• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Football 2018 NCAA Football v. How many style points for losing big at home?

I had to quit watching football because of the Kentucky Louisville game but Florida looked pretty good from what I saw

Bama came to play last night. Tua is back to early season form and we got the run game going. Oklahoma just never had a chance after going down 28-0. Bama let off the gas a little after that.

It was good for the world to see why Tua should of won the Heisman.

Bama Clemson is going to be a classic

Anyone making predictions on ALA-CLEM? Not going with my (uncontrollable) SEC biased...I honestly see Bama as the professional, Clemson is the intern that can win a few battles but will lose the war to Alabama, and everyone else is in grade school. I'm seeing a 20+ win for Bama coming. Tua is just too damn good (and SHOULD have won the Heisman...though I can see people saying he's on a power team so how much is HE doing vs what K. Murray is doing for OU...and Murray was fun to watch, just didn't have a power team around him...certainly not on defense :\ ). I rambled. I'll go 41-17 Bama for their billionth NC.

Like most games it will be decided at the line of scrimmage. Whichever QB gets time to throw will carve the other secondary up. But I like our chances with Tua.

3 and out on the first drive for our defense...then our special teams shut down a fake punt. Benny makes a run and Penn State holds us to a field goal. Not a bad start.

giphy.gif

Congrats to Snell on setting the UK rushing record...and still having another season to further it (though he is going pro, as he should). Loved seeing UK put down PSU, especially as I live in PA and am surrounded by PSU fans.

Boo on UGA, MIZZ, MSU, Vandy, and UGA* again just because. They let down the conference, especially UGA. The others I can let slide as they simply aren't that good. Why would I leave USCe out of that list when they lost? Because I hate Muschamp for ruining UF. I hope he gets a long term contract at USCe and continues to spiral down until ending up as a DC for MacElwain at Central Michigan. *UGA also is hard to root for in any situation for a true Gator fan.

Yay on LSU, ALA, UF, UK, TA&M and LSU again. LSU for shutting up that endless UCF crap about being left out of the playoffs. We all knew they were full of it, and finally, someone faced them in a game and shut.them.up. Auburn should have done it last year, but at least these Tigers got it done.

I used to love going back and forth with Axl here about this stuff, his tOSU homerism could never grasp the concept of conference pride. Here's a quick standing with the CFPNC as the only game left:

Code:
CONFERENCE 	RECORD 	WINNING %
CUSA		4-2	.667
Sun Belt	3-2 	.600
MWC 		3-2 	.600
Big 12 		4-3 	.571
Big Ten 	5-4 	.556
SEC 		6-5 	.545
ACC 		5-5 	.500
Pac-12 		3-4 	.429
AAC 		2-5 	.286
MAC 		1-5 	.167

If Alabama wins, SEC moves to .588 and is top among the P5 conferences. They lose, and ACC (.544) swaps places with SEC (.500). Of note, SEC did NOT do particularly well this year in bowl match ups. We were favored in 9/11 of the bowls - the two exceptions being underdogs UF and UK, both of which won ;) And the only conference we actually beat head to head was the B1G as we went 3-1 against them. =D

UCF and their AAC going 2-5 in bowls :| Tell us again about your national championships? Oh, wait, nevermind.

My family member came through and got us free seats on a charter out to Cali for the NC game. With how cheap game tickets are we decided to go. I'm pretty exciting! This will be my second Bama Clemson NC to see in person. We pulled out the other one I attended so hopefully I'm good luck. In fact I haven't seen Bama lose in person since 2008. So we got this! Roll Tide

Thanks. I hope it doesn't rain. Like 50 percent chance right now. Championship games should be played in domes

LSU for shutting up that endless UCF crap about being left out of the playoffs. We all knew they were full of it, and finally, someone faced them in a game and shut.them.up. Auburn should have done it last year, but at least these Tigers got it done.

the fuck thank you. i can't believe i had to play a fucking meme this year but i did. on my fourth string. with wide receivers playing corners because i literally didnt have a cornerback left standing.

i gasped outloud at your table. I, too, blame Georgia. But i also understand the petulance. How did Notre Dame do? Georgia would have done better and we all know it. This is bad for the sport, and we all know it, and I can't believe I'm about to watch my FOURTH Clemson Alabama match up, but here the fuck we are. I know I have a role to play in this. But so does Arkansas. And so does Texas A&M, and all of the rest of us in the West. I know the East (minus Georgia, sometimes) cannot be relied upon to stop this monster going forward. 2019 -- I will be better.

the upside of this is the return of Texas. Have we all collectively forgotten Vince Young and how great it was to be Texas for awhile? I'd like to see Texas return to insufferability in place of tOSU or Clemson. Maybe if Texas has a 10 win season next year they won't vote for Trump.

Haha we've beaten your wonderful LSU team 8 times in a row. That means two entire groups of students came to LSU as Freshman then graduated without ever knowing what it's like to beat Alabama. It's not like your getting closer either. We shut you out this year in "death valley". Hell even Troy owned your precious "death valley" last year. As long as Alabama stays committed to winning as an institution we will own the west. Hell I bet Dabo ends up here once Lord Saban retires in 10 years. Coach Yah Yah doesn't have a prayer of ever beating Bama. I do appreciate you guys beating UCF though. I wish it would of been by 30 but I'll take what I can get from your mediocre ass program.

Roll Tide