• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Ultimate Poppy Pod/Seed Tea Mega Merged Thread IV

I find I get agitated in the first hour or so of PST and afterward the relaxing alkaloids overtake the thebaine. In a sense it's really nice because I often think "this isn't going to work and i'm going to feel like shit for hours," until it kicks in, and the warm blanket takes over.

I feel great from the beginning.. However, WD's last for fucking forever, ridiculously long

has anyone successfully removed the thebaine ? or what ever that makes u feel nervous from the pst ?

Ugh. I just ordered 1 lb of seeds. Going to try and not overdo it bc I can get sick on them. But (here's my excuse/rationalization to do it again--lying to myself), I have OA and want to have some on hand bc I don't get opiates from my doc anymore. I know by Saturday I will probably be hurting. Maybe not. If not, then hopefully I have enough willpower to save them for another time.

Two quick tips for making PST

Hi everyone-

I joined this forum after looking up recipes for poppy seed tea, and found some good tips here. (I'm in the process of making it for the first time, we'll see how it turns out.)

Anyway, I bought some Bob's Red Mill seeds as I saw a few people liked those, and a very fine strainer- however, ordering online I didn't realize that as fine as the sieve/strainer is, it's not fine enough for these particular seeds. I contemplated a few possible solutions, and 3D printed a potential fix, but waiting for the silicon to set (hygiene to use it more than once) I got impatient and tried to think up other options.

So- my two tips-

1) In the end I found that getting a plastic water bottle, I could cut a small square of cloth from a light/thin tshirt I no longer wear, I could use this bottle with the square of fabric tightly held over the opening, the cap then screwed on half way to hold it in place, and just squeeze out the tea through that. Perfect filtration and really, REALLY easy to do, even with this tiny seeds.

2) A few people mentioned they use OJ because the high acidity makes it perfect for making PST, however I didn't have any around, so I've decided to try cranberry juice. Looking it up, it actually appears that the acidity is around 4x higher than OJ. I felt like this was well worth sharing for others using that method.

We'll see how it goes; I'm expecting my first attempt to be sub-par, but time will tell.

:)

Be careful - pst is really variable in potency/effects. If you have too much, it can make you sick for a couple of days, because the alkaloids you wash off the seeds have a really long duration of effects.

As for the strainer thing, that's what i always used to do.
And i would do one strain with a mesh strainer (which didnt eliminate all the seeds) but then pass the final wash through a fine tea strainer.
The bottle technique works, but i always used to do 3 washes. I don't know if it is difficult to add more water for subsequent washes with that way of making it.

Just make sure you wash the seeds, rather than soaking them. The faster you complete the process, the better the results tend to be, at least in my (way too much) experience.

And please beware the addictive nature of this stuff! Poppy seeds are pretty easy to come by (at least where i live) so the temptation can always be there...

Poppyseed T does work you just need to know how to do it. I went through a lot of trial and error for a long time and finally figured it out and have much experience with it. The first thing is that you need to find somewhere that sells unwashed poppyseeds in bulk. If you don't know what that might look like, the only way I could explain it would be if you look in the bulk seeds there will be little pieces of stems or leaves or whatever might be in there. There won't be 100% absolutely poppyseeds. There will be some other stuff in there. Also most washed seeds have a wider color to them and are a lot dryer The only other way is to actually try them. Depending on your tolerance you might put more or less. But I started at 1 pound and 1/2 to 2 pounds. My go to bottle is one of the big pickle jars that are made of glass. Once I pour the poppyseeds in the jar I give it a couple squirts of lemon juice or juice a lemon into it because lemon juice is a carrier and it will help carry it through your system. I will get a pot of water not boiling but definitely hot enough to burn you the amount of water you Poraine will relate to how the seeds flow when you shake it. You don't want clumps of seeds shaking around. Put enough water in there so that the water freely flows. It might take a couple times to get that right. It off and shake the hell out of it. I've shaken it for as little as five minutes and shaking it for a half an hour but I always get the same result so I would say five minutes because it is a little bit physically demanding. You can also use like one of those ninja blenders that have the paddles instead of the blades. Those seem to work well it's just they didn't hold enough seeds for what I was looking for. Once you're done shaking it should be a murky yellowwish brownish color depending on how much water you used. Crackthe lid open. it will be under a bit of pressure from the steam and usually blows seeds all over the place that are stuck in the lid. Just crack it open enough so when you turn it upside down it starts training with the least amount of seeds as possible. Try and get it all out. You're pretty much done from that point all you have to do is drink it. If you choose to re-rents you can but it works with just the first one too. There are a couple factors that help everything out. I'm not sure on the scientific specifics of it but if you eat with the Tea it works a lot better. When there's no food in your stomach it basically goes right through you and You pee it out. I think the food soaks it up which gives it a longer time to be processed in your body I guess. The second thing is that there needs to be some consistency if you wanted to work to its full potential. I can get by with making my tea in the morning with breakfast and it will get me throughout the entire day into the next morning. It really starts to work The best on the second day because it takes, at least for me, about 24 hours for my system to saturate. So the second day and third day you should be getting the maximum effect. If you're looking to kill pain I can guarantee you it kills your pain. If you're looking to get high you can get high from it depending on how many times you take it per day. One good thing about it is that it is very long acting. This is a fantastic way to get off of illicit drugs. As far as I know there is nothing illegal about it. If your pocketbook can handle it you should be golden

I just got a kilo of giants to play with and I must say I'm impressed. Had around 8 pods just crushed up with my hands and they were real nice.

Only problem is the delayed onset. Was high and went to bed thinking it was going to wear off soon only to wake up at 4am higher than when I went to sleep. Are there any tricks to shorten the duration but kick in all at once?

I've heard a lot about poppy seed tea but have no idea of sources for them. I know you can't give specific vendors here, but could someone at least give me an idea where to search for LEGITIMATE vendors? Thanks

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes nothing...

I have been using PST fairly regularly for about two years now. It has gotten to be my DOC...when the seeds are good. And lately they haven't been which has been causing some problems for me.

I had total crap seeds for about two months which forced me into a long, long, LONG withdrawal. I used high potency kratom to help with it but still had awful night sweats, stomach issues, depression etc., etc. The kratom is expensive and had it's own set of dependency issues. Finally got a decent bag of seeds and all was good for a few weeks (my usual dose is 1 cup a day, rinsed twice).

I got my second usual 5 lb bag from same vendor but something is really wrong. The quality is for crap again but what's concerning me more is the new side effects.

I am having terrible stomach issues. Not just diarrhea but crazy heartburn, nausea, and vomiting as well. I got some of the kratom i usually get (which usually has me feeling great) and i haven't felt it at all. Other symptoms are: waking up in tge middle of the night (even on ambien and clonopin), weird, disturbing dreams, depression, and of course, lack of motivation and depression. I have quite a bit of MS Contin 15 and some Embeda 20 and taking that doesn't seem to do anything. (Actually, it probably is helping as I've certainly had worse withdrawals.)

My questions are, 1. after months of low potency seeds my tolerance (fairly high) went down. Would that one good 5lb bag have upped my tolerance so much to have these withdrawals? It just doesn't seem right that two weeks of barely decent seeds would have my tolerance up so high again. 2. How much MS Contin do I need to combat these withdrawals? I'm crushing and soaking them and then either drinking or plugging about three pills every eight hours or so on top of taking three Embeda every day. 3. Why do these withdrawals feel so different? I've gone through WD from all types of opiates but these stomach/dream/heartburn symptoms are kind of different. 4. Why isn't the kratom helping at all? I don't know if I can list brands, but this is the head shop stuff that comes in a gold package with two capsules. I am not feeling the kratom AT ALL. 5. Sleep is really weird. I fall into an incredibly heavy sleep for only a few hours at a time with vivid, unpleasant dreams and wake up unrested, body aching, mouth open, breath like death, and CONSTANTLY dehydrated. I'm taking ambien and clonopin. Should i be taking something else? Finally, 6. Could this batch of seeds just be no good? I mean, not just low potency, but have some weird stuff in it? I've had a hard time locating any decent seeds for tge past few months. My regular, usually great, vendor has become very unreliable.

I have been taking all the other usual stuff like lope and other OTC stuff. I know the drill. This just feels soooo different.

Sorry for the long post. Any help is greatly appreciated! Btw...anyone know why the seeds suck this year? Since around 11/16, everything I've tried has been worthless.

Instead of the pickle jar use a two liter soda bottle. Also don't kid yourselves saying it's not illegal as it can be argued that you are processing a schedule 2 narcotic for personal human consumption... That's why you don't see a big pre-made poppy seed tea market.

I find great effectiveness in using the orange powder called TANG to achive masking the taste of pod tea also helps to introduce vitamin c into your stomach which most agree help in some manner...mixed in the cup after straining the mush out..

Not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes nothing...

Sorry for the long post. Any help is greatly appreciated! Btw...anyone know why the seeds suck this year? Since around 11/16, everything I've tried has been worthless.

Try doing less. You might have gotten a thebaine heavy strain or possibly a really strong version and are doing too much. Thebaine is more of a speedy high and it sucks compared to morphine heavy strains or just straight up poppy pods which are far superior. This is the built in downside to this "drug" potency is totally random between same batches and price and availability could change at any moment. Taste too though you get used to it when you are really addicted.

I'm currently in heavy withdrawal pain myself, fearing that I won't be able to get anymore. I've been using the tea for over 10 years. There was a whole two years where no seeds worked at all. I think somebody got wise to it but the fact that it costs money to wash the seeds means this didn't last. It could happen again at any moment.. people shouldn't openly discuss this.

Thinking about what you are describing maybe you are withdrawing from a morphine heavy strain and having side effects from the thebaine.

I have a rookie question for you guys, do milked pods still produce viable seeds after they are allowed to dry on the plant?

Just to point out to future readers, cultivation discussion isn’t allowed in any real detail. Any questions on the topic will be handled on a case by case basis. The above is innocuous enough IMO, but if future discussion gets too detailed we will have an issue.

Just FYI. Thank you for your understanding. And, carry on :)

I have a rookie question for you guys, do milked pods still produce viable seeds after they are allowed to dry on the plant?

If you have any exceptional pods that are disease resistant, larger then the ones surrounding it or possess any other qualities superior to the rest of the batch then just a small sampling is preferred over milking them dry so the pod can produce more seeds of higher quality instead of diverting it's resources trying to mitigate the damage done from milking.

Hope this isn't encroaching into a BLUA grey area TPD..