• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

14-year-old has parents arrested for drug counts

They def deserve to be thrown in jail. They were manufacturing a drug...and with a child in the house. Small time people shouldnt been thrown in jail i agree with you there. But these people were making the drug. Thats like saying the FEDS shouldnt go after drug lords either. A lot of murders and crimes happen because of drug deals and shit like that too...just remember that.

That was a very well constructed argument, craig420.
Kudos!

Summer of Love:
Do you really think that the parents should NOT have been sent away? They were willingly making drugs in their home, and they got caught. I'd bet my life that they knew what they were doing was wrong. They knew it was illegal, and they chose to do it anyway.

We're not talking about someone who got nabbed with a few grams during a traffic stop, this is about someone who was actually making the meth. They can party all they want outside of the house, at a friends place or whatever. But when they chose to run a shotty operation like that IN FRONT of their child, they chose to put that kid in harms way, and set a very shitty example of what a 'good parent' is supposed to be.

BlueAdonis said:
That was a very well constructed argument, craig420.
Kudos!

Summer of Love:
Do you really think that the parents should NOT have been sent away? They were willingly making drugs in their home, and they got caught. I'd bet my life that they knew what they were doing was wrong. They knew it was illegal, and they chose to do it anyway.

We're not talking about someone who got nabbed with a few grams during a traffic stop, this is about someone who was actually making the meth. They can party all they want outside of the house, at a friends place or whatever. But when they chose to run a shotty operation like that IN FRONT of their child, they chose to put that kid in harms way, and set a very shitty example of what a 'good parent' is supposed to be.

of course they knew it was illegal, they arent great parents for doing it, and yes i agree it was really stupid. i just dont think they deserve to be locked up for it. i think the lab should just be shut down, and thats the end of it. although the kid was in POTENTIAL harm, it was still a victimless drug crime. locking them up isnt going to solve anything i think.

this is a confusing situation, and i definately see your point. its one thing to be making meth alone or with other adults, but when a minor is present, that makes it a sensitive situation indeed. plus, the kid voluntarily turned the parents in, because she was concerned. i still just dont think they should be locked up for it, especially such a long ridiculous sentence like(max) 60 years. i cant say what exactly should be done, even though i made a suggestion above. i dont know how id feel in that kid's shoes. such a strict sentence just seems way too draconian to me.

craig420 said:
Ahh, nothing like some prejudicial stereotypes to show your closed-minded, ignorance.

So many people have been brainwashed into believing that anyone who touches this "evil" drug automatically become monsters...no middle ground of course. As soon as you use it, you become a horrible parent, a violent criminal, a raper of women, an unproductive member of society. Wait, does any of this shit sound familiar? It's the same crap that the government and people like you have spewed for nearly a century in efforts to criminalize a number of drugs...first marijuana, then heroin, lsd, cocaine, meth, etc.

Do you really believe it is impossible to use meth responsibly? The drug doesn't do evil shit...just some people who do evil shit happen to use meth. And if they didn't have meth available to them they'd probably be out shoving cocaine up their nose or binge drinking all night. These are addictions problems and often manifest themselves with whichever drug is available to them.

Dude, I'm not talking about a responsible drug user. I'm talking about my fucking mom here. Someone who has a very addictive personality and has had problems with not only meth but cocaine and alcohol. They actually do affect her parenting and behavior in this way. It not a goddamn stereotype it's a fucking example.

Jesus H Christ said:
Dude, I'm not talking about a responsible drug user. I'm talking about my fucking mom here. Someone who has a very addictive personality and has had problems with not only meth but cocaine and alcohol. They actually do affect her parenting and behavior in this way. It not a goddamn stereotype it's a fucking example.

I see. So from sample size of one, you've come to a grand conclusion for an entire set of people...I can't see any fault in that (s/c).

Thanks Craig. Using dramatic anectodes to justify universal policy applying to all is also a common strategy used by drug warriors.

As for that poor girl, she will regret her actions one day. It does not really matter if her parents are "right" or "wrong". She sent them to jail. A system that leads to children denouncing their parents for producing substances for which there is huge demand is flawed.

I am also amazed at the level of sainthood expected of parents on this board. Given that people here are probably more relaxed than the general public, drug legalization appears very far away. Especially when users themselves seem to feel that what they are doing is "bad" or "evil"
8)

JPN said:
Thanks Craig. Using dramatic anectodes to justify universal policy applying to all is also a common strategy used by drug warriors.

As for that poor girl, she will regret her actions one day. It does not really matter if her parents are "right" or "wrong". She sent them to jail. A system that leads to children denouncing their parents for producing substances for which there is huge demand is flawed.

I am also amazed at the level of sainthood expected of parents on this board. Given that people here are probably more relaxed than the general public, drug legalization appears very far away. Especially when users themselves seem to feel that what they are doing is "bad" or "evil"
8)

i agree with you, but dont you think the lab should have been simply shut down without a prison sentence? although there was no direct victimization, im sure the lab owners knew well how dangerous a meth lab is, and it was very careless of them to run something like that in front of a young kid. it would be different without the kid, but i would also feel the same way if it was run in a crowded neighborhood.

By not throwing them in jail your basically just slapping them on the wrist...and saying "just dont do it again" These people deserve what they got. Making drugs is a pretty serious offense. We would probs have a mass amount of people making drugs if that was the only thing that would happen to them. The rules are strict for a reason...to keep people from doing it.

Last edited:
Icey said:
By not throwing them in jail your basically just slapping them on the wrist...and saying "just dont do it again" These people deserve what they got. Making drugs is a pretty serious offense. We would probs have a mass amount of people making drugs if that was the only thing that would happen to them.

In the short run yes, but in the long run no.

At first, lots of people would begin manufacturing due to the high profits and low risk. However, as the quantity produced increased due to the influx of manufacturers, prices would fall. The decrease in prices would lower profits and therefore decrease the allure of manufacturing. The number of people manufacturing would thus go back down.

Keep your eyes posted for my new book about to hit the shelves titled "Drug Economics for Dummies".

The bottom line is this: They knew what they were doing was wrong and illegal. Right? So why is there even any discussion on how to handle them?

They knew the law, and they willingly chose to break it.

Wether the law is shit or not is another topic, but for now, the law is the law. If they had a problem with it, then do something about it; run for mayor, governor, president, etc. At least try and change things if you are so opposed to drug laws.

They knew it was illegal, they threw caution to the wind.

craig420 said:
In the short run yes, but in the long run no.

At first, lots of people would begin manufacturing due to the high profits and low risk. However, as the quantity produced increased due to the influx of manufacturers, prices would fall. The decrease in prices would lower profits and therefore decrease the allure of manufacturing. The number of people manufacturing would thus go back down.

Keep your eyes posted for my new book about to hit the shelves titled "Drug Economics for Dummies".

The market place would be killed...but many people would be making stuff for themselves and their friends and other people. If the punishment was not severe then there would be massive amounts of people making all sorts of shit. Quantity would skyrocket in my opinion and prices would plummit. so it would make any sort of drug even easier to get than it already is.

Three things:

1. I disagree with jailing people for using, making, buying, or selling drugs. However, subjecting your children to an environment where those last three things are going on is DEFINITELY something that I believe should be criminal, and the first behavior is iffy.

2. Someone made a comment about America's child worshipping culture? Where the hell are you from? Parents spend both less time and money (per capita adjusted for inflation) on their children now than ever. True, there are plenty of spoiled rich and middle class kids, but the largest demographic in this country living below the poverty line is children. This is NOT a country that is "child worshipping," quite the opposite in fact.

3. While I think that perhaps turning her parents into authorities may have been a little drastic, what other choices did she have? Can you imagine what kind of fucked up situation she was in and for how long she had been in it? True there are more ideal solutions, but she is a fourteen year old girl who was likely scared, confused and angry. What do you expect from her? Nothing like blaming the victim.

What it all comes down to:

"You dont have to like the law,
but you have to obey it.."

Again, I will digress a bit from the topics:

- An unjust law is an unjust law. Of course there are consequences for breaking the law. Ask the people in Afghanistan who were still trying to educate their daughter, even though it was against "the law". It was also within the bounds of Nazi Germany's law to exterminate Jewish. So what? Law is not the same as justice (and I am a lawyer!), and there is a very well known exception to most restriction on civil liberties known in the legal community as the "drug exception".

- If you think that drugs should be legal, or if you have ever done any drugs yourself (and are thus, by definition, a criminal), then I find the overall attitude of demonizing manufacturers, distributors and retail sellers of drugs very strange, as they are the one taking the risks of providing the products you believe are OK to take (please, don't remind me that they are doing it for the $$$. So would I!).

- On the parenting issue, again, one must have internalized the whole anti-drug discourse very deeply to claim that a parent who takes any substance is, in essence, "evil". This is total nonsense, especially when so many of these substances were legal (i.e. "good" ?) for an extended period of time before being made illegal (i.e. "evil").

- Running a lab at home is inherently risky. However, whether the level of risk involved can be described in all case as "child abuse" is unclear, as the precaution taken by the parents to hide the products or to manufacture it in the backyard etc would have obvious consequences in the determination of the risk involved. However, the government has decided to by-pass traditional common law assesssment in favor of changing the statutory definition of child abuse to cover meth manufacturing. This is non-sense legally, but well within what the government is entitled to do, especially as traditional constitutional safeguards do not apply when it comes legislation introduced to fight drugs.

- Prediction: In five year, this girl will be whining on Oprah. Not sure about what yet, but she will be there.

No no no, it's you don't have to like the law, but you should probably obey it if you want to stay out of trouble.

And I don't think anyone is demonizing parents just for taking drugs. In fact Bluelight is probably the last place on Earth you'll find people being demonized for taking drugs. If someone wants to take drugs they should be allowed to, but the problem comes in with the fact that they are a parent and have a child to be responsible for. I think most people would agree that sobriety is probably the best mindset to maintain when you are taking care of your child. And don't even bother trying to argue the point that no one on this board knows anything about the enviroment there, the type of people who make meth in their house with their fourteen-year old kid are not the type of people who don't use drugs. This would be a different situation had the parents been manufacturing meth at another location, or at least sent the kid to grandma's house when they were cooking, but they didn't.

Confucius say :

The Governor of She said to Confucius, "In our village there is a man nicknamed 'Straight Body.' When his father stole a sheep, he gave evidence against him. " Confucius answered, "In our village those who are straight are quite different. Fathers cover up for their sons, and sons cover up for their fathers. Straightness is to be found in such behavior.

Certianly what the girl is doing is un-natural and i think mentally she will realise and likely suffer for this.
However it was to the benefit of socity that she did this, so maybe we should be thankful. It was a moral dilema few have had to weigh up. For normally the siutations never arise or we never contemplate it should appear.

Perosnally i think the girls likely put herself though a world of personal pain, for dubious social benefit.
I tend to dislike such social penetration and demand for adherence as when we break the mother daughter relationship .

Society is a benefit but it shouldnt dictate our every core of being. And breaking it to catch some petty law breakers isnt worth the damage we do.
Even just from having the possibility in the first place.

Last edited:
Well, maybe I'm misreading this whole situation here, but I think the girl turning in her parents had more to do with her own personal safety / wellbeing rather than comforming to the social standards about drug dealers. If she was just narking them out because of what she heard in DARE wouldn't she have done it awhile ago? The cops were investigating this couple for eight months, which means they were producing meth for longer than that. Obviously, she wasn't just running down to the police station right away.... I think this girl suffered a lot because of the irresponsible behavior of her parents and she made a choice to get herself out of the situation.

Was it the best possible choice? Probably not, but we don't know what other choices she had. It certainly was a better choice than staying in the situation she was in (14 year old girl growing up in a methlab? Not too healthy).

^^^
Exactly. A lot of you guys say shes going to suffer because of her choice...well...what if she stayed in that situation??? She probably ratted her parents out because she felt unsafe. And a child being in a place that produces drugs isnt safe at all. And for all we know there could have been weapons in the house and everything. People that produce drugs will go to every measure possible to make sure no one steals their shit. I would rather read that she ratted her parents out then reading she was possibly stuck in the middle of shoot out, or killed in a robbery, kidnapped, or anything like that.

Kids do crazy shit without understanding the consequences. She will realize them later in her life. Also we do not know her situation at home , maybe they were abusive and all sorts of other shit not mentioned in the article, teenagers sometimes will do stuff to spite their parents so maybe it's one of those ? Also do not forget that the COPS were already watching these people so when she went to them they had no choice but to arrest them, it's not like she gave them up per say and cops had no clue what was going on...

two statements:

#1. This girl will NOT regret it AND....
#2, Her parents got whut they deserved.

nuff said