• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting heroin twice a week?

Reading this thread scares the crap out of me. Because EVERY SINGLE PERSON thinks THEY are going to be the one that can stick to the rules/schedule they put in place. And most people who think that, don?t. More than most, I?d say almost all the people that think they can stick to a schedule end up addicted if they don?t stop all together.

This is true. Addiction is a disease and not something you can just exert willpower over. The first times a person uses something as habit forming as heroin, they are likely in control, and further usage is something they choose. However, once you become addicted, your brain is now rewired to the substance, and you cannot just will your way out of all of addiction or the success rates wouldn't be so low.

I have used all of the common drugs, and some more esoteric ones, and to most of these drugs, I did not develop dependence or addiction. Opiates are special to me, and I fell in love the first time I got high. There is no high without an equal low. Remember you can't get something for nothing. There is a cost to being high.

I would personally recommend you find another source of enjoyment in life. Heroin will not solve any problems for you, but it will rule your life and reduce you to nothing. Take it from the people that got there. Once you are addicted, say goodbye to regular life. :(

No one wants to tell you they told you so, bro...we are here to help people.

I think it has a lot to do with the type of person who chooses to do hard drugs in the first place. We are novelty seeking and don't like to listen to anyone but ourselves, if we did we wouldn't ever consider it, we would have been scared away by the shit ton of propaganda out there. And then on top of that, the type of person who wants to be high a majority of their waking hours, or at least feels content with being so if not wants, its a form of self-medication or in the least stimulation that we aren't getting elsewhere...could be medicating depression or anxiety or at least filling some void, a void we mostly feel as boredom, not enough friends, not enough social interaction, not enough hobbies or mental pursuits to fill our time. Check out the Rat Park studies to get a better idea of what I am talking about here, but to appreciate any of this you've got to understand the difference between addiction and dependence, generally addiction proceeds dependence. There are also studies which show evidence that drugs feel subjectively better to those who are living lives less filled with pleasure and recreation, when your life kinda sucks in general or you aren't happy living it then gap between high and sober increases. And you may be thinking this may not apply to you, or can't apply to a large enough slice of the junkie pie to be relevant, but if you life was so filled with fun, stimulating activities in the first place you wouldn't feel the need to take drugs regularly, or come up with a dosing plan. You'd be too busy going to concerts, hanging out with friends, playing sports, reading interesting books, riding jet skis, going on trips, etc. etc.

100% agree. Well written! Cheers! ^_^

That?s so true. I?m not too happy in my life, distant from my family and had a breakup a while ago but I can?t ever fully get over it. All in all, drugs are my #1 source of happiness. It?s what I?ve been living for for around 2 years. Sure I get things I need to get done done, but my mind is just looking forward to getting high. It?s what I?ve bonded with, and it?s a terrible life I wish I could be normal I wish I could have a much better and safer source of happiness. But I don?t, and I?m not ready to stop it yet unfortunately

Until you are ready to change your life in the direction of getting off of drugs, you won't get any better. You have to commit to being sober. It will involve you probably having to change many aspects of your life, including your friends and how to spend your time and avoid boredom in healthy ways. I know you aren't ready, but as you may know, getting clean isn't at all easy or fun; however, it is the right way to go if you want to have actual, long lasting, happiness. You are getting high at the moment, but you know that you aren't actually happy.

I wish you luck and I hope that it doesn't take too long for you to realize your addiction is unsustainable and WILL ruin your life. :/

Last edited:
On the bright side, there’s 1-2 days worth left and I’m not gonna be getting it easily anytime soon. Only reason I got it was cause it was $6, who would turn that down??

"Come and get your cheap death in a powder!" "Step right up folks...how can you turn down this incredible deal of death, addiction, financial and social ruin?"

As far as it being really hard for you to get...once you are addicted or even on the verge, you will do anything you need to to get what you need (dope). So don't expect that to play any role except being a pain in your ass and another reason to run the other fucking direction! Only God knows how many people are reading this post and cringing, while wishing they knew what they know now, back when they were fucking around with opioids for the first times. Be smart bro...get away from heroin! Smoke weed!

Last edited:
Okay thanks for the reply. I was just curious. I also loved the itch. Ya not the puking tho. So eventually did the itch ever go away for you as time went on? Or did it just depend on what type of opiate you took? Cause I'm not sure if it just went away for me or if it went away because I was getting different heroin than I had in the beginning.

In my experience, some H is just itchier than other H. Aside from that variation, itching never vanished for me. But as my tolerance grew, the amount I needed to get a good itch going was roughly proportional to how much I needed to get high.

You've got quite a chorus of folks on this thread encouraging you to walk away from dope. I'll join them and simply say that I really hope you can find another way to feel ok. Man, heroin is a major fucking bummer. It will turn on you; it will get out from under you. And the horribleness of heroin addiction is difficult to understand until you've lived with it for a while.

But if you're like me (and every other junkie I know), no amount of warning or advice is likely to change what you feel like you've got to do. So please at least keep in mind two things:
1. Be smart about using...try to keep your dose/tolerance down; try to skip days whenever you can; avoid injecting your dope.
2. It's never too late to stop. Quitting an opioid addiction is brutal. But plenty of people do it, and you can too. If you find yourself ready or even just interested in quitting or cutting back, come visit us at the Sober Living forum!

I have ran out so I cannot do it.. thinking about it all day I couldn’t sleep last night. I have a headache and my stomach hurts like a bitch. It’s like my body knows that the H will stop the pain.. span of a week did it 11 times (multiple times on some days). I woke up at 2 AM craving REALLY hard. I got up and started scraping whatever was left, there of course was barely anything, tiny bump if anything and I didn’t feel shit cause tolerance is so high. I spoke to some other users who purchased this product, they also highly suspect it being a fentanyl mixture since it’s so potent and doesn’t last very long. Could that make the withdrawal worse? Is fentanyl withdrawal worse and comes on quicker than heroin? A friend of mine lend me a few tramodols, I took one and it sort of helped I guess, mainly with my mood and stomach ache, headache still there and still strong. Gonna take half of one at night to help me sleep, they’re 37.5 mg. This is day 2 since I’ve been absent from it (last night doesn’t really count there was barely anything there). Is this gonna get worse??

@mr_ketchup, yes, expect it to get worse. China white is almost always fentanyl with a cut as pure fent is potent in the microgram range and would be far to easy to miscalculate a dose. Above you claim someone told you that what you have is "synthetic heroin." Besides being a misnomer as heroin is, itself, a semi-synthetic produced from morphine. It sound more like fentanyl as fentanyl is a totally synthetic substance. Most people don't know their agonists from placebo anyway, so always take medical information you find on the internet, with a grain of salt. (ironic? lol)

Ideally you will find out that there is no way you will be able to continue using, as even rock stars blow through all their money using heroin. As far as the tolerance goes, heroin and/or fent will cause tolerance over a very short time frame. However, the adjustment back to intolerant is also quick. People who are clean for even a week and then use their normal amount of dope can easily die from respiratory deprivation. The antidote to your addiction is "engagement." Become actively engaged in your life. View happiness as a side-effect from other activities and you will find it. If you make happiness the goal, you will have an incredibly difficult time in finding it.

Last edited:
Seems like this issue sorted itself out. But in case someone finds this thread later, thought I'd add...

I had rules regarding heroin back when I first started using. I was only allowed to use once every 14 days--no more. I followed that regimen for several months, thinking I had shit all figured out. Then one day I realized that I'd been sitting at my desk for an hour calculating how many days, hours, minutes until the next time I could use. At that point I had no physical dependency, no tolerance. But psychologically, things had gotten out from under me.

The problem with these kinds of rules (aside from the difficulty in following them) is that they usually rely on an assumption that avoiding physical symptoms is the key, while assuming we can just will the psychological aspects of addiction not to become a problem. In practice, though, the mental part of heroin addiction has been way harder to deal with than the physical part.

It's now about 8 years since I started using. During that time I've detoxed many, many times (i.e. pushed through the physical issues). And I'm now ~3months clean. But I still think about dope every day. I still miss the hell out of it. I don't want to say that dope's physical addiction is no big deal, but it's definitely the case that people underestimate the strength of heroin addiction's mind-fuckery.
Ime people also tend to under estimate how much it fucks with your mind when your high on it it can make you souless and an evil bastard I dunno if it's due to them taking to much than they can handle or after taking it for so long something in the brain switches or both either way I would never take this drug if you paid me.

I don’t think it makes the person evil... the only person a heroin user becomes evil to is themselves. It becomes the number 1 thing your in mind, when you wake up you think about heroin, when you go to bed you think about heroin, you dream about it and talk about it a lot too, least I did. I was big into morphine and oxy last summer but they weren’t much compared to heroin.. again, this could have been fentanyl mixture (likely was) so it’s expected for it to be much stronger. In terms of addiction to any drug, the addict is the one losing the most and they’re being evil to themselves the most

Seems like this issue sorted itself out. But in case someone finds this thread later, thought I'd add...

I had rules regarding heroin back when I first started using. I was only allowed to use once every 14 days--no more. I followed that regimen for several months, thinking I had shit all figured out. Then one day I realized that I'd been sitting at my desk for an hour calculating how many days, hours, minutes until the next time I could use. At that point I had no physical dependency, no tolerance. But psychologically, things had gotten out from under me.

The problem with these kinds of rules (aside from the difficulty in following them) is that they usually rely on an assumption that avoiding physical symptoms is the key, while assuming we can just will the psychological aspects of addiction not to become a problem. In practice, though, the mental part of heroin addiction has been way harder to deal with than the physical part.

It's now about 8 years since I started using. During that time I've detoxed many, many times (i.e. pushed through the physical issues). And I'm now ~3months clean. But I still think about dope every day. I still miss the hell out of it. I don't want to say that dope's physical addiction is no big deal, but it's definitely the case that people underestimate the strength of heroin addiction's mind-fuckery.
Ime people also tend to under estimate how much it fucks with your mind when your high on it it can make you souless and an evil bastard I dunno if it's due to them taking to much than they can handle or after taking it for so long something in the brain switches or both either way I would never take this drug if you paid me.

@Banging#4 It is getting kinda worse yeah... sweaty palms and even shittier mood now, along with headache and nausea still. I’m visiting some family at the moment so it’s helping with my mood a good bit. I want to quit all drugs, not just heroin (meth is another big one), but I don’t at the same time.. I have nothing to replace them with yet. Around a year ago my girlfriend had left me since I was getting big into drug use, that was around the time I had gotten addicted to Xanax. A part me of wants to stop other part wants me to continue. A good amount of my friends are drug users, but they mainly smoke pot and drop acid here and there, none of them are into opiates or meth, in fact they’re highly against me doing them lol. Part of me feels like I’m not ready to stop.. hard to explain

It?s not as bad as before now. I was taking Tylenol 3s, Tramadol, and tried tiny dose (like 80-100 mg) of DXM to taper off and it worked sort of I guess. DXM helped more than I thought lol I used it a lot like 6 months ago then I didn?t touch it for a little over 2 months. Although it got worse than I thought.. I?m really doubting it was heroin tbh spoke to buyer and she said she tested it and it was fentanyl (not 100% purity obviously). That really explains how I had to take lines 1.5 inches in length and width of a pube to enter heaven, plus it didn?t last very long. On last few days I had to redose A LOT to keep the high going throughout the day. As for withdrawal, worse was a strong headache and nausea, pain on the surface of my skin NOT a deep pain surface pain if that makes sense, and constipation at first and then diarrhea a few days later... at this point it?s mainly mental pain tbh. I still think about it and it made me feel pretty down... I?m glad it?s ?hard? ish for me to get or else I would have 100% gotten more. Man I really should have listened to you guys

Quit bumping this thread with your self-indulgent "woe is me" BS when you ignored all the advice given to you. Go make a different thread if you want to vent about your problems. Sounds like you really need someone to talk to more than anything.

Why you being so rude ? A lot of people use their thread as a journal .

It?s not as bad as before now. I was taking Tylenol 3s, Tramadol, and tried tiny dose (like 80-100 mg) of DXM to taper off and it worked sort of I guess. DXM helped more than I thought lol I used it a lot like 6 months ago then I didn?t touch it for a little over 2 months. Although it got worse than I thought.. I?m really doubting it was heroin tbh spoke to buyer and she said she tested it and it was fentanyl (not 100% purity obviously). That really explains how I had to take lines 1.5 inches in length and width of a pube to enter heaven, plus it didn?t last very long. On last few days I had to redose A LOT to keep the high going throughout the day. As for withdrawal, worse was a strong headache and nausea, pain on the surface of my skin NOT a deep pain surface pain if that makes sense, and constipation at first and then diarrhea a few days later... at this point it?s mainly mental pain tbh. I still think about it and it made me feel pretty down... I?m glad it?s ?hard? ish for me to get or else I would have 100% gotten more. Man I really should have listened to you guys

Hey mr_ketcup, withdrawals suck huh? Something to keep in mind: withdrawals tend to get more and more severe each time you go through them. Based on your description, the withdrawals you experienced probably sucked but they don't sound as severe as they can get. Just realise they can and will mostly get worse if you keep using.

Yeah I can imagine it being a lot worse if I go back into it.. for the most part it’s non existent at this point (been 9-10 days I think). There are times where I start planning out to make another order for it.. although usually the common sense part of my brain kicks in and says that’s a fucking terrible idea lol. If I had gotten it off the street it would have probably been MUCH worse. I’m gonna just gonna stick to drugs I know I can control rofl (weed, LSD, MDMA, amphetamines)

As for why do I keep “bumping” the thread, I add more info because in case someone who is wanting to do exactly what I was gonna do, they can read this and get more info and knowledge about it. It’s to save some time for someone else, not to “talk to someone” lol