• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

1year old methadone does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RamonTheTowelBoy

Greenlighter
I have some liquid methadone around a year old would it b safe to drink cuz it looks like it has some fishys in there don't think it bacteria tho it smells fine. I think its dry methadone residue from the cap that fell in over time c:

Sounds gross...but I don't think there would be any problem. Methadone solution is stable for a long time and due to the high sugar content, bacterial growth is limited.

Sounds OKAY to me. Drugs usually last a long time, with the caveat being that they have to be kept dry and cool. So I am not sure how liquid methadone would fit into that. However, a year isn't even a long time. Morphine from the 1800s usually still retains some effect.

It is probably fine. I would only drink it if you were the one who has been storing it this entire time. I'm not trying to say this is completely against the rules or anything, but we would not be able to tell you for fact that it is safe to drink without actually analyzing it in a lab to determine there is nothing wrong with it. The same would go for someone asking if the Milk in their fridge is safe to drink. Sure, we can say, "probably" it's okay after 3 days, but there could also be E. Coli in that milk simply at random and we couldn't safely tell someone to drink that milk with a clear conscience, without knowing that it factually is safe to drink. The same goes for your Methadone. That is a personal choice for you to make based upon what you know about the solution. I'm not saying I'm opposed to answering this, it's just that it can't be answered safely without evidence.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.