• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc 1,4-BDO how toxic is this stuff?

The total score is 1 to 5 ranging from 0 to 15 with there being 3 criteria.... . 0 being unresponsive to 15 being fully responsive,.... There are 3 criteria each measured from 1 to 5 hence the to 15.

I was a paramedic for 10 years so I have some idea of what I'm taking about

Not to be a know-it-all but since there have been so many posts on the GCS and none absolutely correct:
The GCS includes three criteria (opening eyes, verbal communication and motoric reaction), each has a different numeric scale of 1-4, 1-5 and 1-6 (respective to the order of the items in brackets I've listed before). Therefore, every existing object (table, tree, lifeless body) has a GCS of three (i.e. not opening eyes, no verbal reaction, no motoric reaction(even after addressing/pain stimulus)).

Not to be a know-it-all but since there have been so many posts on the GCS and none absolutely correct:
The GCS includes three criteria (opening eyes, verbal communication and motoric reaction), each has a different numeric scale of 1-4, 1-5 and 1-6 (respective to the order of the items in brackets I've listed before). Therefore, every existing object (table, tree, lifeless body) has a GCS of three (i.e. not opening eyes, no verbal reaction, no motoric reaction(even after addressing/pain stimulus)).
Working for the British ambulance service for 10 ýears, a GCS of 1-5 t with a total of 15 was ALWAYS used..... I can't speak for other countries but in the UK this was used without exception during my 10 years of experience.

Working for the British ambulance service as a senior paramedic for 10 ýears, a GCS of 1-5 t with a total of 15 was ALWAYS used..... I can't speak for other countries but in the UK this was used without exception during my 10 years of experience. This is known as the modified Glasgow Coma Scale.

Working for the British ambulance service for 10 ýears, a GCS of 1-5 t with a total of 15 was ALWAYS used..... I can't speak for other countries but in the UK this was used without exception during my 10 years of experience.

Alright, I'm a bit surprised, never heard of that (especially since the GCS as outlined in my earlier post stems from the UK). There are some modified versions, but they either utilize less points or add other features (brain stem response, etc.) and are not widely used.
Which would have been the fifth item in your version of the GCS in the eye reaction category, and which item would have been left out in the motor reaction category?

Alright, I'm a bit surprised, never heard of that (especially since the GCS as outlined in my earlier post stems from the UK). There are some modified versions, but they either utilize less points or add other features (brain stem response, etc.) and are not widely used.
Which would have been the fifth item in your version of the GCS in the eye reaction category, and which item would have been left out in the motor reaction category?
Open eyes spontaneously

I'll quote this once more '

From the brain injury alliance of Utah website.....

"The Glasgow coma scale is used to assess patients in a coma. The initial score correlates with the severity of brain injury and prognosis. The Glasgow Coma Scale provides a score in the range 3-15; patients with scores of 3-8 are usually said to be in a coma"

5 points here.... Should be noted that different ambulance services do things slightly differently in many reapects

Yeah, I'm aware of that, though that is likely limited to infrastructure and materials. I somehow doubt that London Ambulance Service and Yorkshire use different versions of an internationally used rating scale...

I'll quote this once more '

From the brain injury alliance of Utah website.....

"The Glasgow coma scale is used to assess patients in a coma. The initial score correlates with the severity of brain injury and prognosis. The Glasgow Coma Scale provides a score in the range 3-15; patients with scores of 3-8 are usually said to be in a coma"

So? We can agree on the fact that the GCS ranges from 3-15, no need to quote again some non-profit organisation from Utah.

I just think it's sorta weird that a supposed senior paramedic of 10 years experience in the field has never heard of the GCS scale that is used and taught internationally, even if the NHS trust he's worked for for whatever reason employed a modified rating scale. :unsure:

Yeah, I'm aware of that, though that is likely limited to infrastructure and materials. I somehow doubt that London Ambulance Service and Yorkshire use different versions of an internationally used rating scale...

So? We can agree on the fact that the GCS ranges from 3-15, no need to quote again some non-profit organisation from Utah.

I just think it's sorta weird that a supposed senior paramedic of 10 years experience in the field has never heard of the GCS scale that is used and taught internationally, even if the NHS trust he's worked for for whatever reason employed a modified rating scale. :unsure:

I can guarantee I have morexperience ii havre morel experience with wirth ths
n you do........ Q

Traditionally eyes = 4 visial =5 and motor = 6....... This has been changed seral times and ar NEAS it is 5, 5, 5. As I say I've been there for 10 years so I would know

Also man, please don't question my profession credentials.... It's highly disrespectful and there are manyi on this site that can back them up with real life
and also photographic evidence.... Thank you.

Last edited:
Believe me man, I know a lot about chemistry, I mean, very profound academic knowledge, I got very surprise that someone is using it like a drug.

NEVER DO THIS. THIS IS EXTREMELY TOXIC, EXTREMELY!!!

Believe me man, I know a lot about chemistry, I mean, very profound academic knowledge, I got very surprise that someone is using it like a drug.

NEVER DO THIS. THIS IS EXTREMELY TOXIC, EXTREMELY!!!

We have that interest in common ?
Its indeed toxic, how ever "Extremely Extremely Toxic" is honestly a bit of an overkill.

Im not aware of a single case where someone has died as a result of using G recreationally. Im talking not overdoses, but dying from using it over a period of time.

I live in the G capital of the world Melbourne and as mentioned havnt known anyone to suffer long term use effects that are fatal.

It is extremely toxic on the liver. Luckily the liver does a decent job of repairing itself.

What I meant was that there are plenty of other substances to be used, there is no meaning to use something that will certainly damage the body, the price is a cancer 20 years later, trick or treat

I can get extremely high breathing glue for shoes, it is a good high I've tried it, but it is not something that I will keep doing, BDO, man, the damage is too high for the reward

I can guarantee I have mor ğexperience than you havre morel experience with wirth ths.....

Traditionally eyes = 4 visial =5 and motor = 6....... This has been changed seral times and ar NEAS it is 5, 5, 5. As I say I've been there for 10 years so I would know...

Also please don't question my professional qualifications obviously this matter as its extremely disrespectful. There is l plenty photogtalphicę
Evidence on this site to back it up.,

Thank you

I can guarantee I have morexperience ii havre morel experience with wirth ths
n you do........ Q

Traditionally eyes = 4 visial =5 and motor = 6....... This has been changed seral times and ar NEAS it is 5, 5, 5. As I say I've been there for 10 years so I would know

Also man, please don't question my profession credentials.... It's highly disrespectful and there are manyi on this site that can back them up with real life
and also photographic evidence.... Thank you.

What's the additional item in the eye response category and what item is subtracted from the motor response category?

So if I were just reading this thread I would come to the conclusion that 1,4 BDO is very toxic and bad. But on the other hand it reads that it is basically GHB and not bad. I have wondered on this myself to give it a shot but not sure. I do use phenibut and gabapentin at times and had my eye on this. But I can not tell of it is toxic even if it is very occasional use.

GHB itself is almost entirely non-toxic (except in overdose - it happens to be a neurotransmitter, we have GHB-specific receptors). 1,4-BDO converts to GHB, however it requires a metabolic pathway to do that and undoubtedly produces metabolites that are not GHB, so I wouldn't bet on it being as non-toxic. But I've never read anything to suggest it's VERY toxic, maybe mildly so.

Gotcha, thanks Xorkoth. Seems most things we indulge in takes some researching and internal smarts before we go for it. For now I will treat it as toxic as although it converts to GHB it does not start like that so many variables can come into play.