• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Basketball 2019-2020 NCAA Basketball: the Road to cAtlanta.

Dammit...went to the end with UK but came up short. Expected the loss, not that we'd be in it to the end. Gives me hope for the last game of the season back on our home court against them.

Everyone says 'UF is in (the tournament)', but with our slate to close the season, we have great potential to fumble our way to the NIT.

Yeah, Kentucky almost gave that game away at the end.

overall I'm liking what I'm seeing, though.

Welp. Won't have to worry about making the March madness game this year.

The year of CHAOS continues. Not surprising they'd close it to the public. What I expect next is they start having players show positive for the flu, and the team is taken out of the tournament. Holes in the brackets occur, and any random team that can stay healthy has a chance...skills and 'best team' be damned. IF they don't cancel the whole damn thing at some point.

The year of CHAOS continues. Not surprising they'd close it to the public. What I expect next is they start having players show positive for the flu, and the team is taken out of the tournament. Holes in the brackets occur, and any random team that can stay healthy has a chance...skills and 'best team' be damned. IF they don't cancel the whole damn thing at some point.

nah dude they cancelled the whole fuckin thing.

theres no reason they couldn't have postponed it and played the games in empty gyms....

except there's probably a cancellation clause in all the media/corporate sponsor contracts. The big companies probably didn't want to spend tens of millions of dollars on airtime during silent basketball games with no fanfare.

in other words it was really money on their mind not the players or fans, as usual.

theres no reason they couldn't have postponed it and played the games in empty gyms....

Postpone....indefinitely? This (Corona virus) will likely take months to play out. In the meantime, players graduate, and some leave early for NBA. What rosters would be showing up during the summer to play?

he big companies probably didn't want to spend tens of millions of dollars on airtime during silent basketball games with no fanfare.

in other words it was really money on their mind not the players or fans, as usual.

It is ALWAYS about the money. Always. Though, I suppose they could always apply a laugh audience track if the stands were empty (like Vandy does for football).

My fucking INDIANA HOOSIERS were ranked this year!

BS

Yeah! BS! They never should have been ranked. BOOOO!!!!! /slinks away to hide my UF gear and await football season.

Honestly, I feel like cancelling conference tournaments is to UF what shooting a lame horse is after a race = put us out of our misery.

nah dude they cancelled the whole fuckin thing.

They cancelled after I'd heard they were intending to play with empty arenas....while I was busy eating steak and lobster while getting my pedicure on. I may have missed the cancellation.

Love how the sports radio shows now have 3h a day, 5 days a week, of airtime to fill with nothing. HA!

Love how the sports radio shows now have 3h a day, 5 days a week, of airtime to fill with nothing. HA!

some of them are doing podcasts now instead

this is really kinda fucked up. I get really depressed this time of year and basketball is a huge part of what gets me through.