• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

Hey guys, my seeds are arriving today. Despite all the warnings and such I still want to try it ;) What is a good strategy to learn how potent my batch is? And how can you gauge how strong the effects are versus time being drank? As in, how long should I wait before determining whether it's safe to drink more or not? This is from someone with a low tolerance atm, so I'm definitely more cautious now as opposed to how cautious I would be during the time I was using opiates fairly regularly. But like I said I know that it's playing with fire and I still want to try it, but I'm not going to be overzealous with some real stuff. A buzz would do me just fine so I'm trying to air on the side of lighter dosages.. and if it's too strong I would instantly back off and not drink more.

By the way.... is the WD from tea worse than any opiate you've ever touched?

Last edited:
For me, poppy seed tea has always worked. Even if I buy them from <snip> they still work. ALWAYS. they used to get me REALLY HIGH for a REALLY LONG TIME. but now it just reduces withdrawals. What I do is fill an empty 2L bottle of coke with 1/2 - 3/4 seeds and the rest with warm water and then a shot of vodka and vinegar. Shake vigorously for 20 minutes. Drink! And yes, just as addicting as any other opiate. Its impossible to recommended a first time dose, since potency varies wildly... but my method will most likely not kill you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will not find seeds at <snip> anymore that are good

For me, poppy seed tea has always worked. Even if I buy them from <snip>, they still work. ALWAYS. they used to get me REALLY HIGH for a REALLY LONG TIME. but now it just reduces withdrawals. What I do is fill an empty 2L bottle of coke with 1/2 - 3/4 seeds and the rest with warm water and then a shot of vodka and vinegar. Shake vigorously for 20 minutes. Drink! And yes, just as addicting as any other opiate. Its impossible to recommended a first time dose, since potency varies wildly... but my method will most likely not kill you.

do you try that with the pods too?

So people with experience drinking the tea... when does the peak hit you and its at its strongest? How will you know that the first hours of the buzz won't progress into a wheezing and vomiting?

So people with experience drinking the tea... when does the peak hit you and its at its strongest? How will you know that the first hours of the buzz won't progress into a wheezing and vomiting?

I can't really recall exactly. I would wait at least a couple hours. Maybe even up to 4 hours to make sure you are feeling the full effects.

do you try that with the pods too?

I've used pods, but I just made a more conventional type tea with them. This was a few years ago. I think I used 15g - 30g in hot but not boiling water. The pods are a lot harder for me to get. I have to spend hundreds to get them shipped internationally. Where seeds I can get enough to get high for no more than a big mac meal from a store 5 minutes away.

Seed Tea? Tried it when I was unable to get methadone for 2 days, it didn't do jack.

Re: Dosage: I almost ODed on 1/2 lb the first time I tried to make PST. If you are insistent on trying it, I would dial it way back if I were you. I define a single dose as 2 oz seeds, and with zero (or baseline) tolerance, I will definitely feel that as a mild, energetic, enjoyable high. I also always mix with THC to potentiate, and grapefruit juice really works. My primary advice is still not to try it.

Can you save the liquid if you dont drink the entire thing? How long before it goes totally bad if I save the juice in the fridge/freezer?

And when you almost OD'd did you drink the entire cup?

Yes, I drank the entire cup and likely rinsed it too, but I don't remember exactly. It tasted awful and I didn't know what I was doing yet so I had no lemon juice or anything else to cut the flavor, which nearly made me retch just by itself. When I say I nearly ODed, I don't know how close I actually was to dying, but I felt absolutely awful, nauseated, tired but too freaked out to sleep, with an anxious edge.

Dunno about saving the liquid, but it's likely not getting *more* potent over time in that state. If it's going in one direction, it's towards less potency. I've saved some before to drink later in the day, and I could tell you it was less potent, but who knows. It's such a subjective experience. It definitely wasn't *more* potent.

Alright. I mean I appreciate the warnings and information. I know exactly what I'm getting into and I wouldn't state that any of your experiences were exaggerated.

Would anyone say.... after quitting the opiate "lifestyle" they've been able to control their usage afterwards without going back into that darkness?

I'd say the concern of keeping tea around lies much more with bacteria then with any loss of potency.

Basically it's going to become too nasty to drink much quicker then it's going to loose potency.

Obviously keeping it in the fridge will preserve it longer and freezing it would be even longer. How long can you keep it stored for in either condition? I don't know... but since the seeds aren't sterile I would guess you shouldn't store it at room temp for more than a handful of hours or if in the fridge for more than a day or two

Would anyone say.... after quitting the opiate "lifestyle" they've been able to control their usage afterwards without going back into that darkness?

The shortest answer is no, possibly with a but. There are a few articles I've stumbled upon that really sum up the "lifestyle" for me. Here is one that I saved for later reference:

http://www.alternet.org/story/21673/confessions_of_an_ebay_opium_addict

There's another one I'm thinking of but I'll have to dig around here to find it. In the mean time, read and try to really internalize the above.

I'd say the concern of keeping tea around lies much more with bacteria then with any loss of potency.

Basically it's going to become too nasty to drink much quicker then it's going to loose potency.

Obviously keeping it in the fridge will preserve it longer and freezing it would be even longer. How long can you keep it stored for in either condition? I don't know... but since the seeds aren't sterile I would guess you shouldn't store it at room temp for more than a handful of hours or if in the fridge for more than a day or two

Frozen it would keep pretty much indefinitely. Kava kava can be a pain in the ass to make, so I used to make kava ice cubes. It's a really great way to cut down on prep time.

In the fridge, I can't say how long PST would last, but I'd wager it would last for a at least a couple days. Really if you want to store something long term, it should go in the freezer.

I've had a lightbulb moment and looking forward to trying this. I am going to brew poppyseed beer! (Brewers yeast, sugar and seed wash) brew for 6 days and then bottle. lay-down for 3 weeks then serve chilled! this shouldn't impact the alkaloids, but will allow extended shelf life of the tea. I will start with a small batch and report back but here is the beauty of this:
Yeast reconstitutes alkoloids!!!
Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated.
cheers!

I've had a lightbulb moment and looking forward to trying this. I am going to brew poppyseed beer! (Brewers yeast, sugar and seed wash) brew for 6 days and then bottle. lay-down for 3 weeks then serve chilled! this shouldn't impact the alkaloids, but will allow extended shelf life of the tea. I will start with a small batch and report back but here is the beauty of this:
Yeast reconstitutes alkoloids!!!
Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated.
cheers!

That sounds like a good way to accidentally kill yourself IMO

Thanks for the feed back Slow_Mobius, It would only kill me if if I consumed it by the six pack? What is your concern, Overdose or poisoning?

My concern is overdose. Mixing opiates and alcohol is going to substantially increased your chance of overdose. Consuming PST is already extremely dangerous because it takes a long time to reach peak effects and potency is wildly variable. Adding alcohol (also of a potentially unknown ABV) would make it extremely extremely dangerous.