Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

2016ers open up about drug addiction fights

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
2016ers open up about drug addiction fights
By Cassie Spodak, Ashley Killough
November 5, 2015

(CNN)Jeb Bush, on the campaign trail in New Hampshire, spoke in emotional terms and revealed new insights about a painful period when his daughter, Noelle, struggled with a drug addiction that landed her behind bars.

"I visited her in jail. Never expected to see my beautiful daughter in jail," the Republican presidential candidate said in an interview with The Huffington Post, adding, "She went through hell." "When I travel and do my regular job I can just look in someone's eyes and I can just tell, you can just see it."

Noelle was arrested in 2002 at the age of 24 for trying to fill a false prescription and was sentenced 10 days in jail for contempt of court after she was found with crack cocaine in a drug rehabilitation center. Bush was Florida governor at the time, and Noelle's addiction was thrust into the full public spotlight. Her uncle, George W. Bush, was also president.

Talking about addiction epidemic, Jeb Bush gets personal

Prescription drug addictions have often led to heroin overdoses and it's become a growing epidemic. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced last month that deaths from heroin-related overdoses nearly quadrupled between 2002 and 2013 in the United States.

How heroin kills you

It has especially become an issue on the campaign trail in New Hampshire. At town halls and meet-and-greets across the state, voters regularly share stories of losing a loved one, and many candidates respond with their own personal stories.

Father loses son to addiction, ends up in recovery himself and then...

Chris Christie has spent more time than any other candidate on the trail in New Hampshire and so it may come as no surprise that he has been one of the more vocal candidates in addressing substance abuse.

His frequent answer on the issue is "You got to be pro-life for the whole life, not just for the 9 months they're in the womb." He tells voters that as governor of New Jersey he has put in place policies that seek to give addicts tools for recovery, not judge them, and to tear down the stigma surrounding addiction.

continued with many links http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/05/politics/jeb-bush-daughter-drug-addiction/

Chris Christie has spent more time than any other candidate on the trail in New Hampshire and so it may come as no surprise that he has been one of the more vocal candidates in addressing substance abuse.

His frequent answer on the issue is "You got to be pro-life for the whole life, not just for the 9 months they're in the womb." He tells voters that as governor of New Jersey he has put in place policies that seek to give addicts tools for recovery, not judge them, and to tear down the stigma surrounding addiction.

He should talk about how he vetoed a Good Samaritan bill for bullshit reasons and it took eight months, hundreds of letters from grieving families and Bon Jovi to change his mind about it.

Glad to see addicts and loved ones used as political capital. Gob dless Uhe tSA!

Right.. really trying to look Jeb as my president. . Come on now this man went and visited his own daughter in jail.. and ow my fucking lord he is not screaming bloody murder.

Like I have said before I would have a hard time following these cats out if a burning building.

Poles indicate results based off a rigged system.. actuality LEAD and you determine the game.