Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

◘ DXM: ◘ Trip log ◘ Discussion ◘ Questions ◘ Advice ◘

Pob

Greenlighter
◘ DXM: ◘ Trip log ◘ Discussion ◘ Questions ◘ Advice ◘

Hi, I've created this forum thread for the purpose of sharing my personal trip history, discussing anything DXM related, and to help people use this substance safely, efficiently, and to help people achieve the best experience on DXM that they possibly can have. :) Feel free to post anything DXM related. Stories, advice, questions. If I can help you I will. Otherwise, I'm sure that there is someone who can help in some way. :D

My DXM trip record ( approximate but extremely close [ml + mg amounts] ):

Most of my trips, I've used Delsym, but sometimes Robitussin.

148 ml: 888 mg (Intense) (Delsym)
175 ml: 1050 mg (More intense) (Delsym)
75 ml: 450 mg (Nice body high, minor hallucinations) (Robitussin)
237 ml: 1410 mg (I've decided to take this dose in moderation.. extremely intense. (Delsym)
237 ml: 1410 mg (I've decided to take this dose in moderation.. extremely intense. (Delsym)
265 ml: 1590 mg (Tripped the fuck out, NOT a recommended dose for most people, get ready for a ride....) (Delsym)
175 ml: 1050 mg (Intense) (Delsym)
265 ml: 1590 mg (Tripped the fuck out, NOT a recommended dose for most people, get ready for a ride....) (Delsym)
60 15 mg Robitussin gel-capsules: 900 mg (Was rather intense. Hit me very quickly, and I had a very nice trip.)
175 ml + 20 15 mg Robitussin gel-capsules: 1350 mg (Very strange. Very intense. Fun.)
40 15 mg Robitussin gel-capsules: 600 mg (For some reason, extremely intense. Spent most of the time riding in a vehicle. Thought I was in a spaceship. Very fun.)
148 ml: 888 mg (Crazy experience to say the least bit. I'm using Robitussin more often now though, because of how quick the onset is.) (Delsym)
240 ml: 720 mg Robitussin (Very intense. Very powerful experience.) (Want to do this again.)
118 ml + 20 15 mg Robitussin gel-capsules: 760 mg (Holy shit. One of the hardest trips I've ever experienced. Not sure if I'm down to do this one again. I thought I was dying. Not a terrible experience to say the least though.)
---------------------------------------------TRIP REPORTS---------------------------------------------------
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/...-caps-are-fun-)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More trips to come, I'm taking a break. My brain can't handle all of this, even with me taking huge breaks for weeks at a time between these doses. I've learned a lot, I've seen a lot, I've even physically hurt myself on the first 1590 mg dose. My visuals got too intense, and I fell off of a table I was standing on. (Why the fuck was I standing on a table?) Ended up smacking my face extremely hard on another table, (the coffee table) knocked myself out I believe, and woke up with blood all over the floor. (Scared the fuck out of me, and my lips and nose are still extremely sore.)

My brother on a dose close to mine, [1300 mg I believe] literally pointed and laughed very slow after me doing this. He claims he thought I was alright after we stopped tripping (later the next day) but who knows, he might have been tripping so hard, he had no idea what was going on at all. Hahaha. (Swelling has gone down, thank God. That was an embarrassing thing to have to explain to everyone who asked. Although now that I'm safe, looking back on that, it was rather funny.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've decided to start tripping again, just not as often. I will be updating this new thread as often as I can. I am tripping on 888 mg of Delsym tonight with my brother and a friend. I will most likely release a new more detailed trip report. Stay tuned. :) - Saturday, February 14, 2015

*** NOTE ***

I've done hours of research on DXM, and I consider myself pretty experienced with it, although I've only done it a small amount of times. MY EXPERIENCES with these doses are MY EXPERIENCES. In other words, don't come back to me saying "BROBOB, I treeped nuts off of 300 mg and you said 450 mg was only a nice body high." I don't feel like anyone on this forum would literally do that, most everyone here is mature from what I've seen, but I don't want to be the one to blame if someone is irresponsible with their dosage. Thanks

--------------------------------------------------EDITS-------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Ay pob, so let me get this straight. So your first DXM experience of 17 was at 888mg? or are these the only ones that you considered the experience substantial?

Great writeup mate :) though I'm not quite sure PDD is the appropriate subforum on BL for it....I'll leave that one up to the mods to decide :)

DXM and I have been to many, many places and times together. IDC what anyone says, Dextromethorphan is some real, wacky, trippy, thought provoking, metaphysical, mind expanding stuff. It can really be a gateway to some strange parallel universe where I get to play an alternate, somewhat darker and stranger form of myself. A good dxm trip will always be one of my favorite experiences. Robitussin changed my life.

Hoo.

Ay pob, so let me get this straight. So your first DXM experience of 17 was at 888mg? or are these the only ones that you considered the experience substantial?

This is the only 17 times I've ever used DXM, in any dose. The 888 Mg dose from a 148 ml bottle of Delsym. It wasn't as strong as the Robitussin though because the Robitussin is HBR, and the Delsym is DXM Polistirex. Very fun trips I will say, although I've decided to take a break. Too intense on my brain. Haha

Great writeup mate :) though I'm not quite sure PDD is the appropriate subforum on BL for it....I'll leave that one up to the mods to decide :)

Thank you sir! I've put quite a bit of thought into attempting to write a few more trip reports, but I have a hard time remembering a lot of my trips for some reason. I'm thinking about getting some LSD, or mushrooms, and writing another few trip reports. As far as PDD being the write subforum for this writeup, I can't be sure. D: I appologize if it isn't and if a mod would please move it to the correct section that would be cool :) Anywho, thank you trozzle. :)

DXM and I have been to many, many places and times together. IDC what anyone says, Dextromethorphan is some real, wacky, trippy, thought provoking, metaphysical, mind expanding stuff. It can really be a gateway to some strange parallel universe where I get to play an alternate, somewhat darker and stranger form of myself. A good dxm trip will always be one of my favorite experiences. Robitussin changed my life.

Hoo.

I absolutely agree! DXM is definitely one of the darker drugs I've ever done as for as psychedelics go. The body high I get from it is one of the best ones I've ever experienced as well. I will also agree the DXM can change someones life. It made me think harder about who I actually am, and who I want to be, so far that, GO DXM! :) Thank you for your input sir! :p

i have yet to try DXM; hope to extract some since i don't want to mess up my organs. my sis said the kind that contains only DXM requires a prescription. i could probably just talk to a doctor and see if i can get the DXM only kind; idk what brand tho.

ironically i have a cold right now and no syrup! D: i do have white wine though and it's delicious!

i have yet to try DXM; hope to extract some since i don't want to mess up my organs. my sis said the kind that contains only DXM requires a prescription. i could probably just talk to a doctor and see if i can get the DXM only kind; idk what brand tho.

ironically i have a cold right now and no syrup! D: i do have white wine though and it's delicious!

You actually do not need to talk to a doctor to find the dxm only kind. Just head to your nearest pharmacy and look for a max strength robo, the ones in the blue box. And from there you can do an extraction if you wish, but if youre starting small and not abusing, your liver might be a little mad at you but i wouldn't say it is extremely harmful.

Some more information (incase someone could help me with my question)...

I was prescribed fluoxetine for a while but have been off of it for 2 months (well, almost 2 months). I quit taking my propranolol 2 days ago (I read that it is completely out of the body's system after 2 days though). I still take my lamotrigine and am not sure about interactions between that and dxm.

I only plan on reaching the 1st plateau. I have the polistirex though... Anyone have advice on reaching 1st with it?

A very big thanks to anyone who can help ?

Has anyone ever tripped while dopesick? Could DXM help heroin withdrawal?

I'm desperate. I thought of some of my past experiences with dxm and It sounded possible. The best example the comes to mind is how one day while tripping I was able to touch my toes. I could touch my toes no problem after that. I always thought a full toe touch was something one could do after
weeks of practice.

It sounds kinda silly. But then I saw a thread on here about DXM and dopesickness, but it focus was mainly on reducing tolerance, not using it to kick (maybe it was i just can't read very much without throwing up. I'm surprised I can type all of gel this out.

I'm desperate.. Its been like 7 hours since my last shot. I can get more but I need to stop. I have sub's. I gotta wait a little while for them though.

Can dxm help me?

Last edited:
Some more information (incase someone could help me with my question)...

I was prescribed fluoxetine for a while but have been off of it for 2 months (well, almost 2 months). I quit taking my propranolol 2 days ago (I read that it is completely out of the body's system after 2 days though). I still take my lamotrigine and am not sure about interactions between that and dxm.

I only plan on reaching the 1st plateau. I have the polistirex though... Anyone have advice on reaching 1st with it?

A very big thanks to anyone who can help ?

Polisterex is weird. For me delsym is at least 900mg or none, but I suppose you could always try about 300mgs and see how you feel. Maybe 240.

Something cannot be right... I took 300mgs at 5:45 then waited til 7: 10. I noticed nothing other than "pressure" in my head. I decided then to take the rest of the bottle. Its now 11:50 pm central time and I feel nothing... Never taking polistirex again. This is the first time ive taken dxm in a year btw.

Edit: Never mind the above paragraph... Ive just had the most enlightening soul cleansing of my life.

Last edited:
Something cannot be right... I took 300mgs at 5:45 then waited til 7: 10. I noticed nothing other than "pressure" in my head. I decided then to take the rest of the bottle. Its now 11:50 pm central time and I feel nothing... Never taking polistirex again. This is the first time ive taken dxm in a year btw.

Edit: Never mind the above paragraph... Ive just had the most enlightening soul cleansing of my life.

Polisterex is strange like that, lol.

That edit made me lol xD, You should make a report before the bliss wears off.! And try hbr after a couple wk. break.

I've had Polisterex literally take 3 hours to kick in before. I will say, once it kicked in though, I was set-sailing for a good 13 hours. DXM is a rather strange trip isn't it? :p Definitely some of the most fun I've ever had, although I think I'm done using it for a few months. I've literally tripped more times in the last two months than I have in the last two years, on any substance! Much fun. :)

Could anyone tell me if it is safe to take dxm with lamotrigine and propranolol.

I've tried to do a little research for you, but I can't find much on it. :\ I honestly wouldn't recommend chancing it though. I'd wait until those drugs were out of your system before deciding to take a recreational dose of DXM. Just my two cents. ^^