• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

14-year-old has parents arrested for drug counts

wow I cannot believe that this discussion is still going on. The bottom line is if you do something illegal and get caught then you take your punishment. Whether or not you feel drugs in your home\the woods\in a car or where ever shouldn't be a crime is totally irrelevant. It IS a crime and even if they didn't have a child they would have been but in jail.

Now as for the child being the one to turn them in, I think she did the right thing. What should she have done if she felt unsafe? Runaway and get picked up by some sicko rapist? I think she gave herself a fair shot at life. Children are entitled to a childhood and shouldn't have the worries of adults. Like I didn't know we were poor until I was 14 and learned money should have pictures on the back. My mom never bitched about money (or lack thereof) and food-stamps kept us eating well. If the parents felt they needed to do this to support their child (which is bullshit btw), they shouldn't have done it in the house.

Using and making drugs are on two different levels. I would consider myself a very intelligent person. Book-smarts - check, street-smarts - yup I've got that to. I'm also smart enough to know that just because I can follow a recipe I should never attempt to manufacture any synthetic drug period. I need the understanding of how these chemicals are reacting with one another and what to do in case of an accident. Believe it or not some people don't know not to put water on a grease fire. Anyhoo I think that everything will work out well in the end. This kid seems like a smart cookie with a good head on her shoulders. Her parents couldn't have been all that influential if she turned them in so how can this ruin her life? Just cause you CAN procreate doesn't mean you should.