• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting heroin twice a week?

mr_ketchup

Greenlighter
Hi, I have recently acquired some VERY potent heroin, taking 5 mg gets me VERY high via snorting (I have no tolerance to opiates). Now, let?s say I were to snort H every Friday and Saturday, how would that turn out in terms of physical withdrawals? When it comes to snorting it, how long until physical withdrawals occur? I?m gonna assume I.V withdrawals settle in a lot sooner so I will only stick to snorting. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks

I think you don't have to worry too much about withdrawals. Maybe a shitty next-day crash, but not withdrawals-- IF YOU LIMIT YOURSELF.

What fucks people over is that it takes so much self control not to want to chase that high all the time. I think if you restricted your use to VERY casually, and spaced out (once or twice a week at most) you will be okay in not having to worry about having a physical dependency. I tend to find that people only really have withdrawals when they are using more consistently.
As for the needle, just stay away. Not only will it hook you FAST, but it will really squander any other experience you are looking to have that isn't shooting.

Heroin is a slippery slope, along with any other opiate. Good luc

Hi, I have recently acquired some VERY potent heroin, taking 5 mg gets me VERY high via snorting (I have no tolerance to opiates). Now, let?s say I were to snort H every Friday and Saturday, how would that turn out in terms of physical withdrawals? When it comes to snorting it, how long until physical withdrawals occur? I?m gonna assume I.V withdrawals settle in a lot sooner so I will only stick to snorting. Any help would greatly be appreciated, thanks

If you stick to that schedule you shouldn't have to endure any physical withdrawals, but that's a pretty big if. Many great people have attempted and failed such moderation. Not saying you can't do It, just remember almost every junkie out there went into heroin with a plan such as yours.

I ended up reading around a bit and saw the “2 day rule”. 2 days on, 2 days off, repeat. That seems a lot more risky so I’ll likely stick to twice per week. I’m also wondering, how would tolerance be affected with such frequency? Does tolerance only sky rocket if I do it everyday or does twice a week or even 2 day rule increase tolerance at all? Thanks

If you're only snorting it every saturday, I really doubt you would get any withdrawals at all. If you were shooting it, that's a different story. My only advice is not do it at all.

Do you think tolerance will become a concern with such frequency? Or even with 2 days off, 2 days on?

2 days off, 2 days on is a recipe for disaster. This is why I just don't believe heroin can be used moderately.

Yeah it seems people always start out this way saying I'll only do it 2 days a week. That's how I was with my oxy now I'm dependent. Sucks.

I see, well I will see how far I can go, I don’t have a lot of access to it on the bright side. I’ll go 2 days a week or something, you can say I told you so if I get hooked lol

Tolerance will become an issue with any regular dosing schedule, two days on two days off means you using heroin for 50% of the days in a year. That is a frequency guaranteed to cause a tolerance increase. I use to take hydrocodone at a frequency of a 2-4 times every two weeks and only one dose a day, even with that setup my tolerance increased.

Doing heroin at all already jacks your risk factor for not only addiction but OD way the hell up. Opiates are sneaky, i thought i had my use under control, i would only dose once a day and never for more than 3-4 days. Then i broke the once a day rule, then the spaced out days rule and one day i stop taking them for couple days and get my first taste of withdrawals.

If you want any chance at keeping this schedule up you have to have the will of a god. For one you can't ever break your initial rules, absolutely no exceptions. Two when you start to get a tolerance stop, take a nice few months off at least, then if you still feel inclined, go back to it. Once you start the tolerance train rolling it's over, either you've had your fun and you stop or you chase until the train runs outa track.

All of this sounded like bullshit to me when i first started, it's a lesson that has to be learned from experience. Unfortunately the only way to get that experience is to become addicted and once that happens you can't go back and reapply those lessons.

Last edited:
Also i don't want you to feel like we are just ready to see you get hooked. We just want you to be able to see how this could unfold for you. I'm not judging you and the last thing i want is to say "i told you so."

If you can do heroin only occasionally for 20 years and have no repercussions then that's great. We just want you to know that a long term relationship with heroin is not easy to keep under control and ends very poorly for a lot of people.

I hope whatever you choose leads to the best outcome possible.

Thanks I appreciate the advice(s). I do totally agree with how it fails for most. This is EXACTLY how my Xanax addiction began. I did it once a week, but it slowly became more and more frequent. Until I stopped taking it and went to the centre of hell. I managed to pull through that thankfully and since then I haven’t touched the drug and don’t plan on doing so. I’m aware this is essentially like playing with fire. I currently have 100 mg of it, and it takes around 5-8 mg to get me high. I may go through this with that schedule, see if I can stick to it. As I said before, this stuff isn’t very easily accessible for me, process is hard so that’s a good thing. Following that schedule, this amount should last 2 months and even if I make it 2 days on 2 days off then it should last around a month slightly more. If I stick to that then I may get more and see how it goes but if I break it with this first batch then I’ll more than likely break it with next batch. Thanks again!

Forgot to ask, would tolerance become an issue with twice a week or even 2 days on 2 days off? Those 2-5 days off I wouldn’t consume any opiate, likely just pot or amphetamines depending on my week lol

I think you should take at least a week in-between uses, or as long as you can. Like i mentioned i use to use opiates very infrequently, less frequent then you plan to, and i still amassed a tolerance.

Tolerance will be an issue you will face and when you feel yourself needing more you should stop. That's really the only way this would work.

Good luck, i hope everything works out for you.

Reading this thread scares the crap out of me. Because EVERY SINGLE PERSON thinks THEY are going to be the one that can stick to the rules/schedule they put in place. And most people who think that, don’t. More than most, I’d say almost all the people that think they can stick to a schedule end up addicted if they don’t stop all together.

I don’t want to discourage you. It just makes me sad. I didn’t listen when people said don’t do heroin. I thought I had enough willpower to not become addicted. ANYONE ELSE TOO?
What makes you think you have that willpower? That isn’t me being a dick asking a rhetorical question. It’s a legitimate question. What is it that you think makes you different or more head strong than the millions(?) of people who thought they could handle it but then in the end could not?

There are two things that stand out to me that make me think you need to be ALOT more careful. One is the fact that you have had this exact problem with Xanax before. That’s evidence of you not having the self control to stick to a dosing schedule. (No shade, I don’t have self control either when it comes to substances)
And the second thing was that, you went from asking about using ONLY Friday and Saturday each week to considering 2 days on 2days off. From your first post to only your second post, you are already considering increasing the amount of days you do heroin to one-and-a-half to twice as many days a week than you initially were asking. I think you need to rethink this all. Do you really think you can stick to a schedule when you haven’t been able to in the past and when you, having only recently got your hands on heroin, are already basically saying, well I was thinking 2 days a week but maybe I could do 3-4 days and still be ok. I’m sorry if I’m coming off mean, I just hate seeing people go through the exact same thought process as I did and so many others have, when I know where most of us ended up.

This post is getting too long. Sorry. after getting all that out, I’ll say one more thing. No you won’t get physical dependence or withdrawal from 2 days a week. You might with 2days off2 days on, though. But I whole heartedly believe you will get a psychological dependency, if you haven’t yet, which will make it easier and easier to bend/break/make exceptions to your rules and make it easier to justify using outside of the schedule you set for yourself. Ok there I’m done. I wish you luck though man, no one wants to tell you I told you so.

You are all right... I’m throwing this down the sewer. This is my 3rd night doing it. I type that post during the day, where I didn’t even think about doing it but now at nightfall, I already crave it.. I can’t do it. Not at all. I’m stopping now before it goes to hell. I’m just gonna stick to pot as a nighttime euphoric relaxation time. Sorry if I was disrespectful to any of you :( Thank you guys though, I don’t wanna go in that hell again I’m gonna leave it before I go too deep. Thought I could control it, but I already broke the schedule and this is only the third day, it’s almost funny. It just feels so, fucking, good

Last edited:
I am SO glad to hear that! Throw that shit it NOW! Don’t wait because if you tell yourself, ‘Welllll I’ll throw it out when I go out to get dinner’, then by the time dinner rolls around, your inner addict inside will have already convinced you of a perfectly acceptable reason to not throw it out.

That's great to hear that youve decided on tossing it. Believe me i wished more then anything that i could follow those rules but psychological addictions are extremely hard to break once established.

If you can stick with weed that's fantastic. I never had weed as an option, if you can stick with that life will be much easier for you.

I too am happy to hear of your decision. I can almost guarantee there are quite a few folks on these boards who wish they could have your "fork in the road" moment back to be able to make the choice you just did. Congrats and Good luck!

Honestly as a former junkie, I wouldn't risk it. Because if you do get hooked, you will be sorry. You will look back on this moment and wish you had just stayed away. It will end up ruining your life, all your relationships, you'll go broke, you might become a criminal and resort to stealing, you might end up in jail. Things can go sideways real quick and I don't wish that on anyone. It is REALLY HARD to do something that feels so good in moderation. The last time I relapsed I told myself I would only do it one more time for a day. And that ended up turning into over a year. So think really hard about what you wanna do hear. Sincerely Blue.