Training Log Olympia Prep 2017

Great arm workout last night. Also hit a few sets of quads/hams after cardio just to get an extra pump during the week. going to try to add that in for 2-3 body parts a week of I've got time after cardio just to get some extra hypertrophy work in.

Cardio + hams/quads
Stairs 20min - 400 cals

Hamstring curl
Stack x20x15x15x15

Quad Extension
190x15x15x15x15

Arms
V-bar Pushdown
Stack x15
Stack +25 x12
Stack +45 x8x8
Stack +25 x12

Superset single arm cable curls
35x12
42.5x10x10
35x12

Plate loaded dip
2p +25 x28
3p x21
3p x20
3p +25 x13

Dumbbell curls
40x8x8
45x8x7

Overhead tricep extension (dumbbell)
90x20
100x15
110x12x10

Hammer curl
40x15
45x12
50x12x10

Reverse double arm tricep extension (cable)
65x18x15x13

Dumbbell preacher cur
17.5lbs x15x15 time under tension

Since apparently my body is retarded I'm throwing some thyroid back in, doing about 15-20mcg T3 and 100mcg T4 until I can get a new order in in a couple of days. Going to carefully bump it to ~25mcg or so and see how things go while using BCAAs and glutamine to help stabilize blood sugar since hypoglycemia is problematic usually. Energy, however, has already improved since I began dosing two days ago.

On another note, a competitor friend of mine that had never tried tren added it in and had multiple hypoglycemic episodes within a week or two so I'm going to be leaning more towards slightly increasing fat intake and using additional supps to help stabilize blood sugar.

Since apparently my body is retarded I'm throwing some thyroid back in, doing about 15-20mcg T3 and 100mcg T4 until I can get a new order in in a couple of days. Going to carefully bump it to ~25mcg or so and see how things go while using BCAAs and glutamine to help stabilize blood sugar since hypoglycemia is problematic usually. Energy, however, has already improved since I began dosing two days ago.

On another note, a competitor friend of mine that had never tried tren added it in and had multiple hypoglycemic episodes within a week or two so I'm going to be leaning more towards slightly increasing fat intake and using additional supps to help stabilize blood sugar.

Apparently a subtle increase or decrease in the thyroid levels can lead to insulin resistance via various mechanisms, such as disruption of beta-cell function and impaired translocation of GLUT4 glucose transporters on plasma membrane...

Apparently a subtle increase or decrease in the thyroid levels can lead to insulin resistance via various mechanisms, such as disruption of beta-cell function and impaired translocation of GLUT4 glucose transporters on plasma membrane...

So, if I'm reading that correctly, thyroid would potentially help some people with hypoglycemia?

My issue is that tren and thyroid both give my hypoglycemia symptoms at times although it tends to be much worse with thyroid. I see people doing crazy doses and never knew how, my peak dose tops out at 50mcg and I very rarely go that high but when I do I feel like I'm constantly hypo except right after a meal...maybe.

Alright so change of plans per usual lmao. Pending some of the thyroid/metabolism stuff I've got going on, I'm going to push back the shoot that was scheduled for December 1st to sometime in January and also line some more up for January while im at it.

I also decided to slip a disk last night warming up on back like an idiot which I had happen about two year ago so it's gonna be a bunch of bitching and moaning and pain meds for the next two weeks.

Took some pain meds this morning and managed to get through a modified chest workout just now.

Pending the shoot changes, also going to drop tren for a bit thank god. So drugs will now be -

1000mg TC
300mg TPP
100mg anadrol
HGH 2.5iu per usual
Thyroid TBD

I also decided to slip a disk last night warming up on back like an idiot which I had happen about two year ago so it's gonna be a bunch of bitching and moaning and pain meds for the next two weeks.

Oh no! Just what you don't need :( Get a brace on as well if you have one. Fingers crossed it heals quickly.

Update!
Training:
As per usual I've come down with one of my biannual sinus/respiratory shit shows that I get the same time every year since moving to where I currently live. Luckily it isn't as bad this year and I've learned to just take time, recover, and then go back to the gym so skipped lifts Monday and yesterday and will probably take the rest of the week off and hope to be back at it by Saturday.

Not to bad a timing with my back so we can get this all out of the way at once and rest of the CNS in the meantime.

Food:
Been wanting to try some new stuff so starting next week I'm going to give intermittent fasting a go for a month or so and see how it treats me. Eating will start around 12pm or so and then end at 8pm with my post workout meal.

Drugs:
Also going to try some experimenting with anadrol as I've been curious about the higher doses I've seen lately and also wanna see what I can do with deadlifts in the next couple months.

Going to start with 200mg anadrol per day and then titrate up to 400mg per day over 8 weeks or so. Probably going to follow this -
100mg November 20 - December 3
200mg Dec 4 - Dec 17
300mg Dec 18 - Dec 31
400mg Jan 1 - Jan 15

I'll have some tentative shoots towards the end of January/beginning of February so I'm going to evaluate how I'm looking in terms of appearance, water retention, etc and decide whether or not to drop it. If nothing else I'll drop it back down to 200mg per day for the last couple weeks into shoots.

Okay noob question of the day but if anadrol does not aromatize, why would it be correlated with holding water?

And would that all be taken pre or across the day?

^^honestly it's still somewhat of a mystery why drol does what it does. It has terrible binding affinity for the AR yet still is a potential anabolic agent. It's a DHT drug but has estrogen related sides.

Okay noob question of the day but if anadrol does not aromatize, why would it be correlated with holding water?

It doesn't convert but has direct weak affinity for the estrogen receptor itself iirc.

I usually do not hold water on it and stay pretty damn dry but I also haven't run doses that high so I'll be evaluating as I go.

As far as dosing, I'll be taking half the dose in the morning @ 7am and the other half pre-workout around 3-4pm since I usually train around 530

More than likely it has fairly potent mineralocorticoid effects, either directly or from its myriad of metabolites. It can also activate the ER directly, like nandrolone.

^^honestly it's still somewhat of a mystery why drol does what it does. It has terrible binding affinity for the AR yet still is a potential anabolic agent. It's a DHT drug but has estrogen related sides.

Don't forget much of the literature on classic binding affinities has been debunked in recent years. I think you're the one who put up a study on that a few years back. Or maybe was it me? I can't remember lol.

^Thats a good point. Actually think I may get some telmisartan to help with aldosterone levels and since I'm using growth hormone I probably should be anyways. Heard a lot of guys swear by it for water retention, carpal tunnel symptoms, blood pressure, and body recomp.

Most AAS users should probably be using an ARB to attenuate harms mediated through the angiotensin receptor. I talked about that with you before, especially on the doses you use.

Most AAS users should probably be using an ARB to attenuate harms mediated through the angiotensin receptor. I talked about that with you before, especially on the doses you use.

What's your recommended arb to use? I was thinking of telmisartan and gw for body composition effects and heart health and insulin sensitivity and lipids.

And I think it was you who posted about binding affinity. I just remember reading it going "wtf, half the drugs I use shouldn't be effective at all if using high tren doses. Though there's literature now that shows aas have effects mediated outside of AR activity! Which is where I believe anadrol falls. I wanna say it has slight progesterone activity too?

Last edited:

Ah yes you did now that you say that. Been meaning to pick some up for over a year so I'll put an order in for that this week.

I think I've probably been around the big guys too much to think about the doses I use honestly although have been working to be more health conscious...says me with an upcoming 400mg anadrol run lol. Guess I'll live while I can, honestly think the country will fall apart before I hit retirement age.

@serotonin, I think anadrol does have some progesterone activity

Anadrol probably doesn't have direct PR activity, but one of its many untested metabolites may. Unlike most AAS, anadrol really becomes a metabolite mess once broken down, and we don't know what many of them do.

As for which ARB, I've tried quite a few and never noticed a startling difference. They all reduced BP and water retention. Telmisartan gets its positive rep because it also acts as a (partial) PPAR-agonist, but I can't say I noticed an effect on fat loss/distribution relative to olmesartan or losartan. It's likely that the things we do as bodybuilders in terms of constantly changing eating and training habits overrides whatever relatively modest effect the drug has. But still, it is there.

WRT AAS harms, losartan is the compound that's been most heavily studied, but probably only because it was the first ~sartan. I'd expect all of them to have a similarly beneficial effect.

Effects of telmisartan on fat distribution: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials (2016).

ABSTRACT:

Several meta-analyses have confirmed the positive metabolic effects of telmisartan, an angiotensin II receptor blocker that can also act as a partial peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-? agonist, compared to those of other angiotensin II receptor blockers. These effects include decreased fasting glucose, glycosylated hemoglobin, interleukin-6, and tumor necrosis factor-? levels. However, no systemic analysis of telmisartan's effects on body fat distribution has been performed. We performed a meta-analysis of randomized controlled telmisartan trials to investigate its effects on body weight, fat distribution, and visceral adipose reduction.

RESEARCH DESIGN AND METHODS:

A literature search was performed using Embase, MEDLINE, and the Cochrane Library between January 1966 and November 2013. Randomized controlled trials in English and meeting the following criterion were included: random assignment of hypertensive participants with overweight/obesity, metabolic syndrome, or glucose intolerance to telmisartan or control therapy group.

RESULTS:

Of 651 potentially relevant reports, 15 satisfied the inclusion criterion. While visceral fat area was significantly lower in the telmisartan group than in the control group (weighted mean difference?=?-18.13?cm(2), 95% C.I.?=?-27.16 to -9.11, P?(2)?=?0.19, I(2)?=?41%), subcutaneous fat area was similar (weighted mean difference =2.94?cm(2), 95% C.I.?=?-13.01 to 18.89, P?(2)?=?0.30, I(2)?=?17%). Total cholesterol levels were significantly different between the groups (standardized mean difference?=?-0.24, 95% C.I.?=?-0.45 to -0.03, P?(2)?=?0.0002, I(2)?=?67%).

LIMITATIONS:

Limitations include: (1) limited number of studies, especially those evaluating fat distribution; (2) different imaging modalities to assess visceral fat area (V.F.A.) and subcutaneous fat area (S.F.A.); (3) observed heterogeneity.

CONCLUSION:

The findings suggest that telmisartan affected fat distribution, inducing visceral fat reduction, and thus could be useful in hypertensive patients with obesity/overweight, metabolic syndrome, or glucose intolerance.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27010868

Solid find, thanks CFC. Looks like it's right up there with metformin in terms of a host of broad spectrum benefits, definitely gonna pick some up!

Thanks mate. Looks like another wonderful compound to add in for precautionary measures.