• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Shadow People: Stories + Theories

Not eating also, classic tell tail signs of a stimulant abuser.
From what I've read of this thread being mainly Methamphetamine based it seems very different to Dexamphetamine. From personal experience; their was nothing in the shadows, this was full-on stimulant psychosis, it could come on after 2 days of no sleep, or after a week of no sleep.
But each time it wasn't a result of using, it'd creep in after 12 hours of not using.
I'd love to post the experience for my own sanity, but I'm still not 100% sure what happened over 6 sessions with this substance.
In all honesty (not a good thing) I thought it was laced; but from 3 different sources it's more than a coincedence.
The mind plays tricks? Or is there more to this?
I'm just putting fuel on the fire to get other people's experiences.
adrenalinerushes, it sounds like a scene from fear and lothing. This would make sence if you were in Las Vegas and had certian thoughts in your sub-concious.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure, but I'm inclined to say that the shadow people are both entirely real and are possibly comprised of now dead people's spirits.

To all other folks that mess with amp's.
There is no one as clever as you own subconscious.
You've been awake for many days, or weeks; the lines are blurred, almost to the point where dreams blur the lines between reality and a dream like state.
Forgive me for quoting a Nirvana lyric...
'I'm so happy, coz today I found my friends; they're in my head'
Not that it's not real, but it's borderline schizophrenia.
I have listened to alot of people who are using meth-amphetamine. D-amphetamine is a very different beast; there are no peripheral manifestations, it's gob smacked in your face.

Last edited:
I think that shadow people are the dark-sides soul pets that follow more powerful spirits around once the more powerful spirit gets into humans through weakness like drug abuse, a possession...evil spirits prey on other spirits and attach themselves to who or what they can, easy access... shadow people are spirits pets or captured souls/lost souls which is why they are curios and dance around you because they know that their more powerful capter has another soul and who is very close to making that soul his/hers forever if it hasn't already...continous use of certain drugs will make the body/spirit/mind physically addicted to a point of no return in which u have become a lost soul and will join the shadow people when u part from this life if you cannot break away from that spirit that has possessed yourself..yes shadow people may dance and be curious and friendly for this reason but i dont believe they are...they are sad souls and yes they are real...very real...when hundreds of thousands of people experience the same visions or hallucinations, how could that not be real or just a delusion? drugs open channels in the brain that can see the world and energies differently because are minds are blocked when sober...people who see shadow people are usually torn/angry/addicted people and it usually happens mainly in meth/speed/ shitty coke(meth-cut) users because those types of drugs are horrible/evil drugs when used in an abusive way and can weaken the spirit easily...i used to see shadow people alot, i remember the day when it stopped. i was very disturbed/unhappy/depressed and was high and couldnt stop using. i had to keep doing line after line...deep down i didnt want to and fought back saying no to myself. huddled in a ball on the floor, i yelled no!!! it took all my mental/emotional strength to do it. The spirit got pushed out of my body and hissed the worse/evil hiss around me...I actually felt it leaving my body...i think its called punching when a spirit enters/leaves/or goes through your body..the spirit was very angry, it felt like a hurrican outside of my bodies energy field/ora...it was a very powerful spirit...since then ive experienced all sorts of good spiritual experiences and have been kicking the spirits out of my body every time they try to latch on to me when weak...now they cant...shadow people arnt paranoid dillusions or just halluciantions THEY ARE LOST SPIRITS TRYING TO KEEP YOU USING BECAUSE THEY KNOW THE MORE YOU USE, THE MORE YOU GET CURIOUS AND WANT TO SEE THEM WHICH ACTUALLY EQUALS YOU GIVING AWAY YOUR SOUL AND BECOMING ONE OF THEM...NO THEY ARE NOT YOUR FRIENDS AND IT IS TIME TO STOP USING WHATEVER WAY POSSIBLE SO YOU DO NOT BECOME A DARK SPIRIT PET LIKE THEM!!! DO LOVE DRUGS OR BETTER DRUGS IF U HAVE TO USE... USE DRUGS LIKE MDMA/MUSHROOMS/LSD/KETAMINE INSTEAD BUT BREAK AWAY FROM THE BAD DARK STUFF AND BREAK THE ADDICTION IMMEDIATELY TO WHATEVER IS MAKING YOU CLOSE TO THE DARKSIDE!!! GOING SOBER IS GOOD TOO, EITHER WAY, WORK ON THE STUFF THAT HAS SCARRED YOU AND MADE YOU ANGRY AND HURT AND START TO HEAL AND RECOVER..FUCK THE SHADOW PEOPLE...THEY HAVE NO PLACE IN MY HOME OR ENERGY FIELD...

Last edited:
Man it's just a result of lack of sleep or amp/coke psychosis lol

I hate those fuckers when they j walk across the street at night tho while youre driving. Those damn shadows move fast as hell.

I have never used meth or binged on stimulants; but people I know who are into long binges on meth where they don't sleep see things like this.

They are nothing more than the paranoid imaginings of a mind that has received little rest or sustenance for a prolonged period.

Or; a sure-fire sign to put down the pipe and get to bed! =D

I remember when I'd go on binges to do school work I'd always think there was someone at my bed room door I'd look over and nope no one or even just peek out the window "just to make sure" type of thing I've never had full blown psychosis however

The shadow people is the common name for all the hallucinations when binging on amphetamines (meth is notorious here) or actually being in the state of amphetamine psychosis.

There is always "someone" malicious moving always in the corner of your eye, and you can never catch them because when you look there it's gone. But also, shadows themselves actually start moving, shaking, and taking on shapes if you are awake long enough. It doesn't bother me the least anymore since I dropped acid for the first time because the acid somehow clicked my mind into a state of "self-awareness" that never wore off over the years and since then, no drug could overwhelm or instill fear in me, not even a 9-day-meth binge without sleep or food (only LOTS of ice tea and coca cola). Yes, the shadow people are there but I viewed it like I would view the distortions when tripping... I found it fascinating.

Well, gm777 explained it really nicely too, but the thing is: you can't describe it approprietly to someone who never saw them. Like you can never explain to someone how LSD feels. It`s just so far and away removed from everyday human experience, but just like acid, you will instantly recognize them when they come visiting you - this one I promise.

I have to say i also find the shadow pepole quite interesting lol. But my gf does not shes drving me nuts lol. For me i think all the mushies i ate when i was younger help me to know what is real an what is fake. I personally embrace it an think its quite interesting i do get kina pissed some times when i cant catch them lmao bring em on. Plus i dnt think its helping my girl by making me sit in the dark well her ne way. Shadows are kinda hard to see in the light

I have only "met" the shadow people once (i was riding a bike thru the city after picking up my gabapentin script, they were chasing me trying to steal it lol), but have experienced amp psychosis twice now,I believe. The second time landed me in the hospital psych unit, ugh.

The first time was probably the most terrifying experience of my life.

Voices talking about me, to me, having lengthy conversations with non existent people. Seeing people and things that don't exist, etc. Fun times (heavy sarcasm)

I have always wondered what it is like to be in amphetamine psychosis. I have seen some weird stuff on datura and alcohol withdrawals, as in hallucinations, but somehow I could tell that they weren't real or were borderline real (like there was something fishy about it, I wouldn't really believe it). I guess it gets on a whole new level of fucked up when you don't question the hallucinations.

I was awake for a total of 62 hours after rolling off of molly for two days in a row. Never tested the stuff and I have a feeling it was cut with meth. Anyways, I believe I saw these "shadow people" that you guys are talking about. Amongst many other hallucinations, I'm assuming due to sleep deprivation, I saw 3 children standing one behind the other.

The one in the front was the shortest, the one behind him was taller and the one behind him was even taller, so that their faces were all visible to me, just watching me from the bathroom as I lay in the hotel room bed. It was pretty eerie but furtunately it didn't really freak me out. I just sorta looked back at them for a minute or two and eventually they disappeared.

I know this is an old post but OMG it's awesome!! I've experienced nearly ALL of the same but I don't do meth - just crack, so I'm confused. Also, my hallucinations start after the first hit so I'm not sleep deprived at all. Weird...

Last edited:
I am reading your post and it has made me bust out laughing!!! I know it didn't feel funny at the time but the way you describe what happened is hilarious!! ??

I hate those fuckers when they j walk across the street at night tho while youre driving. Those damn shadows move fast as hell.

They do move fast..In my case, chasing me on my bike, bouncing from sidewalk building column to the next..

Learn to make friends with the shadow people! They used to frighten me at first but now we cool. Don't really bat an eye at them now, they're mostly just annoying if I'm trying to do something and they're distracting. They usually show up at around 48 hours of no sleep, just glimpses of them. They're pretty prominent when you get close to the 72+ hour mark of no sleep. I've had a visit from what I call the "sun people" once after 4 days awake on meth. Was like a shadow person but it was broad daylight. That one gave me a scare, wigged me out hahaha.
I much prefer the shadow people to some of the other people/beings I've hallucinated on other substances

Just a bunch of tricky thugs. They creep around the perimeter of your house at night. But when you go out with armed with a knife in your boxers at 5am they're nowhere to be seen ;)