• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

200mg Vyvanse - No Effect Whatsoever --> WHY?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPMorgan12

Greenlighter
SWIM was recently prescribed Vyvanse 50mg. Before, SWIM had a good effect from Ritalin & Concerta. SWIM decided to try Vyvanse for a more smooth long-lasting effect.

The first time, SWIM had a tremendous effect from 50mg. Ever since (even the next day), SWIM had no effect whatsoever. As an experiment, SWIM tried 200mg yesterday, and still no effect - no pupil dilation, change in heartbeat or reduced appetite. Today, SWIM is getting a good effect from 20mg of Ritalin - which SWIM finds very confusing.

SWIM also take Lamotrigine 400mg and Citalopram (Celexa/Cipramil) 20mg. From what SWIM reads, SSRI potentiate the effects of Dexamphetamine and Lamotrigine is not known to decrease the effect of Vyvanse - besides, SWIM had a good effect the first time he tried it even while on these meds.

Perhaps the Lisdexamfetamin is not converting properly to Dexamfetamin? SWIM is not taking any vitamin C. He tried coffee and a protein-rich diet. SWIM is eating and drinking plenty. SWIM also finds it hard to believe that he has developed such a strong tolerance after 1 week of use.

This is a mystery to SWIM - so please, help him figure this out! Has SWIM acquired some metabolic/liver/kidney disease that could explain the lack of effect?

Edit: SWIM also tried Magnesium (the high-absorption type) and Taurine.

Last edited:
SWIM was recently prescribed Vyvanse 50mg. Before, SWIM had a good effect from Ritalin & Concerta. SWIM decided to try Vyvanse for a more smooth long-lasting effect.

The first time, SWIM had a tremendous effect from 50mg. Ever since (even the next day), SWIM had no effect whatsoever. As an experiment, SWIM tried 200mg yesterday, and still no effect - no pupil dilation, change in heartbeat or reduced appetite. Today, SWIM is getting a good effect from 20mg of Ritalin - which SWIM finds very confusing.

SWIM also take Lamotrigine 400mg and Citalopram (Celexa/Cipramil) 20mg. From what SWIM reads, SSRI potentiate the effects of Dexamphetamine and Lamotrigine is not known to decrease the effect of Vyvanse - besides, SWIM had a good effect the first time he tried it even while on these meds.

Perhaps the Lisdexamfetamin is not converting properly to Dexamfetamin? SWIM is not taking any vitamin C. He tried coffee and a protein-rich diet. SWIM is eating and drinking plenty. SWIM also finds it hard to believe that he has developed such a strong tolerance after 1 week of use.

This is a mystery to SWIM - so please, help him figure this out! Has SWIM acquired some metabolic/liver/kidney disease that could explain the lack of effect?

Edit: SWIM also tried Magnesium (the high-absorption type) and Taurine.
Looking for the same answer !

The fact that both of you ( I read both posts in the same thread on the same day with the same problem ) aren't getting off on almost 4 times the prescribed dose of vyvance is suspect to say the least. Obviously something you aren't telling us.

Nobody here can possibly tell either one of you why you can't feel 200 mgs of a drug where the LIMIT is 70 mgs a day.

I can think of a few reasons but I will keep them to myself.

Hey there!
Actually the other post is from 2014 :)

I definitely feels palpitations & my temperature is up.

I am not hiding anything… I’m not taking any kind of drugs for more than 2,5 years and never drink alcohol.

I’m on 50mg Pristiq
And take pantaprazol for my stomach but not always … so I don’t believe it would comes from this.
I felt euphoria on 30mg for the first few days… now nothing at all… not even effects to help with my ADHD…

I probably don’t eat properly, i only had breakfast today and don’t drink enough water for sure… but apart from that…

Two threads going on same subject so i'm gonna close this one. It's 8 years old and we have a current one.

Status
Not open for further replies.