• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 16 years oxy user working up plan to get off for good please help have questions

Hey LD!

You are doing SO awesome! Keep it up. About the trazadone - I have it prescribed but wasn't sure about the dosage so I posted a new thread titled "trazadone for sleep?" I got some great feedback about trazadone. I posted it in sober living but it got moved to basic drug discussion - let me know if you can't locate it and I'll post a link!

- VE

I'm so glad you are tapering? off clonidine. They only use it short term for withdrawal because of rebound hypertension, which is serious in individuals with a high bp already. Plus the higher the dose, the less REM sleep you get. So what little sleep you were getting was likely not restful.
Light drinking with calcium channel blockers is fine. How frequently if you don't mind? It's important. You can PM me.
VE answered your question about traz and sleep.
Solidarity, CD

I was prescibed 150mgs trazodone but after reading up i broke it in half. I took it couple nights ago i had the worse most vivid as hell scary as shit nitemare of my entire life! i threw them in the garbage. I read its hit and miss some people ive read saying same thing with nitemares. So its valerien root and melatonin with a accasional xan for sleep only for me eventually my sleep patterns will return. CD i didnt like the side effect from the calcium blocker bp med so im just gonna stay clonidine less side effects for now. I workout everyday and take supplements to fight paws, gotta say tho i hate this 3 hours sleep shit makes my skin crawl on my arms. It will all pass eventually the paws symptoms for all of us.......IT better! TLD

Last edited:
I PM'd you. But I forgot to add that clonidine reduces REM sleep as dose increases, which is deemed necessary for a good night's sleep. I say deemed because it's difficult to study in humans unless you're torturing them and that's classified. Well documented with animals.
Hope the rest helps!

Hi all,
I hope everyone had a healthy and happy holiday season, so far. I just came home from my doctor appointment and he said NO to the clonidine. He wants me to go to addiction treatment. NO WAY!! I do not know what to do. I was honest and that surely did not help. I also waited until I met with the doctor in person. I have been waiting for days for this appointment so that I could get off these pills. Should I ask my pain management doctor for clonidine and tell him I want to take a couple months off of pain meds in order to re-assess my pain issues?

OR....I wonder if I call around would a doctor's office tell me over the phone if they will prescribe comfort meds?

Hi all,
I hope everyone had a healthy and happy holiday season, so far. I just came home from my doctor appointment and he said NO to the clonidine. He wants me to go to addiction treatment. NO WAY!! I do not know what to do. I was honest and that surely did not help. I also waited until I met with the doctor in person. I have been waiting for days for this appointment so that I could get off these pills. Should I ask my pain management doctor for clonidine and tell him I want to take a couple months off of pain meds in order to re-assess my pain issues?

OR....I wonder if I call around would a doctor's office tell me over the phone if they will prescribe comfort meds?

You got your log in back at some point!!! Yay!!!

Hope everyone had an excellent Christmas. It was actually the best Christmas at my house, probably ever. My kids were all smiles.

CD - I read through all these posts to catch up and I just wanted to say, you are not only a wealth of knowledge but such a great supporter for so many. What is your general field of study or career, if you don't mind me asking?

Things still good here with the recovery, work is picking up again for John after the slow weekg of Christmas....I guess ppl only want one tree on their mind that week.

We decided to take up archery. I purchased compound bows for us, as a xmas gift and we went shooting. My first time!!! We had to set the sights... so I aimed at the target and he said aim in the same spot so I can adjust the bow sight....I did. Shot the arrow and it hot the 1st arrow on the back and split it in 2 knocking it off of the target. Not realizing the depths of what just took place, I'm like where did the arrows go? Several men at the range were just staring at me like I was an alien. Only later did I find out just how amazing that is. Anyhow, we are finding healthy hobbies, everyone got new fishing poles, tons of lures and everything to go with it.

Looking forward to 2017!!!!

Love n light ~

Oh yeah.... GO LIGHTNING! We won last night's game , solely because I was wearing my team shirt.

Hi Broken, sorry it took so long for me to answer. I quit checking this thread awhile ago. My general field of study is scientific and medical research. I'm not sure how much I'm supporting anyone, but thank you! I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you and I wish you and yours a Happy New Year!

Hi everybody i took a little hiatus the holidays are not my best time of year i lost my father 3 years ago new years day and it seems like all the worst stuff happens around the holidays i have a long list of bad stuff. So i really brace when they come im glad they have passed without too much disaster this year. Im doing good still dont have great sleep yet but im starting to get most of my energy back last sunday i actually went ice fishing with my son and his freind and i did good probably from the adrenaline i got from being back on the ice after not ice fishing in 20 years. It got real cold as we were pulling our gear out at sunset 7 degrees and wind chill well below zero that started to kick my ass lol my feet and hands were freezing it was a great time i cant believe how good it does ya just getting out and tacking chances. I think im day 40 something i dont count no more, Happy New Year!

Last edited:
Ice fishing sounds a lot of fun! Definitely something that would be good to do more often last :) And that's awesome you got to spend some time with your son like that!

Ice fishing sounds a lot of fun! Definitely something that would be good to do more often last :) And that's awesome you got to spend some time with your son like that!

thanks TPD! ice fishing is fun i use to go with a bunch of freinds all the time we cooked hot dogs and burgers on a oak fire we played a little hockey if the ice was good. Was a great time ice fishing with hockey skates on made you very mobile out there. great to hear from ya Happy New Year!

Last edited:
I sure get a genuine smile when I think about you bud !! Hope all is coming around for ya' ( I'm ~8.5 mos. and still feel better by the week , thou it's felt great all along it keeps getting clearer ....) looks like a good time for sure - cold as balls , but what a great time !!
What kinda fish ? Any luck ??

I sure get a genuine smile when I think about you bud !! Hope all is coming around for ya' ( I'm ~8.5 mos. and still feel better by the week , thou it's felt great all along it keeps getting clearer ....) looks like a good time for sure - cold as balls , but what a great time !!
What kinda fish ? Any luck ??

Thats mutual brotha!! yeah im feeling better not a 100% but after 47 days i dont expect to yet ..im happy to hear your feeling better too!!! Yeah ice fishing feels a little colder than i remembered it!. but the adrenaline i got from just being out there after 20 years not ice fishing gave me the xtra power. lagemouth bass, pike, chain pickerel, mostly. Happy New Year Bro!!

Tld, forgot to mention sorry about your father. Mine died when I guess when we were both young and the whole thing literally could not have been worse, just at the beginning of the holidays.
I don't know why people only give you two weeks to mourn. Condolences.
Solidarity, CD

Tld, forgot to mention sorry about your father. Mine died when I guess when we were both young and the whole thing literally could not have been worse, just at the beginning of the holidays.
I don't know why people only give you two weeks to mourn. Condolences.
Solidarity, CD

Thanks CD, sorry to hear about your father passing so young. And i really have gotten to the point i dread the holidays i have a laundry list of disasters around the holidays, i really have not enjoyed the holidays for many years. solidarity tld

I haven't posted in a longtime on this old thread so i'll give a quick update 75 days today no opioids! I hope everyone is doing good! TLD
23.gif

Nice work TLD!

Anything in particular you've been doing recently that has been helpful?

Nice work TLD!

Anything in particular you've been doing recently that has been helpful?

thanks TPD! Alot of good weed, some drinking not heavy usually weekends only. Im trying to not do lyrica often but with the nerve pain in my feet sometimes i need relief.
I dont think the nerve pain ive been having over the last couple years is from my lower back because its rare to get nerve pain in both feet from sciatica most likely PADS peripheral artery disease.
If i didnt have this nerve pain shit in my feet i would be feeling so much better physically and mentally. I actually crave lyrica more that opioids it really helps so much with nerve pain.

Sir: you really do seem to know what you are talking about with the tapering. I've read page after page of your stuff. I'm starting a taper from 150 milligrams/day of 30 roxys ir. My plan was to come down 7.5 milligrams each week. Do you think this will work? Thanks in advance for the response - douglas

thanks TPD! Alot of good weed, some drinking not heavy usually weekends only. Im trying to not do lyrica often but with the nerve pain in my feet sometimes i need relief.
I dont think the nerve pain ive been having over the last couple years is from my lower back because its rare to get nerve pain in both feet from sciatica most likely PADS peripheral artery disease.
If i didnt have this nerve pain shit in my feet i would be feeling so much better physically and mentally. I actually crave lyrica more that opioids it really helps so much with nerve pain.

Sorry
about the nerve pain in your feet ---- Sir: you really do seem to know what you are talking about with the tapering. I've read page after page of your stuff. I'm starting a taper from 150 milligrams/day of 30 roxys ir. My plan was to come down 7.5 milligrams each week. Do you think this will work? Thanks in advance for the response - douglas