• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2-CB hcl volumetric measurement in alcohol ?

danieldefoe

Greenlighter
Hello i would like to experiment with 2cb Hcl at various low dosage (8mg to 12mg) ...i do have a mg scale but it is absolutely not reliable for small dosage...
so i am think to do a volumetric measurement

First question is 2cb Hcl soluble in ethanol (everclear)? I am thinking to do a weak solution to be safe like 3mg/1ml
I searched in this forum and in internet a lot and it seems to be possible but nobody seems to have tried and to be 100% sure.

I will get 60mg (precisely mesured) and mix it with 20ml everclear and store it in a dropper glass bottle (one from a anticoughing syrup so it will be anonymous and could also travel with it)

this is step by step the procedure i will follow
1) wash properly the dropper botte and dry it
2)Calibrate the dropper: fill it with exact 20ml from a syringe then count how many drops in total so i will know how many drops ml /mg will be
3) add 60 mg of 2cb close and it shake it well for some minutes.....
4)the result should be something expected around 8 drops per mg and allow quite precise dosage....there is always some error but i think it will small and not noticeable.

what do you think? any comment? thanks

Yes it is soluble in ethanol.
If you can get a 1ml syringe then I would do more concentrated than that. With a 10ml syringe that is sensible. Droppers usually give 20mg per ml so I think you could do 5 or 10 mg/ml.

All sounds good to me, welcome to bluelight.

Yes it is soluble in ethanol.
If you can get a 1ml syringe then I would do more concentrated than that. With a 10ml syringe that is sensible. Droppers usually give 20mg per ml so I think you could do 5 or 10 mg/ml.

thank you very much for the very fast answer....i choose that concentration because that's the amount (60mg) i would like to get...i dont need more then that and i have a dropper of 20ml.... is there a specific reason for a more concentrated solution? or it's simply more convenient as less drops counted less alchohol drunk etc....
i could always have my dropper filled partially of course...

Also , does it make any difference to use common vodka or pure ethanol at 95%....?

It probably won't make any difference. The alcohol (and cold temperature) prevent microbial growth, but 2C-B (and most phenethylamines) are very stable and should keep dry or in solution for a very long time, if kept cold and away from light. I have some 2c-e that's been on liquid solution for 3 years and it's perfectly fine.

If you plan to use it all in a couple of months, you may even use tap water. Or you can keep half of your 2c-b in tap water and the other half in alcohol for the future.

More info: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/762844-Storing-2C-B-in-solution

I would personally go for a solution of H2O mixed with ethanol to prevent contamination. If you use vodka it's ok. I tend to reserve the use of pure ethanol for compounds not -at least, easily- soluble in water.