• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting heroin twice a week?

Glad you decided to toss it. Just make sure you flush that shit cause come the day before trash day and you might be digging through garbage. Haha no joke. -Blue

Thank you all for the very kind and supportive replies! I already have problems with meth... I don’t want heroin to be added to the mix. Although with meth there ARE SOME “BENEFITS”. I am a student and I’ve had 30+ hour study sessions on the drug which has actually helped in school. Plus I am a Rust player and grinding on that game is pretty fucking fun lol. Meth I have SOMEWHAT been able to control, NOT while dosing I always binge it when I dose. Regardless, thank you all for the help I appreciate it! Wish I could handle it... it’s so beautiful and pleasant lol

Also i don't want you to feel like we are just ready to see you get hooked. We just want you to be able to see how this could will unfold for you.

Fixed.

What makes you think you have that willpower? That isn’t me being a dick asking a rhetorical question. It’s a legitimate question. What is it that you think makes you different or more head strong than the millions(?) of people who thought they could handle it but then in the end could not?

I think it has a lot to do with the type of person who chooses to do hard drugs in the first place. We are novelty seeking and don't like to listen to anyone but ourselves, if we did we wouldn't ever consider it, we would have been scared away by the shit ton of propaganda out there. And then on top of that, the type of person who wants to be high a majority of their waking hours, or at least feels content with being so if not wants, its a form of self-medication or in the least stimulation that we aren't getting elsewhere...could be medicating depression or anxiety or at least filling some void, a void we mostly feel as boredom, not enough friends, not enough social interaction, not enough hobbies or mental pursuits to fill our time. Check out the Rat Park studies to get a better idea of what I am talking about here, but to appreciate any of this you've got to understand the difference between addiction and dependence, generally addiction proceeds dependence. There are also studies which show evidence that drugs feel subjectively better to those who are living lives less filled with pleasure and recreation, when your life kinda sucks in general or you aren't happy living it then gap between high and sober increases. And you may be thinking this may not apply to you, or can't apply to a large enough slice of the junkie pie to be relevant, but if you life was so filled with fun, stimulating activities in the first place you wouldn't feel the need to take drugs regularly, or come up with a dosing plan. You'd be too busy going to concerts, hanging out with friends, playing sports, reading interesting books, riding jet skis, going on trips, etc. etc.

So if you fell in the first category, but not the second, you'd try a drug a few times at most and move on, or reserve it for special occasions or to enhance certain activites(not where the drug is the activity) or just when offered to you.

Last edited:
That’s so true. I’m not too happy in my life, distant from my family and had a breakup a while ago but I can’t ever fully get over it. All in all, drugs are my #1 source of happiness. It’s what I’ve been living for for around 2 years. Sure I get things I need to get done done, but my mind is just looking forward to getting high. It’s what I’ve bonded with, and it’s a terrible life I wish I could be normal I wish I could have a much better and safer source of happiness. But I don’t, and I’m not ready to stop it yet unfortunately

Seems like this issue sorted itself out. But in case someone finds this thread later, thought I'd add...

I had rules regarding heroin back when I first started using. I was only allowed to use once every 14 days--no more. I followed that regimen for several months, thinking I had shit all figured out. Then one day I realized that I'd been sitting at my desk for an hour calculating how many days, hours, minutes until the next time I could use. At that point I had no physical dependency, no tolerance. But psychologically, things had gotten out from under me.

The problem with these kinds of rules (aside from the difficulty in following them) is that they usually rely on an assumption that avoiding physical symptoms is the key, while assuming we can just will the psychological aspects of addiction not to become a problem. In practice, though, the mental part of heroin addiction has been way harder to deal with than the physical part.

It's now about 8 years since I started using. During that time I've detoxed many, many times (i.e. pushed through the physical issues). And I'm now ~3months clean. But I still think about dope every day. I still miss the hell out of it. I don't want to say that dope's physical addiction is no big deal, but it's definitely the case that people underestimate the strength of heroin addiction's mind-fuckery.

I ended up reading around a bit and saw the “2 day rule”. 2 days on, 2 days off, repeat. That seems a lot more risky so I’ll likely stick to twice per week. I’m also wondering, how would tolerance be affected with such frequency? Does tolerance only sky rocket if I do it everyday or does twice a week or even 2 day rule increase tolerance at all? Thanks

I think 2 on 2 off would result in physical addiction.

I can only do 1 dose every 3 or 4 days...even then I get slightly addicted (can sleep...feel like I drank coffee all the time etc)

But I have been severley dependent in the past so they say it's easier for my brain to become dependent again for that reason

Hi, I have recently acquired some VERY potent heroin, taking 5 mg gets me VERY high via snorting (I have no tolerance to opiates). Now, let?s say I were to snort H every Friday and Saturday, how would that turn out in terms of physical withdrawals? When it comes to snorting it, how long until physical withdrawals occur? I?m gonna assume I.V withdrawals settle in a lot sooner so I will only stick to snorting. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks

I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if I repeat any information.

First I wanted to answer your question: Short answer is YES - getting high on heroin twice a week WILL eventually give you withdrawals. I know this from personal experience. Prior to becoming addicted, for YEARS I would occasionally binge on heroin. It was a LONG time though before using on the weekends or w/e led to withdrawals.

I found it kind of like this: initially using once or twice a week, for however long, to begin with, you just feel great; even the day after using, you still feel nice and warm and fuzzy. Then, after a couple months of steadily using twice a week, a couple things happen A ) Your tolerance becomes crazy and you'll need to significantly increase your dose, just to feel it (no matter how good your gear is). Then B ) You start feeling kinda crappy the day after using, not exactly withdrawals, but more like a 'come down' - in the sense that you no-longer still feel 'nice' the next day, instead you start feeling down and shitty, maybe even a bit nauseous; like a hang-over. Finally C ) You will start getting withdrawals, again - nothing crazy. But lets say you used every Fri and Sun, well - you'll start feeling tired and crappy from Mon-Thur, even Sat you'll feel shitty, but Mon-Tues you'll start feeling like you have a runny nose, if you'd been constipated you'll suddenly have diarhea instead, that kind of thing. Nothing so intense that you cannot go to work or anything like that, but you'll definitely start feeling like shit when ever you're not on H.

And at that point, you'll become a prime-candidate for full-time addiction. No one who uses frequently enough to suffer WD symptoms is immune from become addicted. If you're discipline is bad enough to reach that point, you're in a super dangerous place and you should try your hardest and with everything you've got to run the fuck away. I can't even possibly stress that to you enough. Consider that you can "chip away" at heroin for years, with week-long binges every few months and literally NEVER feel withdrawals, or even a come-down for that matter (although YMMV oc). So if you end up feeling shitty from using, then starting to feel background WDs so you're always a bit tired, cranky, etc when you're not using. Then you're probably fucked.

Then other thing I want to say is about the quality of your gear

While I obviously have no fucking idea about what you have. Please understand this - in most places in the world, typical quality "street deals", especially if you've paid the regular amount of money for your area and the amount you bought, you would NEVER feel 5mg snorted, not even without a tolerance. I once saw a small (40KG - 88lb) girl snort about 15mg of pretty 'decent' gear (50mg was enough to get me completely trashed/wasted via IV when I had a fairly low tolerance).

On the other hand, I regularly buy stuff that's sold as "pure" but I'm certain is just H mixed with something potent like fent, where I've seen addicts who IV 500mg H at a time, over-dose from injecting LESS THAN 50mg of this stuff.

Likewise, I've seen people smoke up a single inhalation worth (say 5mg, like you have) and getting really stoned from it (with a low tolerance).

So I think if you're snorting 5mg and getting stoned, there's at least a chance you're taking a fent mixture or something similarly dangerous (or more dangerous, like carfentenyl).

Anyway - I guess in that regard A ) Don't assume what you have is H unless you've literally seen a test result. Nothing else should EVER convince you of that information, seriously - not even your own mother assuring you on all your siblings lives should convince you without a test result, OK. So B ) ask around and try and find out what people *think* it might be and use that as a 'guide'. If people warn you that it's probably something stronger than H; then take it seriously. As a lot of that shit is barely active snorted, so if snorting 5mg gets you pinned, smoking or injecting the same amount might get you a ride in an ambulance.

I think 2 on 2 off would result in physical addiction.

100% definitely it will. It may (will) take some time. But it will absolutely result in proper, real-deal physical addiction.

The first time I ever got proper physical withdrawals from heroin, I was only using every weekend. Sometimes just one day on the weekend, other times the whole weekend (depending on funds/availability usually) - but always, every weekend, then abstain/work during the week. It ended up getting really difficult, where I just felt like total arse from Monday to Friday every week, similar to using a pile of MethAmphetamine every weekend lol. Then eventually feeling shitty/tired all the time led to RLS, Night-Sweats, Diarrhea, Fever, etc (i.e: proper withdrawals) and ultimately it affected me enough that I started using on the weekdays too, otherwise I wouldn't have been capable of getting to work (or doing any work, for that matter)

@mostly-human - Wow I’ve actually considered how 5 mg is so strong... considering how when I read average doses being around 50-100 mg. I obtained this from online sources, and the vendor was quite reputable and I had seen some reviews of people being shocked and discussing the same thing. The vendor claims it’s “synthetic heroin”... while in reviews there are many saying there may be small amounts of fentanyl within the product, which would make sense. As for throwing it out, I could only wish I’m that strong to do that I’ve been doing that shit everyday for the past week. Good news is it was a sample, I got 100 mg and it is NOT easy for me to obtain it. I have already told my mate to IMMEDIATELY destroy any mail from that location containing that (he was against me trying heroin in the first place). As for 5 mg at first, fuck yes it worked at first but not anymore rofl. I have to take triple the amount to feel it.. I’m curious on how it went up so fast. Does a week straight increase it by that much? On the bright side, there’s 1-2 days worth left and I’m not gonna be getting it easily anytime soon. Only reason I got it was cause it was $6, who would turn that down?? :\ Anyhow, am I to expect any withdrawals after this somewhat binge? I did feel a little off today.. felt off in terms of mood and even some slight nausea. Was thinking it’s probably just a placebo

Ok so I did some research. It’s apparently called “China White” and China white is known as a powerful kind of heroin. Of course, just cause it’s known as that doesn’t mean it 100% is lol. But that could explain it, I can’t really tell the difference since it’s my first time. All I can say it feels really fucking good although as I said I have to take A LOT more now.. I may take a break until next week. I’m gonna be visiting some family this weekend anyway I won’t be able to use, and until then I’ll hold it off (again there’s 1-2 days remaining by the looks of it, definitely 1 with my current tolerance). What I’m wondering is can tolerance go that high within a such a short time period (did it everyday for almost a week), and can “China white” (let’s pretend the real stuff I’m referring to) get someone with no opiate tolerance high off 5 mg first time? If it can’t, then is it safe to say there may be a small amount of fentanyl in this mix?Thanks!
UPDATE: Forgot to mention duration. This stuff keeps me “peaked” for about 1.5-2 hours I’d say. After that I still have a VERY euphoric high and feeling, just not the peak. That afterglow high lasts a decently
long time, Idk for sure since I always went to sleep but I’d be feeling it for at least 2 hours, it could go for longer

Last edited:
Hey this is a completely unrelated question and was thinking of posting a thread on it or seeing if there are any threads already made about it. But since you're so early into using heroin (and I still think you should have tossed it days ago but I knew it wouldn't be that easy and in fact I'm willing to bet at this point you'll find a way to get more - sorry for being such a pessimist lol) I was wondering do you get really itchy whenever you use and do you ever throw up? Because I remember when I first started, I would get extremely itchy in a sort of great way but sometimes it's be a little much, and when I would do too much because it was really easy for me to do too much cause my tolerance was so damn low and I started with using a needle right away, I would get kinda nausous and sweaty and I would throw up. And then I'd feel great and still itchy and nod off. Do you experience any of this or was it just me? I'm clean, well on Suboxone working on getting clean now but after the first maybe 6 months to a year of using, maybe even sooner, I never really got itchy again and I certainly never threw up from it again. And of course the euphoric high was never the same. This happen to you or anyone else here?

^^
Sure, bluerobot...itching and nausea are classic opioid side effects. Some opioids tend to be more itchy and/or more pukey than others, and your mileage will vary. But these are both very common.

Personally, I always *loved* a good heroin itch. The puking, not so much.

Awww man thought you were gonna toss it. Yeah after a week binge you will prob feel a little sick , lethargic, have trouble sleeping .

That’s a rip :/ When will these feelings begin to set in? 2 days after my last dose (so tomorrow)? As for the question about puking and/or itching, I’ve never puked on it no but I did get a SLIGHT itchy feeling, especially on day 3 or 4. It actually wasn’t that bad though, was pretty euphoric scratching my back and chest lol. But no no puking, not even any nausea, was all heaven. As for withdrawal, I’ve noticed I’m feeling more down and depressed... again not sure if placebo or withdrawal. Guess I’ll find out within next day or two!

^^
Sure, bluerobot...itching and nausea are classic opioid side effects. Some opioids tend to be more itchy and/or more pukey than others, and your mileage will vary. But these are both very common.

Personally, I always *loved* a good heroin itch. The puking, not so much.

Okay thanks for the reply. I was just curious. I also loved the itch. Ya not the puking tho. So eventually did the itch ever go away for you as time went on? Or did it just depend on what type of opiate you took? Cause I'm not sure if it just went away for me or if it went away because I was getting different heroin than I had in the beginning.

China white used to be pure heroin but now people call fentanyl China white too. It’s almost definitely fentanyl if 5mg got you high and if the high lasted such a short time. Man I got so happy when I read you were throwing it out then so bummed out when I just now read that you had not, and that you have been using daily. So upset that I even texted my boyfriend to tell him I was upset because someone online didn’t toss their dope, before I even finished reading the post.
If you were not strong enough to throw it out, and said, “$6, how could I turn it down?” Then I’m sorry but you are not going to be strong enough to not buy it again. ESPECIALLY you didn’t even know how it felt and you couldn’t turn it down. Now you know that you love how it feels. You haven’t been able to stick to any of the things you said. And I’m not shitting on you, that’s just addiction.
youll only use on the weekend
youll only use 2 days on 2 days off
youll throw it away
you need to put up like barriers or obstacles to make it harder to get the shit. Having your friend throw out Mail is a good start. But that doesn’t mean you’re not going to be rushing to try to get to the mailbox to get it before he can. Do things to make it harder for you to obtain it. Like i don’t know if you use your credit /debit to buy it. Probably not but if so, don’t carry your card around with you. Or bitcoin, PayPal, I don’t know how all that works but maybe cancel/delete the account that you put money on?
If you actually plan to stop, you have to not even have it available to you because if you already know that if its available, you’re going to get it and do it. And if it’s out there but not “easily obtainable” well drug addicts have gone to some great lengths to get their fix.
“It’s too hard to get my dope today”, said no junkie ever, lol.
You need to do something about this now and stop making excuses to use because as hard as it right now to stop, right now is going to be the EASIEST time to stop. It will only get harder for you from here on out and if you continue down this path I will 100% guarantee you’ll be looking back wishing you made the decision to stop now.

After reading most of this thread, I just thought I'd share one thing that came to mind. Being psychologically addicted may or may not be present but I've read that the regular use of narcotics/opiates actually changes the user's brain chemistry. This may very well account for what was thought to be psychological. Anyway, just a thought.

China white used to be pure heroin but now people call fentanyl China white too. It’s almost definitely fentanyl if 5mg got you high and if the high lasted such a short time.

Correct me if I'm wrong cause I haven't ever done fent or know all that much about it but doesn't fent last way longer than most other opiates. I'm just curious. That's what I've heard at least. Or is it just the WD that lasts so long?

If you were not enough to throw it out, and said, “$6, how could I turn it down?” Then I’m sorry but you are not going to be strong enough to not buy it again. ESPECIALLY you didn’t even know how it felt and you couldn’t turn it down. Now you know that you love how it feels. You haven’t been able to stick to any of the things you said. And I’m not shitting on you, that’s just addiction.
youll throw it away

Ya, sadly I agree, I don't at all see this ending well. I hope we're wrong. Mr. Ketchup at this point you will probably go through very very mild WD but most of it will just be psychological. If I were you, I would quit immediately. You'll probably go through 2-3 days of very mild WD but I think most of it will be the worst at night. You probably won't get much sleep and you'll feel very anxious and irritated (at least that's how it was for me in the beginning. I'd do a 5day binge and then feel extremely anxious and irritated at night mostly. I had no idea what was even happening to me at the time until I realized that I was going through WD. That's how niave I was about heroin and opiates at the time. I didn't even really know that opiates gave you a WD. I thought it was all psychological lol) but as long as you try to keep busy during the day you should be able to get through it. Just please take our advise and quit while you still can. It's all up to you but we're all here to support you either way:)

And if it’s out there but not “easily obtainable” well drug addicts have gone to some great lengths to get their fix.

Hahaha this made me laugh so hard. It's funny but soooo true lol

China white used to be pure heroin but now people call fentanyl China white too. It’s almost definitely fentanyl if 5mg got you high and if the high lasted such a short time. Man I got so happy when I read you were throwing it out then so bummed out when I just now read that you had not, and that you have been using daily. So upset that I even texted my boyfriend to tell him I was upset because someone online didn’t toss their dope, before I even finished reading the post.
If you were not strong enough to throw it out, and said, “$6, how could I turn it down?” Then I’m sorry but you are not going to be strong enough to not buy it again. ESPECIALLY you didn’t even know how it felt and you couldn’t turn it down. Now you know that you love how it feels. You haven’t been able to stick to any of the things you said. And I’m not shitting on you, that’s just addiction.
youll throw it away
you need to put up like barriers or obstacles to make it harder to get the shit. Having your friend throw out Mail is a good start. But that doesn’t mean you’re not going to be rushing to try to get to the mailbox to get it before he can. Do things to make it harder for you to obtain it. Like i don’t know if you use your credit /debit to buy it. Probably not but if so, don’t carry your card around with you. Or bitcoin, PayPal, I don’t know how all that works but maybe cancel/delete the account that you put money on?
If you actually plan to stop, you have to not even have it available to you because if you already know that if its available, you’re going to get it and do it. And if it’s out there but not “easily obtainable” well drug addicts have gone to some great lengths to get their fix.
You need to do something about this now and stop making excuses to use because as hard as it right now to stop, right now is going to be the EASIEST time to stop. It will only get harder for you from here on out and if you continue down this path I will 100% guarantee you’ll be looking back wishing you made the decision to stop now.

^ Mr. Ketchup, everything I want to say is in this post here. I think a lot of us started out with the idea of a safe limit so we wouldn't get addicted. It doesn't take long before we find reasons to break our own rules. I'm with Simco and would sit there and count down the hours/minutes until it was that time to use again. That feeling of I just really am looking forward to that moment when I can use so I can escape from whatever was bothering me. Even when things were good, everything seems better when you're high and it's that mindset that got me in trouble. Do what you can not to pick up again.