• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

200mg Slow release morphine. Too high dose?

martainnn

Bluelighter
Ive got my hands on a 200mg slow release morphine pill for my girlfriend. Shes pretty small (51kg) and has a pretty low tolerance to opiates. Sometimes takes around 150mg dihydrocodeine with plenty of effect (no more than once weekly).

Im assuming 200mg would be too much of a strong dose for her but then I worry splitting the tab in half would make it instant release? Would 100mg still be too high of a dose for her? What doses would one recommend for morphine for those with low tolerance to opiates?

Cheers

I would say that's a pretty high dose for a person with limited tolerance. What you could do is get a pill splitter. Try cutting it into four pieces if you can and go from there. You can always take more if that doesn't seem to be enough. Be safe!

H

If she gets effects from 150 mgs of dihydrocodeine, then 25-30 mgs should be enough....if she's using it orally that is....if it were to be IV'd I'd say start with 15 mgs

If she wants to use the morphine orally for recreation I'd suggest putting 1/8th (about 25 mgs) of the pill in a small amount of Coca Cola or lemonade and let it sit for 8 hours. That way she can obtain instant release effects rather then 25 mgs being slowly released over 8 hours..3.125 mgs per hour, which after being metabolized isn't much

I would say that's a pretty high dose for a person with limited tolerance. What you could do is get a pill splitter. Try cutting it into four pieces if you can and go from there. You can always take more if that doesn't seem to be enough. Be safe!

Precisely.

Thanks for your response guys. For the record I was not planning on letting her take the pill whole or even at 100mg as I assumed these were too high doses.

Would taking the weight of the whole pill, crushing it up finely, then taking 1/8th of that weight and dissolving it in a small amount of lemonade suffice then? I think as the pill is rather small it would be tricky to cut it into an 1/8 piece even with a cutter.

Dude morphine orally has shitty bioavailability, like 20%-40% shitty.

I'm sure if she's doing 150mg of dihydrocodeine she'll be fine with half a pill. I done 100mg of IR morphine a few months ago and panicked like fuck and came on forums thinking I was going to die, but actually it was a very boring and low intensity high, and I'm only into doing Codeine and Tramadol as well as dihydrocodeine. If you're that worried split it up 4 times, doesn't need to be exact and just give her the smallest one. See how she is in 1 hr and if she's high enough leave it, if not give her more.

Last edited: