View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1p-lsd with omeprazole?

phok

Greenlighter
I looked around the internet a bit and seems like regular lsd with omeprazole isn't a big deal as far as causing complications or ruining the trip. I was curious if any one has experience with 1p-lsd and omeprazole?

I'm not aware of any interaction between proton pump inhibitors and lysergamides ... they act on completely different receptors. What is the omeprazole for? If it's just for acid reflux (not for an ulcer or anything) there shouldn't be any harm just skipping it on the day you want to trip just to be extra safe.

Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor, right?

I don't think there would be any significant interaction.

1p-LSD is generally considered to be nothing more than a pro-drug for LSD. Changes in stomach pH may have minor effects on the hydrolysis of the 1-propionyl-group in the stomach, but realistically the same reaction should also happen in your blood, and probably faster at that due to enzymatic catalysis (after all, most people prefer to keep tabs pressed against their cheek/under the tongue anyway, bypassing the stomach via buccal/sublingual absorption).

If it's just for acid reflux (not for an ulcer or anything) there shouldn't be any harm just skipping it on the day you want to trip just to be extra safe

I was thinking about this. Its just keeping the acid reflux under control. No ulcer's, fortunately nothing to serious. I guess I wont be eating much anyway.

1p-LSD is generally considered to be nothing more than a pro-drug for LSD. Changes in stomach pH may have minor effects on the hydrolysis of the 1-propionyl-group in the stomach, but realistically the same reaction should also happen in your blood, and probably faster at that due to enzymatic catalysis (after all, most people prefer to keep tabs pressed against their cheek/under the tongue anyway, bypassing the stomach via buccal/sublingual absorption).

Yeah its a proton pump inhibitor

Interesting, I didnt know that it would happen in the blood too. Though thats a good point about sublingual. I was thinking it would just go through and not get digested or anything with the stomach acid effects and I'd piss it out like a vitamin. Supoosedly b12 is hard to absorb on it.

I would recommend ondansetron with it rather than omeprazole, although if you have preexisting acid reflux then both could be of value, I found 1p-LSD a fair bit of a gutripper to be honest.