• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013-2014 NBA Thread v. AI is officially retired

Gordon Hayward 5 reb 9 ast. Win
Demarcus cousins 14 reb going into overtime. Win

Lebron James 22 pts. Thank god it went into overtime lol , I can still win it

I seem to be the only one who remembers Doc Rivers being absolutely reviled by Celtics fans before that big ass shady Kevin Garnett deal

Los Angeles Clippers
20-11, 1st in Pacific Division

Defeated for 2 consecutive years in the playoffs by the Heat, despite being on the cusp of clinching both series.

How many of those Clipper victories were close in the 4th quarter?

Late and close in the 4th is one of the only times coaching matters, it seems. I just have the suspicion that Rivers fucks a lot of these situations up.

Glad I found I place I can talk ball always.

Anyway, I am from Boston but always been a huge Lebron fan. I am 31 and even remember being a kid for the Bird days, and then started to follow Joran, which lead to Shaq and then Lebron. so as of now I am a Lebron fan but I watch every game, every player, every stat, etc. of course w/ the Heat coming off 2 I am thinking they are going to win their third; but I'll give it to Indy, tho.. they are are play some sick ball, man. Paul George having a killer year but overall as a team they are great.

As far as the West goes, well.. a lot of talent out there compared to the East. Although Blazers are on top now I think they have NO SHOT of doing a damn thing. It still comes down to OKC and SA. SA just plays ridic ball, man. great coaching and just a game well played; crazy how they win but no one really comes to mind (well, parker, dunk, manu, but all old in a way). OKC for obvious reasons. I also would like to see the Clips take the West but I dont think they can.

damn I was living in Boston when LBJ went up against the Celtics so many times in the playoffs

would always be up at sports bars in Fenway holding it down for Cleveland

some sick games, man. I was hated during that time for rooting for the cavs in a city like Boston. some sick battles then. lebron got a lot of shit for the 2008 loss.

great times, great games there. even seeing the celts go were great cuz they were my 2nd fav. right behind the cavs, ha. was kinda a win-win situation for me but I would have rather seen Lebron in the finals that year and it being his first.

yeah that 2008 loss was epic

but it's like what could LBJ have done? any more?

it didn't even matter because Paul Pierce went flat out GANGSTA in that last game of the Eastern Conference Finals

sick piece vs lebron showing then. both had 40+ nights. as much as people wanna say lebon had a team around him; he had nothing even close to what the C's had that year. lebron was a beast but just couldnt get the win. lebrons first year in the finals killed me too. hated the performance and what happen.

yeah I agree with you 100 percent, I think any knowledgeable hoops fan would

LBJ didn't have any other stars, not even a half-star. he just had some decent role players, is all, like Varejo

or he did have Mo Wallace and that one shooter from Washington or whatever, but they always started collapsing during the playoffs and couldn't score in a Mexican whore house the day after Christmas

Wally mother fucking Szczerbiak!

and Daniel "Boobie" Gibson LOL he hit one clutch trey that one magical year LBJ and the Cavs upset Detroit in the Eastern Championship, and suddenly people think he can actually be a starter, yeah right

man I cringe every time I see Larry Huges name in all honesty

Sixers could have had AI and Dirk on the same team

idk if it would have worked out later on, because theyre both used to being the main scorer, but for at least the first few years they would have been stacked

I think if AI had another GOOD player around him he would have passed a bit; this way his SHIT FG% would have looked better than it is. guy could put u great numbers, great games, etc, but his FG% always had me thinking twice. straight beast tho for who he was, how big he was and how he played.

Dirk ended up w/ a ring anyway, so he;s happy. Killed me to see them give Dallas the ring that year. Had me in LBJ depression.

Allen Iverson is one of my favorite athletes of all-time, no doubt

why pass when u can shoot

because he couldnt shoot; he was shooting what? 40%? he scored, but most were him driving, getting fouled, etc. a lot of the legit shot attempts didnt work out.

Debuted last Saturday, I'm super happy Charlotte is going back to the Hornets.
nba_e_hornetslogo_gb1x1296_300x300.jpg

anyone watching this OKC/Houston game? Durant is crushing them right now. guy is great but gets no where near the love/coverage Lebron seems to get on TV. am I right here? and even tho he puts up bigger numbers than Lebron at times, he doesnt put up a bigger game? make sense to anyone?

damn that new logo is tight! I am also very happy to see them going back to the Hornets, I remember when that team came out in the 90s, so much Hornets gear

BBT - I think Kevin Durant is a ballin' ass baller, so I think any attention he gets is more or less warranted. now that you mention it, I guess I have noticed the KD hype dying down a bit recently. no doubt when his team first made the Finals against Miami the KD Hype Machine was cranked up to 11. OKC was playing so well that year, I seem to remember that the general consensus in this forum at that time was that no one could stop the Thunder from winning the chumpionship, not even the Heat (who hadn't won one yet if you remember correctly)

but now that those times have passed I guess KD's hype has slowed down a little bit, in recent years. hopefully OKC's rockin' year so far will mean KD gets more hype although he is such a good player I'm sure he doesn't even notice dat sorta thang