• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

Pods are definitely better than seeds. For some reason the recipes online all call for heat or even boiling it. Which makes no sense because anyone with even a tiny bit of opioid knowledge knows that high heat destroys all the alkaloids you want and furthermore that they are soluble in cold water so no heat is necessary to begin with.
So I have tried quite a few different methods and this hands-down the produces the best end product:
Grind the pods into a semi fine powder using a coffee grinder. Then place them into a bowl with twice as much COLD water as powder, or maybe just a little less. Add a four to five second squeeze of 100% lemon or lime juice purchased in a bottle from the grocery store. Mash and mix it up well, then place it into the freezer stirring every 5 minutes for a minimum of 30 minutes up to an hour. Then using a t-shirt filter it into a glass and squeeze every drop of the saturated water that you can get out of the powder. You can save the powder and repeat if you wish. I usually make it in a single dose but I don't see why you couldn't make more.
For potentiation hydroxyzine is second only to promethazine, and your doc will gladly prescribe it to you for "itching" or "trouble sleeping" or "anxiety." Cimetidine seems to work pretty well for just about any opioid, it also seems to increase the duration of effects. However for PPT it seems only the latter is true.
I completely agree with using DXM as a means of slowing tolerance. Also agmatine is available at GNC or Vitamin Shoppe and is effective at slowing tolerance build up to a near stop at dosages of 2000-2500mg per day. I wish I had links to the studies on hand but there have been several so I'm sure doing a search will bring at least one or two of them up. They both have been invaluable to me, allowing me 3 to 5 weeks of daily use before needing to increase dosage. This has been true regardless of what I was taking, whether it was oxycodone, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, or PPT.

Last edited:
Oh and gabapentin is also a fantastic potentiator. It's prescription only, used to treat nerve pain and restless leg syndrome. It's actually really good for RLS.

Also, drinking the "tea" seems to work best. Some sugar or splenda along with one of the tropical-fruit flavored Mio's (or any other water flavoring brand) helps it go down easier. It really has to be tropical though, like tropical punch, mango, pineapple-mango, etc flavors. For some reason they are the only ones that really kill the bitterness. I won't say it tastes good by any means, but it certainly stops the instant-gag reflex

Last edited:
Actually on reddit someone explained how that's a myth as that heat issue is with freebase morphine, but not the stable salt forms that it exists in. There's even the possibility it can destroy the other unwanted alkaloids although they didn't look up the evidence to prove that site it's just a theory vs boiling being OK.

I like grinding the pods down and mixing with juice. No heat, best bang for your buck.

Actually on reddit someone explained how that's a myth as that heat issue is with freebase morphine, but not the stable salt forms that it exists in. There's even the possibility it can destroy the other unwanted alkaloids although they didn't look up the evidence to prove that site it's just a theory vs boiling being OK.

Are you saying that the heat doesn't destroy codiene/morphine salts (only freebase) and also may aid in ridding the tea of the unwanted alkaloids? Can you elaborate at all on what you read?

Honestly I've read/heard so much about heat being damaging that I honestly couldn't say for sure what kind of studies were ever done to back that up. My experience with it is also on par. When I have used heat, especially if boiled, the result tends to be diminished effects at minimum, to having no effects at all at most. Fortunately I was able to do both hot a d cold brews on the same batch of pods so I'm certain that the alkaloid content of the pods weren't the issue.

That's not to say I couldn't have just messed it up somehow, of course. But i am curiois about it.

I'm actually going to try an a/b extraction tomorrow with kratom and I've also read that high heat is damaging to the mu agonists within it. Obviously different plant/different alkaloids/atypical opioids but I'm wondering if it could still be related. And like opium, there are many other alkaloids within the plant, some desired, some not

I didn't say couldn't be destroyed by heat, but don't have the same issues. The other alkaloid thing was a theory... I can't say I know enough to discuss it. If you ask in the chemistry forum someone will probably help you find the answer.

Hell people vaporize/smoke opium to good effect. So a short boil at ~100 C shouldn't really be enough heat to damage the goods significantly. My experience confirms this for both Kratom and Pod Tea.

In my experience, morphine is adequately water soluble that a 5-8 min soak and shake in room temperature water is just enough to maximize morphine/codeine concentration. Lemon juice isn't necessary at all in my long experience. Hot water or more than 12 minutes tends to draw out the undesirable oils from inside the seeds.

Seed dosage with mild opiate tolerance?

I'm gonna give the seed tea a try. I normally take between 10-20 mg of hydrocodone each day for chronic pain. Looking to use the tea as an occasional backup when needed. Can anyone give me an idea of dosage to relieve pain? I would enjoy a slight buzz, but I'm more interested in pain relief than getting really high. Also, I've seen some people mention doing two or three washes with seeds. Do you actually get more each time you do a wash, or is one wash sufficient? tia

I've heard of people getting stuff from multiple washes, albeit less each time.

It's really hard to gauge potency/dosage with something like PST, because the opiate content in each batch of seeds varies drastically. There is general dosing guidelines throughout this thread and on Erowid though. Sorry for not being able to be more precise - it's just really hard to say "use X amount" for the treatment of pain with PST because of serious variability of the opiate content (even within batches it will vary).

one wash is all thats needed.

however i honeslty wouldn't recommend PST for someone who only takes a few vicodins. TPD is right - potency does indeed vary greatly, and you never know exactly how much you're getting. i am fine with that, because i have a high enough tolerance to where i can't tell a big a difference between 60mg hydrocodone or 100mg hydrocodone. but if you're at the stage of the game where you can experience added or reduced relief with only 1 or 2 pills, i'd say it is much more likely you would accidentally take too much PST and get sick, possibly very sick.

You can do up to 3 washes with the seeds. Really depends on how well you shake them 2 should be fine. I like to do ice cold water first then a really hot water wash for the second and combine them.

It's a really bad time to get into PST however it's becoming more well known, more scarce and prices have gotten insane. I swear they are engineering them to take out the morphine and leave all the other alkaloids so they are still addictive and dangerous but not pleasurable anymore.

Opinions on seed tea?

<snip>I was curious about seed tea and what people have thought about it lately.

How addictive is it, etc... is it still effective to make anymore based on seed quality as of this year? PS how do you gauge your intake?

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume your asking about opium poppy seed tea.

Once you figure out how to make consistent batches, it's just as addicting as any other opiate.

You'll start off with moldy seeds from a cheap grocer, get a buzz like you barely get with Tyco #3. Gradually you research and find better and better sources and extractions until your teapot starts looking like more like an oil refinery and your cup is pure fentanyl itself. Or maybe not that strong, but it can be potent.

Without lab equipment, you can't know just how much you're using. There's no standard seed:drug unit for calculations. Since you'll gradually improve your skills over time, your dependence will gradually sneak up on you.

But there is a LOT of information online, so go seek it out.

This is probably the worst time to get into it... Large demand and little supply.

<snip>

I will do some more research on the pods.. as most ppl say the seeds vary too much in potency.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the worst time to get into it... Large demand and little supply.

I have to agree with this 100%. Prices are at an all time high and quality is at an all time low with no signs of any positive change on the horizon. I used to be into pods back in the day but most people that still dabble with them say that they've gone weak and expensive too.

I've been researching this too and hope to try it soon - the advice given is don't bother with the seeds, just go for the pods

I have to agree with this 100%. Prices are at an all time high and quality is at an all time low with no signs of any positive change on the horizon. I used to be into pods back in the day but most people that still dabble with them say that they've gone weak and expensive too.

I'm surprised pods are still legal. The Powers That Be must know what most people use them for....