refers to movement. IDK maybe google pharmacodynamics. Its a good start. Prove me wrong with actual published data then go for gold.

Crook subjective experience. You got peer reviewed scientific publications to back your claims? Kinetic refers to movement. IDK maybe google pharmacodynamics. Its a good start. Prove me wrong with actual published data then go for gold.
Kinesis: The movement of an organism (our bodies) in response to an external stimulus (drug).
Dynamics: The property of an object (drugs) to move, to change and to interact with it's environment (our bodies).

These words only get us so far. They aren't exactly self explanatory knowing their etymology alone. Both relate to movement, both relate to the interactions between our organism and an extrinsic chemical stimulus. Kinetics describe what the body does to the substance, dynamics describe what the substance does to the body. This is my understanding anyway.

You were clearly referring to pharmacokinetics in an attempt to present yourself as an authority in the field and failed miserably. Best just admit to a minor mishap instead of making yourself look like a fool. Excuse me, but this is the opposite of what you had in mind. Treat people with such arrogance and it's what you are gonna have to endure as well.

I am all for peer reviewed articles, but as I have stated before I am afraid there just might not be sufficient data available. Nonetheless I will look into it and try to dig up a case report. I am sure you are referring to LSD in particular, not to chemicals in general whch duration can be subject to enormous variance, in no way represented by the mean half life you will find in literature. I thought this is common knowledge - Never exclude the chance of being surprised. I clearly stated the more likely explanation is that he ingested another drug, but it is arrogant and fatuous to claim it is impossible for him to have ingested LSD that night.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence

There is no way you could back up your statement. Even if he was the first such case report, you can only be proven wrong. I hope you can wrap your head around that notion, so we can stop leading such a silly arguement. This is not about your pride or mine or who ends up being right (me obviously). You just cannot make such statements, substance ID'ing is not allowed on the forums which had been clearly stated before. Nothing allows you to make the claims you made. It is highly likely the op exaggerated slightly (I dare say certain) and was referring to lingering effects which happened to be very pronounced due to him having had such a high dosage of whichever psychedelic it was.

On a sidenote, Mescaline HCl takes 9-12 minutes to hit me on an empty stomach and has me trip balls for 18 hours, after which the loooong tail end of the ecxperience will keep me entertained for another day of exceptional humorous and colorful character. But this is anecdotal and mescaline takes 3 hours to peak, so how could I dare make this statement. No whitecoat has recorded it, no colleague of his had the chance to call bullshit, so I probably had some other yet undiscovered psychedelic every time I ingested mescaline salts.

EDIT: What do you really expect here other than subjective experience? A clinical report of a person doing a thumbprint? There are plenty of cases that are much more credible than any psychoneuropharmacology journal could ever be. We are the ones who get smashed, psychiatrists and clinical researchers try to get a glimpse of that.
Experience counts for something. That is precisely why bluelight is so valuable. Most clinicians here in Germany don't even know micron filters exist, they won't be able to tell you how to prepare your surroundings for a DMT trip, they can't tell you what happens when you withdraw alcohol, heroin, cannabis, dissociatives or any other substance class for that matter. They can list symptoms, but a single interview with a long time drug (ab)user will just allow you so much more insight into the matter.

EDIT2: Turns out we didn't have to look that far. Wikipedia is our friend (you will be able to find the sources at the bottom of the wiki page):

LSD's effects normally last from 6–12 hours depending on dosage, tolerance, body weight and age. The Sandoz prospectus for "Delysid" warned: "intermittent disturbances of affect may occasionally persist for several days." Contrary to early reports and common belief, LSD effects do not last longer than the amount of time significant levels of the drug are present in the blood. Aghajanian and Bing (1964) found LSD had an elimination half-life of only 175 minutes. However, using more accurate techniques, Papac and Foltz (1990) reported that 1 µg/kg oral LSD given to a single male volunteer had an apparent plasma half-life of 5.1 hours, with a peak plasma concentration of 5 ng/mL at 3 hours post-dose.

1000ug / 70ug ~= 14
2^4 = 16
Delta t (1000ug->70ug) ~= 3h + 5h*4

There you go, rough estimate of when there will still be 70ug acid left in blood plasma after a dose of 1mg. Remember, 5h is a mean value. The half life might've been much higher in his case, due to individual and circumstantial factors.
This does not take into account several things though, e.g.:
- His neurons adapt to the exogenic stimulus throughout the duration of the experience.
- Blood plasma levels are by no means an accurate reflection of the subjective effects, which the peak at the 3h mark should be sufficient proof of.

Sorry man, I'm being a total twat, but I felt the situation called for it. <3

Last edited:
DOC or DOM. I took 750 mcg LSD once and it lasted normal LSD time, about 12 hours total. Two hits of acid is not a large dose, unless you get the 300 mcg Orange Sunshine ones.

True OS is almost completely extinct. Not likely at all that is what he had, my bet is on DOx.

Does OP know of any disorders or medical conditions that might run in his family that effect metabolism?

dis shit is pretty simple;
eat a ten strip + and you might trip for 24 hours
if you eat 2 hits of "acid" and are tripping for 24 hours you clearly did not get lsd.

You were clearly referring to pharmacokinetics in an attempt to present yourself as an authority in the field and failed miserably. Best just admit to a minor mishap instead of making yourself look like a fool. Excuse me, but this is the opposite of what you had in mind. Treat people with such arrogance and it's what you are gonna have to endure as well.

Hi there, Pot. I stopped reading at the point you arrogantly accused someone of arrogance. I don't even.

Sorry man, I'm being a total twat, but I felt the situation called for it. <3

Yes you were, and no it wasn't.

Ladies, gentlemen, etc. Please stop acting like know it all children. Fact of the matter here is unless you're sporting a degree in this shit, you know nothing. Accept that, and stop being so arrogant. Everyone.

We're a community here working towards harm reduction. Bickering at each other from your soapbox doesn't achieve this.

Just some "oneupsmanship" going on for some E-Bonus Points. Pretty common all over the interwebz. I try to avoid it whenever possible. It IS kind of sad, if only because it's very ego driven.

So let's get that out of that way.

There are lots of "documented" facts for substances, but with RCs especially, there aren't that many of them. I do think duration is one category that tends to differ. Too many damn variables to take into account. A lot of intelligent people can break that down, but that's the main point.

And there wouldn't be "4-6, 10-12, 16-24" hour timeframes if there was no variation. One experience doesn't count for much, but it does count for something. If one factually and really tripped on just lsd for over 24 hours, no amount of "scientific, documented facts" can go back into the past and change the duration of that trip. I bring that up because of my own experiences. Mdma, although mixed with weed, lasted over 24 hours. You can't take that fact away with some googled articles or studies. Same with miprocin; my 150mg trip lasted for at least 12 hours, with residual stimulation, visuals and cognitive impairment ongoing for about an hour or more. I can't say this for acid though; even 5 blotters didn't go over 14-15 hours, and I've done that substance to death. Would a couple strips be different? Who fucking knows, until thousands try it and gets a researcher to document it and then he/she puts it on the Internet for everyone to Google, mirite?

=D I just had to.