• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2019/2020 NFL Discussion Thread v. Superman Returns...and then leaves again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles had me worried in the first half

Yeah I wasn't expecting that , but it's all about how you finish.

Interesting little factoid I heard last night...

The entire first half of NE's season, 8 games, Patriots will face:

(0) playoff teams from last year
(1) team with a winning record from last year (that was the Steelers...were they even trying last night btw? Field goal on 4th and goal down by 20? Leaving receivers wide fucking open all night)

Maybe just rest some of the starters until maybe halfway through November.

Last edited:
That seems rigged ?

I know I'm always bitching about the Patriots. I try not to, but I hear shit like that and I can't help myself. You have the GOAT qb, the GOAT coach, you just acquired the best receiver in the NFL ...why do you need the worlds easiest schedule on top of that?

Steelers. W
@dolphins (lost to the ravens by 49 wk1)
Jets (4-12 last year, lost to bills wk1)
@bills (6-10 last year)
@redskins (7-9 last year)
Giants (5-11 last year)
@Jets (round 2)
Browns (Lost by 30 to the titans wk1)
@Ravens
@Eagles
Cowboys
@texans
Chiefs

@bengals (6-10 last year)
Bills (round 2)
@Dolphins (round 2)

So basically a 5 week stretch of somewhat challenging teams , with a nice 3 week cool down before the playoffs.

2 best opponents are home games (chiefs and cowboys)

And their bye week just so happens to be within that stretch...right before the road game against the Eagles...

Last edited:
Yep automatic 6 games a year no matter what.

In most sports including the NFL, divisions usually go up and down every few years. They don't stay terrible for this long. And that's not accounting for the 4 extra layup games outside their division. Or the need the Patriots felt to engage in a conspiracy to sign AB.

so much great football this weekend!

desean jackson is back! lamar jackson manages to meet the hype! mark andrews sleeper hype was real! sammy watkins had a career day! john ross had a day! so close redskins! vikings look good! tough day for cam newton!

pats crushed the steelers souls. offense looks smooth. defense looked great/ haters hate.

:)

let's go raiders!

alasdair

xBxQlOS.jpg

Wnv0iuP.jpg

i'm not hating on cam - there was a lot of pre-season talk about cam and the panthers. "we want this division back!"

239yds with 0 td and 1 int isn't hate. it's just his actual disappointing numbers...

fwiw, i think antonio brown is a douchebag after the last few days but pats signing him is just business...

alasdair

Wonder boy qb/ everyone loves him / no criticism of his performance Jared Goff on left
Media Punching bag/shoulder surgery/foot injury NO PRESEASON rusty Cam Newton on right

:)

they both had a shitty day.

if the panthers are worried about cam's shoulder injury and/or foot injury and he's rusty and want to use those as excuses for poor performance , then why is he playing?

cake and eat it.

alasdair

sure. bottom line is he had a pretty bad day.

alasdair

lol. ok.

i'm not a hater. i'm just responding to the pre-season rhetoric, the numbers and the performance.

and, if the pats don't win it, i don't really care who does.

alasdair

Cam is one of the most overrated players in the league. His body is breaking down from style of play

Status
Not open for further replies.