• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Dropped something to my pool (which I don't have), felt extremely tired, suddenly couldn't keep my eyes open really, couldn't move a shit really (like in reality, because I am sleeping on 15-30 mg of mirtazapine, it is just my brain mixing dreams and reality, sort of partial sleep paralysis or shit), four people rush in, agitated, apparently ready for violence, I knew I needed to react, but couldn't really do shit, until I managed to get up and bash one of them with another one holding from legs (on mirtazapine I have sort of super powers in dreams after all and manage to pull off amazing things...when I don't have one of these episodes).

Then drowsy again. Helpless.

Woke in bed, eyes wide open. This shit again.

FUCKING HORRIBLE! I always just want it to stop. To get up and fight. Last time it was me and my horse in dark forest, going to sleep, horse got nervous and then fucking WOLF pulled off and went for my horse, suddenly couldn't keep my eyes open, couldn't really move, didn't know where the wolf was, if it was going after me and whatever. There is commonly threat associated but it is hard to tell what way the causality goes.

Dropped something to my pool (which I don't have), felt extremely tired, suddenly couldn't keep my eyes open really, couldn't move a shit really (like in reality, because I am sleeping on 15-30 mg of mirtazapine, it is just my brain mixing dreams and reality, sort of partial sleep paralysis or shit), four people rush in, agitated, apparently ready for violence, I knew I needed to react, but couldn't really do shit, until I managed to get up and bash one of them with another one holding from legs (on mirtazapine I have sort of super powers in dreams after all and manage to pull off amazing things...when I don't have one of these episodes).
I've been on mirtazapine for over 10 years now. It helps greatly with my depression, anxiety, insomnia and poor appetite. When I was first on it (7.5mg, I think), I had the most epic dreams every night. They were never bad though, just very cinematically vivid.

Now I'm up to 45mg and I still have vivid dreams (as you can see by my posts), but nothing like the first few months that I was on it. I actually miss them. A lot of them were lucid, so I knew that I could do whatever I wanted because it was only a dream. I would fly around supermarkets and eat food off the shelves, make out with random women, etc.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:sleep:

I've been on mirtazapine for over 10 years now. It helps greatly with my depression, anxiety, insomnia and poor appetite. When I was first on it (7.5mg, I think), I had the most epic dreams every night. They were never bad though, just very cinematically vivid.

Now I'm up to 45mg and I still have vivid dreams (as you can see by my posts), but nothing like the first few months that I was on it. I actually miss them. A lot of them were lucid, so I knew that I could do whatever I wanted because it was only a dream. I would fly around supermarkets and eat food off the shelves, make out with random women, etc.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
Thanks.

Ive just got this PTSD so my dreams are fucked when they are not just bliss.

Laat night I went to drug abuse support group or something and there were neonazis going to attend so I just told one to get rekt but eventually I decided to leave because they were getting threatening.

And before that; splatter. Cops were stuck in giant rain water drain lid so other cops just blew them away with grenades and machine guns. Blood and chunks of meat. Overall after I started withdrawing off of benzos, violence got just lunatic and killings were frequent. Neck snapping, guns and chainsaws. What the fuck?

The most fucked up dream ever was the one where I was part of the criminal organisation, we digged up a grave, took the body, which was just disturbingly malformed from the birth and put life to it. It was thoroughly unnerving, also because I was part of organisation I couldnt tell about anybody or they were coming to go after me. There was this side story where I went to mental health professional, I thought I told everything was fine, but in the end of the dream, in second appointment, he showed me form where I had wrote "HELP ME!"

I always seem to have clusters of recurring dreams, and this past week it's been live action role-playing games. I'm always in some big building, trying to find a hidden passageway or whatever. I'm not sure why, because I've never done anything like that. Probably something I saw on TV or online.

I'm way behind on posting my dreams but I should get to them eventually.

I dream of Jeannie with the light brown hair
Borne, like a vapor, on the summer air
I see her tripping where the bright streams play
Happy as the daisies that dance on her way

Many were the wild notes her merry voice would pour
Many were the blithe birds that warbled them o'er
Floating, like a vapor, on the soft, summer air

I long for Jeannie with the day dawn smile
Radiant in gladness, warm with winning guile
I hear her melodies like joys gone by
Sighing round my heart o'er the fond hopes that die

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again
I long for Jeannie, and my heart bows low
Never more to find her where the bright waters flow

Borne, like a vapor, on the summer air
I see her tripping where the bright streams play
Happy as the daisies that dance on her way

Many were the wild notes her merry voice would pour
Many were the blithe birds that warbled them o'er
Floating, like a vapor, on the soft, summer air

I long for Jeannie with the day dawn smile
Radiant in gladness, warm with winning guile
I hear her melodies like joys gone by
Sighing round my heart o'er the fond hopes that die

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again
I long for Jeannie, and my heart bows low
Never more to find her where the bright waters flow
Lol, I was starting to wonder who Jeannie was until I realized that it was the song!

Not this Jeannie :

barbara_eden_i_dream_of_jeannie_photo_by_nbc_getty_images_140938754jpg.webp

You can anything shady, no-one will argue with you because it doesn't matter.

The real question: do you take anything you say seriously or are you a fool's lark. :unsure:

So, tell us true ...

No wait, don't bother ;)

Aug 30-31, 2022: "R. Zander/Rehab"

I found a biography written by the mother of Robin Zander from Cheap Trick. I told my mom that I would almost rather be in some rehab/sober living home because I needed to be around people like myself and the isolation was getting to me.

Aug 31-Sep 1, 2022: "Apocalyptic Scenes, etc."

I had a can of Campbell's "Yam Milk" soup. My friends and I were drinking gin mixed with grapefruit juice. I went for a drive, and there was some chaotic supernatural situation taking place with large trucks/tanks being attacked by flying gargoyle-like creatures. I hid in a room that was covered in barbed wire, then realized that I couldn't get back out without being all torn up.

There was a psychotic woman running through the mall attacking people, and I shot at her feet to stop her. She didn't get hit, but when I caught up to her she held my gun up to her head because she wanted to die. I tossed the gun away and gave her a hug because I felt really bad for her.

Outside at night, I watched an airplane take off that looked like an upside-down version of the Batmobile from the 1960's TV series. My crazy ex-girlfriend told me some fantasy that she had about murdering a baby and it completely freaked me out.

I was trying to record vocals in a booth, but my mom was watching TV in there so I told her I'd wait until later. I huffed some kind of fumes from a rag.

Somebody "showed" me a dream of theirs (it looked/felt like I was actually there) that was similar to my apocalyptic experience earlier; I was driving down the road at night and there were explosions and scenes of carnage going on all around me. It turned into more of me going back in time and seeing what my hometown was like back around the 1940's.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

I took a nap and had a dream that I was getting drunk. I was surrounded in empty cans and kept trying to find the full bottle, but they were all empty. I was writing a beautiful poem, every line was on point and I was very proud of it. The poem was about alcoholism. I was surrounded in all directions by empty bottles, so many that I couldn't move without stepping on them. Then I woke up.

I wish I could remember what I wrote, but it was lost upon waking.

(I always seem to be a month behind on these, because I only post several at a time to make reading them easier.)

Sep 1-2, 2022: "Dead Penny/Honky-Tonk Bar/Christmas"

I had a 1954 penny that was "dead", but I couldn't quite figure out what that meant. Later I realized that the man whose name was on it (Treasury Secretary?) had recently passed away. I went to a honky-tonk bar/country store that sold old patent medicines from the 1800's in their original bottles. I met Reba McEntire there and hung out with her for a while. They had my mom's potato casserole behind the counter and I realized that it had ended up there by accident, so I put it in my car to bring back home. There was a car crash in the parking lot and people were lying on the ground, badly injured.

I was helping my parents put up a bunch of fancy Christmas decorations, but I wasn't really in the spirit to. I drank a bottle of "Christmas-flavored" (pine?) beer with images of snowflakes on it. My mom wanted me to ask the owner of a local convenience store for his TV set but I didn't feel comfortable doing it. I kept calling the pharmacy to get my Klonopin prescription filled but couldn't get through.

(My dreams for the next couple of weeks were very sporadic and uneventful, so I'll just give some highlights. These took place over the first half of September.)

- Mobs of people were attacking each other outside my house and and domestic animals were getting hurt in the process, so I grabbed a long wooden stick with a metal hook on the end to go fight them off.

- My mom left two small dogs with me to look after and wrote instructions on their legs/paws.

- I was in a live-action role-playing game that took up several levels of a large house.

- Two young boys were playing an outdoor sport/game, and I somehow temporarily traded places with one to purposely lose so that the other one would feel better.

- Another live-action game. It began as a war simulation on the beach, where there was a woman that I really liked. Later it moved inside a house where people were setting up booby traps and hiding behind them.

- A bunch of guys covered me in chains and fish hooks as a joke, but it was scary because I knew that I'd be torn apart if I tried to move. I asked for help but no sound came out.

- Some guy had a dead pig and thought it would be funny to dress it up and leave it on the back porch. Gross.

- An old female friend of mine got a form of cancer that was supposedly contagious, so I had to get checked for it myself. The doctor x-rayed my chest and said that it didn't look good. (I think that it was supposed to be related to HPV-16.)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Last edited:
Sep 16-17, 2022: "Prison Bar"

I had to spend 3 hours in prison and went in with some guy that I apparently knew. The big open room looked like a bar. Some guy with a deformed face threatened my friend with a knife. I knocked someone's drink over and had to pour him a new one immediately or else I'd get beaten up. Two female inmates threw a girl on the floor who seemed to be drunk. I had to pee but held it in because I was afraid to use the bathroom, which was part of the shower area.

Sep 17-18, 2022: "Ex-Girlfriend, Mom Blind"

My high school sweetheart and I went to a park with an outdoor handball court. I tried to be funny by rolling a bowling ball at her and knocked her over with it, then felt really bad.

My mom was singing at an outdoor event downtown. She kept feeling her way around everything and I realized that she was going blind.

Sep 18-19, 2022: "Bookstore Job"

I was working at a bookstore where my boss was a crooked cop/mafia-type dude. There was a gay bar across the street and he didn't want to let them in. I was looking at a book about African/American soldiers in World War II and it caught on fire somehow, so I dropped it and kicked it out the back door.

Sep 29-30, 2022: "Booze & Meth"

My mom made a batch of crystal meth and I wanted to try some. I was afraid of getting anxiety from it, so first I took an "alcohol pill" and washed it down with whiskey.

Sep 30-Oct 1, 2022: "New Office Job, Lost in Store"

I started a new job at a corporate office and was really excited about it, then I saw how much there was to do and got stressed out. I had a huge stack of paperwork and asked my boss what I was supposed to do with it, but she just got annoyed with me and walked away.

I went to a large, multi-level department store with my parents and couldn't find my way out. I kept on ending up back in the children's department that was full of things like plastic chairs and toys for toddlers.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

A prematurely ejected foetus consisting of a pelvis with a twisted bare spine, headless, yet heralded by all others

Rotating, levitating in celebration, blurred surroundings

I don't know if i was the foetus or a disagreeing observer or both

Wow. My dreams are very low key compared to y'alls but here goes nothing.

I'm in a car driving down a road toward a mountain, with my bike on the rack in back. The road enters a dark forest thick with pine trees. My old POS car with its dim yellowish headlights can barely illuminate the road 20 feet ahead. In my rear view mirror there is nothing but blackness.

Ahead, there is no variation in the wall of trees on either side and I'm suddenly aware that I don't know where the road goes, or if the forrest ever ends. One thing seems to ring true. Everything about the journey I set out on, seems a distant memory too difficult to fathom and lies in stark contrast to where I now find myself to be.

Soon I come to a break in the trees, a narrow strip about 10 feet wide, clean cut and all the way up to what I can only assume is the peak. The clearing glows ever so slightly, dimly, but unmistakably warmly. I pull over and park. I unmount my bike and start riding up the mountain.
For some reason I stay in the darkness, under the cover of trees I ride along side the glowing strip of mountain and see it is covered in gold colored leaves.

As I peddle on, squinting to see through the trees, my eyes are drawn to a section of the clearing that is illuminated and drenched in a soft glow, like a ray of sun through a jar of honey. Something out of place sits at the center. The foliage of the forrest floor surrounding it is not just gold leaves, but colorful pastels alongside rich browns, deep reds, and shades of ochre.

I finally get close enough to see that it's a memorial, with a wreath of flowers around someone's name. Bouquets of flowers in various stages of life, death, and decay litter the ground all around it. I step out from the cover of the dark forrest and the name comes into view. Confusion, and shock set in as I read my own name written there in fancy italic capital letters. Was this a sick joke? The warm inviting glow... why would someone do this?

I feel strangely hurt, possibly targeted, and the realness of that feeling is no match for shitty dream logic apparently because my reaction is to try and think of reasonable explanations to why my own first and last name would be on a memorial buried in flowers in the middle of fucking no where on the side of a mountain. I look at the bouquets of flowers layed gently all around. Some are very dead, some wilting, some lookquite alive still, as if someone had left them recently. It is at this point that the answer hits me so hard like the whole entire point of this journey was to show me this one thing and I had the nerve to be all "Why tf is this here with my name on it??"

A: "Because someone fucking loves you."

That's the message. The darkness of the forest and the warm glow of the clearing, the steep incline of the mountain and the evidence of someone's efforts to not let my memory (me) be swallowed up by the darkness.

A prematurely ejected foetus consisting of a pelvis with a twisted bare spine, headless, yet heralded by all others
OMG, that's terrible. I hate dreams like that. I had one about a year ago where my cousin's dog died and shed its skin like a snake with the eyeballs attached. It still haunts me to this day.

I'm in some auditorium being taught something, at college perhaps. This dream is already about halfway through. It then takes a turn from its current trajectory when I realize that the guy sitting near me is a work colleague I used to know who died about 10 years ago, and I point out to someone that he's in the presentation we're watching too.

I think at this point we sort of leave the auditorium, not sure, but I remember visually the dream sort of stopping and losing focus, and it was just me asking him questions about death. Something about 'bonuses'. I can't remember his exact wording, was cryptic and cheeky.

It was a nice break from the usual confusing dross that makes up a lot of my dream material, to have something more profound and personal to me. It was one of the moments where it did feel like there was some tangible communication of sorts and not just memory. Whether it was him or not I don't know, but it did feel like him.

In another dream I remember walking along an elevated towpath adjacent to the Thames. Nice bright sunny day. I decide to fly down and skim the surface of the water. I see a friend back on the path and I join her, enter waterfront house, and converse for a bit. Then I'm just flying third person above the Thames again and the water is crystal clear. There's a few small pods of dolphins swimming about in it. I'm flying further downstream and all the houses are deserted. Flying out towards the estuary and the dream ends.

Sounds like I'm about to die :LOL:

In another dream I remember walking along an elevated towpath adjacent to the Thames. Nice bright sunny day. I decide to fly down and skim the surface of the water. I see a friend back on the path and I join her, enter waterfront house, and converse for a bit. Then I'm just flying third person above the Thames again and the water is crystal clear. There's a few small pods of dolphins swimming about in it. I'm flying further downstream and all the houses are deserted. Flying out towards the estuary and the dream ends.
That sounds awesome! :)

I haven't had a dream (or remembered if I had any) in almost 2 years.
It's always just like slipping into darkness (nonexistence) and then zapping back into "this world" upon waking up. Nothing but blackness.
Not sure why.