View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

1p-lsd hydrolysis

tergish

Greenlighter
So, I'm fairly unfamiliar with chemistry, and to be honest I enjoy 1p on its own. Its been great as an LSD substitute, especially when I can get them for 5$/tab as opposed for 10 for Street LSD. However, what I'm wondering is, because 1p-lsd is theoretically a pro drug to lsd, converted in vivo through hydrolysis, would it be possible (with powder, since blotter would waste product(or as is my assumption)) to convert 1p-lsd, to lsd?

I don't think it can be converted very easily. Would kinda be synth discussion but I believe it would take high temperatures and a basic environment. So possible... yes I guess so, and traces are always bound to depropionylate, but that is another issue.

Why on earth would you want to convert it? I don't see any benefit besides the symbolic value of LSD having history/status you name it whereas 1P is technically rather novel.

amides can be hydrolysed under acidic or basic conditions, similar to esters. but I also fail to see the gain in doing that. the LSD might also be damaged during the procedure (heat)..

Yeah good of you to mention...
As 1P is a diamide the other amide may very well be hydrolyzed and you would have to hope that a reaction there is less preferred.