• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2026 NFL THREAD

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
32,707
Location
babysitting the argument in my head
ALL THINGS NFL

So watching the pre season GB’s Shepard had a punt return td… first for GB since 2014. Im really hopping for a major Positive shift in special teams. He and Watson could end up being a major dual deep ball nightmare for opposing defenses.

Josh Jacob’s is bumming me out as he is shitting all over me.
 
Lafleur absolute bone head call to give up 3 points to put us up over a TD instead stuffed on 4 and 1.. over his career he has a hell of a record of 4 down bonehead flails.. wasn’t mathing.. gamble on your own time.

Shit refs.. bad bad bad calls.

Well we are alone in the basement for week 2.
 
i was out of town all weekend so i was not able to watch any football but i watched steelers. vs. patriots highlights and the patriots looked better than they did in the second half last week.

alasdair
 
No one that I care about has the responsibility to count my bad picks, just Mike from the jersey boardwalk
 
Ugg.. this season could be bitter for the pack
Yeah they started off great in the first game then went sort of downhill. But the season is young.

Been watching NFL for 55 years, I did not know you could punch a football out of a runners hand and cause a turnover. There is a method of doing it that works and is legal in the NFL. I have seen fumbles and interceptions, but not sure I saw a football punched out of the runners hand. Giants pulled that off. Then again with all the rule changes I can't keep up. But I am thinking this is not a new rule.
 
Yeah they started off great in the first game then went sort of downhill. But the season is young.

Been watching NFL for 55 years, I did not know you could punch a football out of a runners hand and cause a turnover. There is a method of doing it that works and is legal in the NFL. I have seen fumbles and interceptions, but not sure I saw a football punched out of the runners hand. Giants pulled that off. Then again with all the rule changes I can't keep up. But I am thinking this is not a new rule.
I guess I missed that play you're referencing, but I feel like I've definitely seen that kind of forced fumble before. Where the defender just smacks the ball and they drop it
 
I guess I missed that play you're referencing, but I feel like I've definitely seen that kind of forced fumble before. Where the defender just smacks the ball and they drop it
Yeah it was in the beginning of the game. One of the announcers told the other announcer to hold the football like he is running down the field. Then the announcer punched it out in a certain way that was clean and effective as an example. Interesting.
 
Yeah they started off great in the first game then went sort of downhill. But the season is young.

Been watching NFL for 55 years, I did not know you could punch a football out of a runners hand and cause a turnover. There is a method of doing it that works and is legal in the NFL. I have seen fumbles and interceptions, but not sure I saw a football punched out of the runners hand. Giants pulled that off. Then again with all the rule changes I can't keep up. But I am thinking this is not a new rule.

Yeah idk.. not sure if packers issues will be easy/possible to fix this season.. never know but im quite concerned
 
Yeah they started off great in the first game then went sort of downhill. But the season is young.

Been watching NFL for 55 years, I did not know you could punch a football out of a runners hand and cause a turnover. There is a method of doing it that works and is legal in the NFL. I have seen fumbles and interceptions, but not sure I saw a football punched out of the runners hand. Giants pulled that off. Then again with all the rule changes I can't keep up. But I am thinking this is not a new rule.

Is that what you're talking about ? It's always been a thing since I've been watching but I only started around 2013-2014 or so.

 
Top