• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants 24 hours after first meth use--been on suboxone

shardsandstrips

Greenlighter
Well, it's not really my very first time, but five days ago was the first time in over 11 years that I used meth. I've been mostly substance free for the past four years and on suboxone that entire time (18 mg/day currently) for opiate addiction. The meth use started five days ago with smoking and slamming, and after the first day I have only slammed it, about twice per day. I'm guessing I've used about 1.5 grams the entire time. Except for the first night, I've slept (very well in fact, as I always do ever since being on subs) every night. I took seroquel last night (25 mg) because I knew I wanted to stop today and learned here that it can help the comedown.

It's now been over 24 hours since my last meth use, and I actually don't feel too bad--a little tired and mildly depressed, but I've been working (writing, research, etc.) all day and in fact was able to do so all week. I did notice that the meth high, while good (the stuff seems pretty pure, very white with nice clear shards/crystals), seems less "dramatic" or less "sharp" than 11 years ago. I still experienced teeth grinding, but I was very focused, not speaking rapidly at all and able to interact with people who know me with no paranoia and without them seemingly noticing anything.

Here is my question: am I just lucky and won't have too much trouble coming down this time, possibly because of the Suboxone taking the edge off? Or has it just not been long enough, and I should expect to start feeling like hell in another 12-24 hours?

The agony of the depression 11 years ago honestly kept me away from it all this time, and I feel pretty confident that I'm not going to use it again for a long time, but I need to know what to expect because I have a lot of obligations coming in the next several days.

Many thanks in advance!

I forgot to add that I have also had a decent appetite and have eating fairly well and trying to force water.

I just had another great night's sleep, 12 hours after a 25 of seroquel and feel pretty darned OK this morning. It's been about 42 hours since my last shot of meth. Is it possible I'm out of the woods? Is that mind-numbing depression I remember from 11 years ago still waiting for me?

If you haven't experienced any serious problems with your comedown yet, you should be fine. Depression's worst the morning after in my experiences.

This isn't a place where you can expect to get instant replies to your posts, but virtually every post does get some advice if you're patient. It would also help if you didn't reply to yourself, but instead updated your original post with the edit feature. People will be more likely to read and reply if they see you haven't gotten any replies yet.

I have no personal experience with meth use, but it sounds to me like you're out of the woods. Just be aware that there will likely be a tipping point at which you'll end up with the severe ups and downs you've previously had witg stim use if you keep using meth. The kindling effect is very real.

The kindling effect is a phenomenon that causes your WDs to become worse the more often you go through them. It's why addicts can sometimes become addicted again after a single relapse. So tread carefully with using meth again. There will likely come a point at which you'll find yourself back where you were a decade ago if you continue using

Hey everyone I am new here I have a question for someone that has been useing meth and sub for awhile iv been up for 2 days on the clear and starting to feel like crap just want Togo to sleep iv had only 2 protein shakes and bottles of water the whole 53 hours now you can say iv lost weight bad very fast will suboxone help me get to sleep and what can I do to make myself eat and put some weight back on as fast as possible my shoulder bones are sticking out for Christ sakes

Hmm strange I hadn't heard of this kindling effect.....but I can, without a doubt, vouch for its authenticity as I have actually noticed/experienced it before myself. One substance that really comes to mind is cocaine.... I have plenty of experience with MA, but have yet to experience kindling effect with it yet, but have also been relatively more careful with it. I echo Mobius' sentiment- tread carefully OP, definitely...