• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014-2015 NBA thread v. buy / cry your way to a championship

lowut

"Lance Stephenson will become trade-eligible on Monday, and the Hornets are reportedly looking for a trade partner.
Charlotte and Indiana have had preliminary discussions regarding Stephenson, but the talks haven't gone far, according to sources. So far, Charlotte has been unwilling to include a first-round draft pick in order to unload Stephenson, which has been a hindrance to any deal involving Lance. The Nets and Clippers have also reportedly begun looking into Stephenson, but have yet to express serious interest. Stephenson would see a major uptick in value if he returned to Indiana, but as it stands right now, nothing is imminent. Stay tuned."

Rumors of a Celtics - Mavs trade involving Rondo

not gonna lie Im kind of a Mark Cuban fan. he's an arrogant asshole but at least he's entertaining.

and Rondo on the Mavs would make them instant contenders out west. I know theyre off to a hot start, but I cant see their roster as-is competing in the playoffs. Rondo would make them legit title contenders. Cuban knows the window is closing for Dirk

omg a Rondo / Monta Ellis backcourt would be SIIICKK

please let this happen

I agree that move easily makes them one of the top 4 teams in the west

Dallas is already good, but rondo is the missing piece.. Pg is their weak position right now

damn someone referred to Carmelo Anthony as "the future hall of famer"

and honestly I had to stop and think like...

really? its THAT much of a lock for him to make the hall of fame? maybe im just a hater but wtf has he done besides lose in the first round of the playoffs and take a bunch of shots every game while playing zero defense?

im not above considering putting him in, but maybe win a championship like shit

I honestly have no idea who's gonna win the west. I dont even pretend to know whos gonna be in the conference semifinals

houston looks way better, trevor ariza is basically better for them then Chandler Parsons and if Harden plays any D they can beat anyone. Even if they dont play defense, they just outscore you a lot of times. Definitely a better team than last year

the spurs are the same team, always there. probably will be at least in the conf finals

it would be real convenient for the Clippers to win the title this year. I can see it now: black coach wins championship with black mvp (chris paul) after league ousts racist (honest) owner and fights the good fight and all that PR bull shit. plus, I like how they signed spencer hawes. gives them a big who isnt a liability at the free throw line and can hit 3s if left open. for a team with the likes of Chris Paul and Jamal Crawford, I think Spencer can get a lot of open shots. he will give them a deep frontcourt, probably the best overall out west.

Golden State is gonna have to outshoot everybody. its possible, not really as in love with this team as I was last year. Depends on who they play in the playoffs really

if OKC can just be near .500 until Durant comes back, I think theyll be fine. Not exactly that hard to do, and they just have to see what they got in their bench players. sometimes when a guy gets more minutes he steps up his game a bit but i dont know , they gotta get and stay healthy. same shit it always seems to be with the thunder. Im not really sold on Serge Ibaka as an offensive threat, didnt they draft McGary? wheres your boy at arci?

Will Phoenix make the playoffs? I dont know, and dont care. if they do, theyre out in the first round. thanks for coming out

New Orleans is going to make the playoffs. and promptly lose in the first round. hope im wrong about that, idk

The Blazers are really nice. I thought they could have beaten Miami last year if they made the finals last year. Aldridge is the best PF in the league right now, im sold. only person id consider taking over him is Anthony Davis but he's also way younger. And a lot thinner, Aldridge is a fuckin tank. Theyre the kind of team you know are good but forget how good they are until youre wwtchin ESPN and see the highlihhts and youre just like damn the blazers are actually prettt sick

well theres my 8 I guess. for the more difficult conference. i guess 1-8 would be like

1. Rockets
2. Clippers
3. Blazers
4. Spurs
5. Warriors
6. OKC
7. New Orleans
8. Phoenix

imo

Cleveland > Miami

San Antonio > Memphis

San Antonio > Cleveland

Memphis has a damn good team, and they're underrated every year. Marc Gasol is the best center in the league.. paired with Zach randolph is deadly too.

With the high amount of good point guards in the league people really don't notice Mike Conley... He's a top 10 point guard imo (that means all around.. Not how how many points he averages per game)

Phoenix will make the playoffs this year.. They are the most exciting offense in the league right now... Best backcourt in the league. Eric Bledsoe is a fucking beast.

Oh and have you guys seen the stats Anthony Davis has put up in his first 2 games???? MVP no doubt about it

Anthony Davis will become one of the best players of all time when his career is over... This is his 3rd season and he's still only 21 years old lol

Mvp: Anthony Davis
Most Improved Player: Perry Jones III
6th man of the year: Isaiah Thomas

agree to disagree on memphis. I dont even know if theyre going to make the playoffs

Id probably pick Jamal Crawford for 6th man because I dont really know a lot of teams depth chart situations

image.jpg

lol bandwagon faggot. Didn't even have them making the playoffs hahaha

I told you Memphis was the 2nd best team rhe the season started

This happened a couple of days ago... forgot to post it

So much better watching it live and with sound though. Crowd went nuts

RealisticFlimsyHornbill.gif

Honestly had no idea George Hill could throw it down like that
Nice block before the dunk too

What the gif doesn't show is he was running so fast that his momentum took him a few rows into the crowd

Last edited:
ive been meaning to get a vancouv grizzlies hat for a while it has nothing to do with the team's performance. none of my sports gear does. I also bought a Denver Nuggets hat so it evens out imo

after their dreaful start the nuggets are now two games under .500 since I bought one of their hats

the power is in my hands

watching golden st vs houston tonight sweet

Last edited:
after their dreaful start the nuggets are now two games under .500 since I bought one of their hats

the power is in my hands

watching golden st vs houston tonight sweet
I feel like golden state has a legit chance a championship this year. Am I delusional?

golden state is really good. I was on their dick last year but I was a year too early.

man I would have wrote 3 paragraphs about thr warriors a year ago, just a different level of intensity for posting about the NBA for me.

thank god for MLK day the sixers play the wizards at 2 today which is cool

Last edited:
Lol doc rivers signing his son and ditching farmar even though they both have the same stats pretty much

This happened a couple of days ago... forgot to post it

So much better watching it live and with sound though. Crowd went nuts

RealisticFlimsyHornbill.gif

Honestly had no idea George Hill could throw it down like that
Nice block before the dunk too

What the gif doesn't show is he was running so fast that his momentum took him a few rows into the crowd

he'll actually do that from time to time being more of a SG

Rudy Gobert, Roy Hibbert, both 7'2" centers with bert in their last names, coincidence?

5bF5idg.jpg

dude's looking like the best up and coming center imo

Petty obvious the Houston Rockets will win the finals, although the GSW got a roster.. Sad mello' didn't sign with us, but we git some very good trades.. I will say this, we need to lock down the paint, dudes drivin' in as if t's a cakewalk.. J.Smith is not dunking as he used to, but, no better passer in the league.

wow there's so much wrong with that post

Houston could make the finals, but Harden has came up small in past playoff appearances. There's nobody in the Western Playoff picture outside of maybe Phoenix and New Orleans who you could say "there's no way they could beat the Rockets 4 out of 7 times. They arent even leading their own division iirc. Dwight Howard is a punkass. thats enough for me to not like them

Josh Smith is a great passing big man. I think thats what you meant to say.

I picked the Clippers to win at the beginning of the year and have absolutely no faith in that. OKC could sneak their way into the finals. ball hard d waiters might not be as good as Harden was for them but Reggie Jackson is better, Adams is better, Westbrook is playing at an all nba level, and KD is quietly still a superstar. Their success will basically come down to whether or not their supporting cast can hit open shots. Confucius says: not this year. Dion Waiters has Tyreke Evans disease, all world in the pick-up game league, a misfit on any contending NBA roster.

I dont buy Memphis. I dont know I just dont. Not enough 3 point shooting.

Tony Wroten tore his ACL and will be out for the year. I fuckin give up man. Its so hard to watch the Sixers play. And I really do try, but jesus christ. I want to see Embiid, I want to see the Croatian Sensation Dario Saric, I want to see someone who can hit a fucking 3 pointer.

Who'd I say in the beginning of the year? Clippers over Cavs?

ill stick with that. because I dont know how you could make a case for any other combination to be far and away more probable

inb4 mike conley is underrated and other assorted rhetoric

San Antonio
Memphis
OKC
Golden State

Cleveland
Atlanta
Chicago
Toronto

This bulls lakers game has been highly entertaining. I think the Lakers are a better team without Kobe jacking up 30 shots a game. Jordan hill just forced double OT with a clutch long jump shot. Anyone else watching?