• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Shadow People: Stories + Theories

Ha, I just came across this, I remember when I made this thread *five years ago(!!!)* thinking people were bullshitting

The things I've seen since then....:sus:

What you're talking sounds more like delirium or psychosis than what most people think of as "shadow people"

This topic has always interested me due to my own experiences with staying up days at a time in the past.

I have my own theory about what may be going on that caused me one time to see people while in a calm, sound state of mind (sound from the perspective of someone up for 5 days...so yeah take it for what it's worth).

The brain has many repair and organization functions that are performed during sleep. Most dreams take place in REM sleep when these processes are occurring.

Is it possible that after being up for days, your brain(wondering what is going on), tries to perform some of these functions while awake, and the result is dreams manifesting themselves in your conscious while awake? There have been stories of individuals with sleep disorders reporting dreaming while awake(objects from the dream appear as real as day an integrate into conscious reality).

There's something about Zolpidem (Ambien/Stilnox) that has me sensing a 'presence' of other people in the room even when there aren't. I've read reports of others experiencing this too. One night, I kept looking over my shoulder, convinced that someone was standing behind me. I also saw a gnome with a pick-axe climbing the rock wall outside my window one night. It wasn't like the cloudy, warping, fractal hallucinations I get on tryptamines. I just plain saw something, very clearly, that wasn't there. I've read one other report of someone saying that they saw miniature people on Ambien.

There's something about Zolpidem (Ambien/Stilnox) that has me sensing a 'presence' of other people in the room even when there aren't. I've read reports of others experiencing this too. One night, I kept looking over my shoulder, convinced that someone was standing behind me. I also saw a gnome with a pick-axe climbing the rock wall outside my window one night. It wasn't like the cloudy, warping, fractal hallucinations I get on tryptamines. I just plain saw something, very clearly, that wasn't there. I've read one other report of someone saying that they saw miniature people on Ambien.

I had a horribly scary and dangerous experience one time back when I first started messing with Ambien. I don't remember how many I took but I'm guessing it was like 50-100 mg of Ambien. Normally I would take a few and enjoy that drunk feeling with no inhibition. Something different happened this time and could have ended very badly. I can remember getting this feeling that someone was after me and I needed to protect myself. This was like 8 years ago and I was 22. My parents were out of town and my younger sister was at her boyfriends or something. Anyway I just knew that I needed a gun because someone was after me. I remembered my dad had a .380 colt mustang in his closet so I ran in there and got it. Then I realized there was no ammo so I started tearing my parents bedroom apart looking for ammo. Somehow I found a key that opened this little safe in the bottom of my mom's closet and there was a box of .380 ammo in there so I take that and the gun out in the living room. I'm sitting down on the floor in my underwear trying to load rounds into the magazine but I'm having a really hard time doing it because all my coordination was gone and I couldn't get the rounds in there. While I'm doing this my sister walks in the door and was like what the hell are you doing? I said something like there's a guy outside in the backyard that keeps trying to get in the house. She didn't know what I had done and I was just freaking out she thought I was right so she said she was going to go back to her boyfriends house. I was like no don't do that it's too dangerous out there and as soon as I get this gun loaded I'm going to go out there and shoot the guy. Then I think she realized I was really fucked up on something because I couldn't get the rounds in the magazine and I wasn't making any sense. She got my phone and called my best friend who lived a couple streets over and I could hear her crying and shit but I was just focused on getting the gun loaded so I could go shoot the guy I thought I saw outside. A few minutes later my friend Kenny (R.I.P. buddy) walks in the door and sees me sitting on the floor in my underwear with a gun and bullets laying around everywhere and he said what the hell are you doing? And I tried to explain to him there's a guy in the backyard that's after me and keeps trying to get in the house. He kept trying to tell me there was no one out there and told me to come with him and he would prove it to me. So we walk outside ago down the stairs onto the back deck and I could clearly see someone standing behind the glass outside table next to the chairs. He was wearing a hoodie and black pants and just standing there and I'm like DUDE HES RIGHT THERE BEHIND THE TABLE LOOK. Kenny walked over there and was like look there's nothing here. Then he grabbed the big umbrella that goes through the center of the table and moved it around. He was like dude it's a fucking umbrella and then the guy I saw standing there disappeared and I could see the umbrella. That was the first and only time I've ever hallucinated from a drug. It definitely felt totally real and looked real but it wasn't. Eventually I kind of came out of it and realized how stupid of a thing I just did. I was just really lucky I was too messed up to load the gun because I know I would have went out there and shot at the imaginary man I saw. I'm sure I would have been arrested and charged with a felony or something all over Ambien. I didn't fuck with Ambien again for years but eventually I did again. I never hallucinated again from it though. I don't know why it happened that night but I'm just thankful nobody got hurt.

I have been a drug user for a while. I don't feel proud but it must be made known for this info to be better and make sense.
I was on meth and was on my 5th day of being awake. It wasn't the first time not did I ever have hallucinations but did hear about shadow people encounters . didn't believe it or thought it was eyesight errors due to lack of sleep and nutrition . that night I had been fighting with my partner .it was a very destructive night and negative energy was surely strong. Long story short, I was angry and thinking very bad thoughts .i look up besides me and saw a dark figure that wasn't the same shade of dark as the rest of the room as the lights had been off for relaxation and mind clearing purposes. It was very clear and the black was in the blackest of color I've ever seen a shadow be. It looked like a doarf. Sized man with a cloak or Rove that made the man seen like a ball since it didn't have shape other than it's round all the way apperance. It was approx 2 inches away from me and standing on my right hand side. It was literally standing next to me and if I didn't know any better ,if say it was smelling me or something of that contact sort. Anyways. I've never seen something like that in my life and was the last time I did. I don't think much of it now since their could be an explanation to it but from personal experience .I say There's a huge chance that shadow people are real and what I saw was a being from another dimension guiding me to the worst times of my life.(yes, my life was hellish during my drug abuse) I was always save and never over did it to a paranoia level though so that is why my believe is trusted in my opinion ,well I'm 50/50 but as of that night, I don't let stress take over me and my decisions to do the right thing and anger is managable now. If those things are demons and their goal is to Fuck with our fate to give it a negative twist, then I am setting my guards up and allowing only good vibes so that these things which we can't see with the naked eye will give up faster and not be lured into my life. They smell fear and decadence I bet. And the naked eye can be enchanced with some drug use or maiby high tech device .so I don't think it's impossible to see what our dimension or realm keeps us from seeing. Like babaies or animals. These things have high potential of being real but we humans have many ideas and opinions that seem to confuse us even after experincing shit like this. We all stay skeptical most times. If u dont, then u fall too easily. I hope that all made sense. I'm typing with a broken screen cell phone so can't see some parts of the keypad. Goodbye

I know there are plenty of threads about shadow people but I thought it would be nice to have some of more recent stories and theories about them.

So my questions are what do you believe they are and why they exist? What substances causes you to see them? If your experience(s) occurred while on a stimulant binge how many days in where you in when it began, had you eaten any and how many hours of sleep (if any) had you had during the binge?

I know they're usually associated with meth which I've never used but I've had multiple experiences while on Adderall and Dexedrine binges usually starting on about three days of no sleep whatsoever and very little if any food. I believe they're a sort of defense mechanism that the body uses to scare the shit out of you when it's reached a certain point so you don't continue engaging in the self destructtve activity. I also had one of the most terrifying experience of my life when they showed up during my one and only DPH trip.

Shit, I meant Stories + Theories. I was half asleep when I wrote that last night. Is there a way to edit it?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's called psychosis. It's not a theory. It doesn't happen to everyone. I've used a lot of meth in the past, and I don't end up hallucinating. Some people are more susceptible to it due to pharmacological imbalances and differences in brain receptor concentrations, etc.

I don't believe sleep deprivation is necessarily the cause; I have had 7 days with no sleep before, 6 days twice over, 4-5 days many, many times.

Yes, sleep deprivation is not always necessary though it's major contributing factor. I've been able to enter full stimulant psychosis while fully rested just from just taking too large a dose.

Thanks for changing it, I was beginning to feel a bit idiotic.

Something that creeped me the hell out about them is the last time I started seeing them it wasn't out of my peripheral vision like normal, they didn't try to quickly scurry away when I looked at them, they just stood there and eventually got closer and closer. At that point I was creeped out but still fairly calm because I had previous experiences with them but then my dog started looking directly at em so I fucking lost it and hid in the bathroom for like 3 hours waiting to comedown so I could sleep. There's a lot more to that story that I'd be glad to share if anyone's interested, I'll just say it involves "The Man in the Hat" trying to make friends, and leave it at that for now.

Anyone else out there have experience with their dog (or any other pet) seeing them? Also has anyone else seen them from sleep deprivation alone (no substances whatsoever, well except a bit of caffeine)?

I've gotten shadow people from MDPV and methamphetamine. Once, on meth, the shadow people appeared as police officers and I ended up running and hiding from them for a few hours.

I hallucinate when I stay up a few days but I won't see full-blown shadow people, mostly little shadow orbs.

I've also had shadow people on DXM, they were in the walls, but they just wanted to hold my hand so i pressed my hand to the wall and communed with the shadow people.

Wow ive never done meth but ive done a fuckload of coke and never got them from stimulants. I got them when i was taking a lot of benzos. Id mix xanax and kpins and start seeing them in the corner of my eye. Like someone eas Right there and moved out of the way quickly but its just a black sillouette.

Id also hear people call my name like someone Right behind me calling and them id turn around and nobodies there or if im with people nobody heard my name called.

Do you ever get that feeling or "presence" of someone thats there when they walk up close to you, like you can sense another life force? Id get that shit too then go around looking for it and get pissed off when i couldnt find it.

Benzos fucking suck id get that paradoxical anger too. Calm as fuck and out of nowhere ANGRY like breaking shit then wonder why i did it.

I think they are real. why else would people from so many different cultures, backgrounds, geo locations, educations, religions, ages see the exact same thing?

5a90ece3147fa9882196965daa8a6120.jpg

down to the shape of the brim of the hat mans hat?

Here's the reason. when people with normal levels of dopamine do math or amphetamines there dopamine levels get elevated. Now in case you didn't know people that have high levels of dopamine levels naturally end up being schizophrenic. Now people with low dopamine levels naturally get diagnosed as having ADD. I do think that there are other reasons people to have ADD other than having load up in the walls but I think the people that do you have a little job mean levels never see shadow people they hardly ever get amphetamine induced psychosis because math just brings their dopamine levels to a normal level where we are able to actually function normally. I myself have been diagnosed with having ADD and I have had my dopamine levels measured throughout my life and without medication they are at a very low level. So I've been doing speed for years now and I Never get the same symptoms that my friends will get my pupils don't dilate, I actually get hungry to higher I get especially if I do a shot opposed to smoking. I never see shadow people, I never think that police are following me, I never hear or see things, I never get paranoid but but unfortunately almost all the friends that I've ever had and up a little bit crazy.

Here's the reason. when people with normal levels of dopamine do math or amphetamines there dopamine levels get elevated. Now in case you didn't know people that have high levels of dopamine levels naturally end up being schizophrenic. Now people with low dopamine levels naturally get diagnosed as having ADD. I do think that there are other reasons people to have ADD other than having load up in the walls but I think the people that do you have a little job mean levels never see shadow people they hardly ever get amphetamine induced psychosis because math just brings their dopamine levels to a normal level where we are able to actually function normally. I myself have been diagnosed with having ADD and I have had my dopamine levels measured throughout my life and without medication they are at a very low level. So I've been doing speed for years now and I Never get the same symptoms that my friends will get my pupils don't dilate, I actually get hungry to higher I get especially if I do a shot opposed to smoking. I never see shadow people, I never think that police are following me, I never hear or see things, I never get paranoid but but unfortunately almost all the friends that I've ever had and up a little bit crazy.

I was diagnosed with ADD, never abused the medication or used meth but I would sometimes actually fall asleep while on low doses of dexedrine or adderall. Is this common if you have ADD? I have never seen or experienced shadow people even when I went awhile without sleep or was tripping on acid or mushrooms.

I would sometimes actually fall asleep while on low doses of dexedrine or adderall. Is this common if you have ADD?

Yes it is, some doctors now recommend an evening dose as a sleep aid. I also get very somnolent from low dose stimulants.

I was diagnosed with ADD, never abused the medication or used meth but I would sometimes actually fall asleep while on low doses of dexedrine or adderall. Is this common if you have ADD? I have never seen or experienced shadow people even when I went awhile without sleep or was tripping on acid or mushrooms.

I am on the same boat, and fully agree. I also agree with the poster @MethAbuser in general terms as well ref post #10.

There is a relationship with me, about yawning to falling asleep, on my ADD meds over the long run now approaching my 23rd
year non stop. Well, I tried, to quit cold turkey, twice, once in paradise in Maui hawaii, when I was married, and, my (then) spouse
got so upset I was so unmotivated and stayed in bed, or, just was sitting in my chaise lounge, un-motivated to tour the island, she
was a RN and threatened to cancel our planned 15 day vacation and return to the Mainland USA, if I did not return to my combo
of Dexedrine Spansule 15 mg for daytime in AM and my Adderall 10 mg I/R or Dexedrine 5 MG I/R all brand name USA meds, as
my behavior was so amotivational. I had my meds with me, but this was on year 5, and, I was just testing my bodies
reaction, Glad I brought my meds with me or, my spouse was a Nurse Rachett, type character from the 1975 Academy award movie
"One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest" with American Actors Louise Fletcher, the control freak RN, and Jack Nickelson, the rebel, in the
psych ward, directed by world famous actor Michael Douglas, filmed on location, in a real honest to goodness Mental Health Facility
in Oregon USA in 1975 !!!

The only other time I quit for 15 days in a row on purpose, a taper down to zero use, I developed a combination of a episodic
depression, due to my then spouse who had filed for a nasty Divorce from hell, and, I fell into a episodic depression I resigned my
job, and, quit taking my ADD meds for two weeks and just never left the house, amotivational syndrome, but, by now in the year
2006, my soon to be ex wife, still a RN told me I better return to my ADD meds and find gainful employment, which, I did after 15
days foo USA C-II stimulants, and, I got hired on a new job within 48 hours, as I returned to my regular dosing of stimulants.
My ex told me stopping my meds would not cause her to back off from divorcing me. so I gave in.

Getting sleeping on ADd stimulants, only during a time frame my MD was experimenting with me for evening doses of either
150 to 200 mg of Trazodone or of 100 to 200 mg of Seroquel the new age antipsychotic, he prescribed those meds to knock me
out for a 10PM sleep schedule but when I got up at 6AM to 7AM I was always very hung over for about 2 hours punch drunk,
until the stimulants kicked in. I hated both of those meds intended to make me drowsy. In the here and now, when my daytime
dose of Dex Er wears off about 8 hours later in the day, like around 4PM I start yawning on some days, if I have social activities, or
church activities in the evening, I am authorized to take like a 5 mg instant release Dextroamphetamine pill but no later than 5PM.

On occasion a larger dose of some benzodiazepines at bedtime, will also cause me to be drowsy in the AM especially if I redose
benzo's in the middle of the night like around 2AM from waking up in my sleep cycle.

Its the result that many amp users experience when sleep deprivation and lack of nutrition have triggered the beginning stages of methamphetamine psychosis. It is definitely paranoia manifested in HDTV quality.

Its not always at first though. Let's say you're maybe alone in your home after being awake for three days and nights and out of nowhere you catch someone walking behind you out of the corner of your eye. But you know there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of someone actually being there, but you can feel them there right around the corner spying on you. But you turn around and look anyway, but just to be safe you go ahead and lock yourself in your bedroom.

You start to brush your teeth, and you glance in the mirror at your bed and think you see 2 girls layin there. You quickly look after a 180 degree spin and its empty just a bit unmade. Then you slam the bathroom door and lock the deadbolt. Then you start hearing them (auditory hallucinations) speaking. Voices...conversations that make sense. Sometimes they're friendly, like your Mom... or maybe a couple friends from school that you haven't spoken to in years. And then other times they might be strangers with an agenda of some type or they might be there just to shoot the shit. But why are they in your home?

The longer that you stay awake the more realistic these people really get. Then you end up having full on conversations with people who aren't even fucking there. If you let your mind trick you into this nonsense, especially out in public, you might very well end up in the psych ward in a padded cell. In reality you shouldve just took your ass to bed days ago when that first mother fucker showed itself.

That's my interpretation anyhow. If you're loosing your grip on reality, its time to lay down and get some sleep. When I used to tweak hardcore, usually around day 5, shit started to get real weird and sometimes scary as hell escalating very quickly and usually out of nowhere...without warning. But everybody out there is different.

Hope this explains it a bit...

gm777
Dude you just perfectly described shadow people. No shit this would be a text book definition if such a tweaker dictionary existed. I know you wrote this in 2011 but still this is something that most amp (and any analogue of) users experience at some point. Sorry for the bump btw i just couldn't contain myself lol

On a side note i much prefer the shadow peeps over the skin crawlers. Give me paranoid delusions, over invisible bugs on/under the skin any day.

Last edited: