Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

2013 nrl

yeahbutno

Bluelighter
Whats your team?

Glad the bulldogs beat the eels. I hate jarrod hayne, for no reason apart from that face of his.

Whats your team?

Glad the bulldogs beat the eels. I hate jarrod hayne, for no reason apart from that face of his.

Wasn't much in it really. Eels could have easily won that. the 4 points the eels lost by should have been controlled better in the first half. And I guess there was 1 eels try that probably should have been disallowed. But given how bad they were last season the first 2 matches show some real enthusiasm and promise. I hope they can keep it up and at least stay up in the top half of the ladder.

Jarrod Hayne played pretty poorly, I don't know what was wrong with him, but that was an average performance by him, he is hardly captain material. Sandow played pretty well again tho.

Life long Balmain supporter who has always hated the magpies, so for the best part of 10 yrs I have had no team :(

Hayne is an over rated sook. Admittedly he has held that backline together for years but we are talking about Paramatta here so that's not saying much. That first half was a great game though. I went to bed at that stage so missed all the points in the second. Eels look much better this year but the Bulldogs are not quite the same team this year even with Tony Williams in their pack so it's still hard to say how much better.

I don't know how that last Paramatta try was allowed after Sandow's shoulder charge dislodged the ball. After all the hooha in the off season I thought it was pretty clear cut Sandow led with his shoulder. In fact I'm pretty sure that is the only way Sandow has ever tackled.

Yeah he is. very over rated and over payed. Yeah Sandow's shoulder charge probably should have been a penalty with the new rules, but the commentators didn't really pick up on it much, karl mentioned it a bit at half time I think it was. I think there was also a try by Chase Blair that probably should have been a no try, can't recall it now tho.

That first half was a great game though. I went to bed at that stage so missed all the points in the second.

Was that sarcasm or something? Or maybe you didn't know, but there wasn't a point scored in the second half. The eels had alot of ball and really should have put some more points on the board in that second half, the dogs were tired as and Ennis kept whinging at every decision it seemed, he had some call for a couple of them tho I guess. As an eels fan I couldn't turn it off, I kept hoping they would get one more converted try in and win by 2 points, but it wasn't to be and there was a bit of swearing at the tv from me.

Yeah it was sarcasm ;) I woke up and realised no one score after that. Not that I need to try fest to be entertained. I am a enough old school to apprecaite a good hard defensive game with try saves being just as impressive as tries themselves.

Ennis having a moan? Doesn't sound right ;)

Mad Sea Eagles supporter here & I am loving the Thursday night footy so far. Not a fan of the Dogs or Eels but Ricky Stuart always finds a way for his team to lose.

Who is everyone tipping to win the big one? I really can't go past the Storm as much as it pains me although the Cowboys, Dogs & Bunnies will be major contenders this season.

Yeah, the Storms spine of Slater, Cronk and Smith are too good at the moment. Souths are one drunken Bra boy incident away from losing a key player and imploding but they have the basis of a great team. They have a tough forward pack with almost forgotten players like Asotasis. Newcastle did look good last week but maybe because the Tigers look shit, plus you can't discount how much influence Bennett has on teams.

Brisbane were made to look better than they were last night because St George have nothing in attack. Wallace is a liability in attack and really needs to just shift it to Prince and they might start to fire. They have so many young players they will eventually win them a premiership but maybe not this year. Storm Broncos final for me sfter 1.2 rounds.

2013 the year of the sea eagle!

Knew you were a good bloke laugh ;).

I can't believe anyone is honestly tipping the Broncos to make the GF. They were torn a new arsehole last week & last night looked far from worldbeaters. Any team with a smidgen of attacking nous would have carved them up but then again they were playing St Merge the claytons premiers.

The led your mighty sea eagles and only fell over when they had a sloppy 10minutes in the second half. If you are serious anout Manly you should have been worried with their first half last week.

I miss not having an NRL game on Saturday afternoons on the ABC. I used to drink with Warren Boland at the pub every Sunday and dissect those games he commentated on.

Not at all Busty. It was only round 1 & the Eagles had performed reasonably well in the 1st half. Steve Matai had Hodges covered all game & Manly set up their win through hard work forcing the Broncos to make numerous errors. All that matters is what the scoreboard reads at the 80 minute mark & Manly picked up the 2 points.

My man love for matai knows no bounds. I always say it is not a manly game unless matai clutches a body part in agony. He grabbed at his calf in pain last Friday regular as clockwork. He will be half crippled by 35 but thats the way he plays the game :)

They need a much better coach than Ricky Stuart to turn them around.

I have to say Inglis is the best player in the comp at the moment. Too big, too fast with a wicked fend and solid defence. He attracts too many players when he has the ball and has sublime hands.

Just checking in to make sure poledriver is okay :p

Oh yeah i'm ok, since they beat the shit out of the sharks last night. lol, how you doing? (since the eels are 10th and the bulldogs are 12th and have only won 1 game out of 5) :)