Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

π (Darren Aronofsky film)

Snafu in the Void

Moderator: NMI Bukowski Jr.
Staff member
I absolutely love this movie, one of my favorites of all time.

This film was made on a tiny $60,000 budget and was one of Aronofsky's first films. Also has a great Clint Mansell soundtrack!

It's brilliant, paranoia inducing and a bit of a mind fuck.

It's in black and white because the main character stared into the sun as a child.

He discovers a very mysterious number.... it's brilliant.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed this one too. Requiem for a Dream was a piss poor follow up imo.

I liked this one, too, even though it mixes concepts of actual mathematics with those from numerology (which is a pseudoscience).

id say pi requiem for a dream and the fountain are his best I'm my opinion the mother in requiem made the film she got it the worst and the fountain was sad but a incredabal film black swan was good just not somthing I'm going to rewatch any time soon

id say pi requiem for a dream and the fountain are his best I'm my opinion the mother in requiem made the film she got it the worst and the fountain was sad but a incredabal film black swan was good just not somthing I'm going to rewatch any time soon
Ditto. Pi is my favorite, the fountain is so sad but one of the most beautiful moving movies I've ever seen. I didn't care for black swan that much I actually never finished watching it - not because it was bad I just wasn't that into it.

And Requiem... Everybody needs to watch that once (and ONLY once) lol

I didn't care for black swan that much I actually never finished watching it - not because it was bad I just wasn't that into it.

I would take those movies in those statements and swap them.

Black Swan was an amazing statement of a film with so much depth and I've watched it at least five times. In contrast, I barely finished Requiem for a Dream and would likely never recommend anyone to watch it as I found it dull and preachy. The best part was Jennifer Connelly nude, which really isn't saying much.

As a poly-substance abuser I am to this day baffled by peoples' love for Requiem. It was a God awful movie imho.

Ditto. Pi is my favorite, the fountain is so sad but one of the most beautiful moving movies I've ever seen. I didn't care for black swan that much I actually never finished watching it - not because it was bad I just wasn't that into it.

true, the fountain hit close to home reminded me of my ex girlfriend if we never broke up and she didn't die I felt responsible for years, black swan was good it took me 2 viewings to watch the whole thing in one sitting very dramatic but in a good way

black swan was good it took me 2 viewings to watch the whole thing in one sitting very dramatic but in a good way
Black Swan was an amazing statement of a film with so much depth and I've watched it at least five times.
I'll give it another shot. I honestly can't remember why I didn't finish it, maybe because it starts off kinda slow. I used to have a huge crush on Natalie Portman, too.

I think Pi had more potential, it's a good bullet compared to what we get nowadays. It's similar to ''Old Boy' -- 2003 -- ', korean masterpiece.

the wrestler is a great film, and mother was weird I'd have to watch again, I'm a firm beleve in watching twice I always understand it the second time around unless it sux or not deep enough for a second view

the wrestler is a great film, and mother was weird I'd have to watch again, I'm a firm beleve in watching twice I always understand it the second time around unless it sux or not deep enough for a second view
I haven't seen these. Will definitely check them out

I haven't seen these. Will definitely check them out
I liked it the wrestler, i think micky rork might have gotten an award im not 100%, its not a mind fuck like some of his others , I won't tell u to much, I think it's best to know as less a possibal when it comes to 90% of movies, it's not what I expected but a deff a good film

13 ghost is not a typical horror tho haven seen it in years i like it then, bubba ho-tep idk scifi with Bruce Campbell directed by don coscorelly ( typo) the phantasm director and is also a good horror film that ppl that don't like typical horror might like

that was a bad discrption above bit bubba ho tep is funny i think u might like if if u ever see it around it about Elvis or elvis impersonator with early dementia or alshymers it's fun

Bro we just had. Storm and my house lost power 4 hours ago.... My night is ruined I'm sitting in my car to charge my phone... Might sound strange but I terrified of falling asleep with complete darkness and no background noise

Watches horror movies f or fun but afraid of the dark.

Hmmmmm....
Bro we just had. Storm and my house lost power 4 hours ago.... My night is ruined I'm sitting in my car to charge my phone... Might sound strange but I terrified of falling asleep with complete darkness and no background noise
that sucks man I hate that when I'm trying to sleep other wise I like thunder , I watched 13 ghost Las night it's a smart horror not much gore u might like it, it aged well,