• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Distancing Tripping Thread: Viruses Can't Penetrate Hyperspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took 10 mg XR (so equal to about 5-6mg instant) today but I've been at 16 mg XR, not long ago at all.. Somehow recently I haven't been feeling right at 16 - seemed like too much to be productive and also makes me on-edge. Drinking too much or smoking weed may have been influencing the efficacy of the dex but I am making efforts to cut back / quit.
Sometimes I take pretty short breaks but mostly to get some rest from it.

The dex is priced perversely high here as well for IR because of big pharma patent monopolization, so I went for XR as an alternative (though justified i believe - only taking it when i want to wake up works really well for me) which is covered by my specially selected healthcare insurance company. I requested most of the psychiatric drugs that I've had - basically only mirtazapine before this. They did get me to try methylphenidate first and quietapine a while ago instead of the pregabalin as anxiolytic.
After a few years now and having had a break off pregabalin involving strange and bad withdrawals, I opted to go back on them because I was just not cutting it without the pregab. In retrospect not sure if I was having PAWS... I find it hard to say if it's worth it to stay on the pregabalin for a very long time, and I hardly have effects from it that come close to the initial honeymoon with it but it is still nice stuff for sure, choice picks IMO i agree.

My psychiatrist is not strict about any of this - critical yes, but the choices aren't off-label and well.. it works. Like psychiatrists before him he seems to be confident that I am knowledgeable and wise enough with all of this though I do make mistakes with for example being irregular with taking my pregabalin doses which can apparently have bad effects on my state of mind, though somehow it feels far from obvious how those consequences are linked... I can see much less of a clear causal effect than with other drugs/meds. Anyway when I talked with him we seem to have well matching ideas about use of the dex. It differs per individual whether it feels better to skip it on easy days with an open schedule.

I've had difficult times in the past with self-medication / drug abuse and therapists have obviously been concerned about that, but I finally caught a break 1-2 years ago, I could let my life settle down finally after moving around, hardship, things left undiagnosed until late twenties... I've made a lot of good progress so therapists realize this and I got fewer and fewer appointments with them. Lately though I started it up again cause I may be looking at reintegrating towards that traineeship and I probably need to seriously change something about my habits, drinking etc and possibly even things to do with bluelight.

Great perspective but making that change will be hard (I will hear today whether I did the assessment test well), so I'll need some guidance to handle the shitty feelings of working more (and managing the rest at home/myself) plus not drinking anymore and getting some semi-mild detox shit...

Remarkably I never abused the dex once. That surprises me looking at my track record, but I get a LOT out of therapeutic use and the idea of abusing it doesn't really appeal to me somehow. It's kind of irrational why it would be that much less interesting than using 2-FMA recreationally, but I'm pleased about that and don't question it. ;)

I like the word tryptamancy, but a P&S thread on the words seems cray cray. Just write some sci-fi stories or something, creativity and fantasy are great... but neolojizzms don't make anything real or believeworthy, that's the flying spaghettimonster talking. Kinda triggers me because I also am appalled by people using new age jargon to create an esoteric belief system. One reason is that I've been in that vagueness years ago when I tripped on acid weekly and I really thought I was onto something while it was just overreaching fantasy and I am glad I came back from it.
Works like an NLP sort of virus and you can also easily see it in religious people... really unhealthy because it's inductive to circular reasoning among other things.

Thanks for the detailed response. I see the dexamp dosage is just a threshold, I might do some experiments with threshold doses of stimulants and see how I feel. And very good you are not thinking about abusing it.

I am just now on the tail of a soft pregabalin WD from fucking with it for about 2 months. Normally with doses in between 300 and 600, but the last week I went a couple of days over a gram. At that point I lost completely all the euphoria I was getting from it and just got the buzz.

Difficult to say how many days I have taken it but I reckon maybe around 3 times a week. Enough to feel a noticiable WD for me. Was quite surprised as it kicked as I was not expecting it. Very similar to opiates, though weaker. Just feeling like having a cold, strong insomnia for a couple of days, and bad restlessness on occassion . One dose of benzo, one of opium and valerian tea got me through the worst of it.

Never had bad anxiety so I just got it for recreative reasons, though surely I self-medicated with it. I would be careful to be for long periods of time on it, but if you need it who I am to say anything. And you having anxiety trouble plus the stimulant on top. As a user who has noticed the big tolerance it creates I don't know if people using it at the same dose all the time can feel much. But maybe all the jumps on tolerance comes from abusing it and having a more linear dosage can have too a more linear response.

I am going to try to stay a couple of months off it and then try again to do things right...dunno like twice a month, and try to dose low. I really like it but it is quite moorish to me. First gabaergic that gives me trouble.

It's not a gabaergic..

I use about 150-225 mg a day. :) It does work, tolerance becomes a problem but it's not unsustainable or anything... but yes it sucks ass to quit, a special brand of depression that seems to be unrelated is what i get plus anxiety/insomnia/restlessness in more minor ways yea..

Taking higher doses does completely ruin it if you're not really careful and infrequent/reserved with it... and I feel bad for people who use it for neuropathic pain but then you got a whoe other level of problems.

Similarly therapeutic doses of dexamph are much more reasonable than almost any kind of stim abuse, you can't compare it... call it threshold or therapeutic, indeed threshold if you are looking for actually stimmed out very noticeable effects but for me it is also noticeable how different my goal-oriented approach and productivity are. Not like I am lazy without it, but I just waste most of my time with chaotic confusion - well not typical confusion of cognition but of attention. At 16 mg I can already become quite 'pushy' - if I'm not too anxious - and step in to get a lot of shit done, amazing..

Don't ruin your pregabalin honeymoon or if you do, wait for it all to reset again - seems like the only way to get value, but still I doubt the withdrawals are worth recreational use. For benzo's I even have a hard time really imagining recreationally abusing it especially considering the withdrawals...

I take it vyvanse is nice and important in very similar ways?

We cannot compare the euphoria of benzos with pregabalin. Never abused benzos and I doubt I will ever but pregabalin is special. It is a hell of a mood enhancer though it is probably as problematic in that area as opiates. When you get to a withdrawal situation it is kind of a rule of thumb that recreational use wasn't worth. Anyway this time I just got the physical WD without the depression, 1 month ago I got something much more subtle with no physical problems but that dark depression you are talking about when I did a small break.
I know I am in that moment in the relation with a drug that if I don't do things right I am going to ruin all its potencial for myself. I have been here many times before, let's see if I can manage this time.

I have been reading about people experiences and they vary widely. It is affecting everybody in lots of different ways.

Vyvanse sounds really nice, it is basically a dexamp that you cannot snort. Which for some might be a plus. The price in my country is ridiculous unfortunately. They took away decades ago dexamp from the vademecum and it is like now they bring it back but you cannot snort it and have to be rich...
Didn't methilphenidate work well? Do you notice lots of difference between that and dexamp?

Wow, phenibut does some shit pharmacologically. What a strange drug, that I really like. Talk of pregabalin got me remembering how incredibly effective it was when I took phenibut every day for a year and withdrew... made me feel amazing, totally covered the withdrawal and then after 3 or 4 times taking it every other day, I felt fine. I've used baclofen for a day when reducing the dosage/frequency of phenibut (was taking it every other day now every third day but it still starts to get a bit dicey a bit before my next dose), but I see it is also a GABA-B agonist. But indeed pregabalin does not actually bind to any GABA receptors, it affects GABA indirectly. I should find out how to get a few doses of it, I could finish this phenibut reduction all at once. Phenibut and pregabalin feel pretty similar, definitely different, I actually like pregabalin more, but what I really want is to take a long break from anything like that. Great tools, but not to use regularly it seems. Every third day seemed to not produce dependence until after I got dependence from every other day. Now it does though.

dropped 300ug and have some dank peach romulan buds. Things might get out of hand8(

okay.. 400ug. haha im feelin it

Last edited:
Vyvanse is no good. Its super expensive from the pharmacy and if youre tolerant you wont get high you just stay up for mad long. No fun.

I cant edit messages on my phone becayse it erases the post...did one of my posts from yesterday get removed? I never got a PM saying i did anything. I asked about if RC geltabs are a thing or are geltabs pretty safe..

That is a known bug, don't try to edit on mobile.. not sure if I tried going advanced instead to edit..

(RC geltabs are a thing, stuff like 4-AcO-DMT in gummy bears also... they are carriers / a medium so it would be like asking whether pills or blotters are safe to which the answer is: no unless tested / it depends on the batch and identity)

Vyvanse sounds alright then cause I did mean functionally, not recreationally. Best to separate the two in my opinion.

I did try methylphenidate first but I get a lot of side-effects like palpitations and insomnia... it felt like walking a tightrope where I had like a really short window to get shit done (when it felt amazingly effective though, but for very short time), then effects don't feel in proportion anymore and the stimulation feels like either too little or too much to do anything with... When I tried to take more (and I did get a little generous with it sometimes) all of that got even worse. With dexamph though it's much easier to get that useful balanced effect.

I'm using pregabalin pretty sparingly, maybe a week taking 300mg a day and then a week off and its certainly still effective. I think its helped my mood immensely, no more ultra bleak depression though having quite opiates also helped. I am prescribed pregabalin for sciatica which has also subsided dramatically. I am meant to take it daily but do not want to run that risk and my schedule works.

Its odd though, the pharmacist doesn't seem to care if I pick my script up like two weeks eerly which seems strange but it doesn't seem to be on the abuseable watchlist in particular.

Got some nice pot :)

I'm still glowing from my DCK breakthrough/hole/whatev from a few days ago. I'm so grateful that we are able to access such deep recesses of the mind and on occasion come away with something positive from it. I'm not sure what the positive thing is that I brought back, perhaps it's nothing more than this afterglow, yet it feels so meaningful.
For me the really deep disso holes are just as beautiful and magical as breakthrough DMT experiences.

I'm on 350mg DXM to maintain a dissociative tolerance (really don't feel much from it.) Actually wait I did the DXM because I'm out of kratom. I need to start drinking a 40 a week to maintain an alcohol tolerance.

A divine synthesis is in process in my brain. After reading so many glowing reports of combining 3meo tweet meow with LSD, I have just taken the plunge, and I am at baseline tolerance for both so this should be a heaven of a good ride.
PS there may be a little bit of weed mixed with some hard liquor involved as well, for extra crunktrip

Ok,so I can make myself and everyone around me laugh uncontrollably for indefinite periods of time, but there has to be more to enlightenment than this, right? Right?

Seriously though, LSD, I love you, always have and always will, but you overpower my experience anymore, and your flavor of psychedelic funk can be too much for me to handle more than once in a blue moon at this age.

^ You're not the first person that I've heard express the sentiment lately, and personally, I've been leaning more and more toward the tryptamines than the lysergamides. Tryptamines are better options for psychonauts on a tight schedule, with something like DMT at the extreme end of the spectrum, being one of the most powerful ego-annihilators known to man, yet quick enough to have a sneaky breakthrough on your twenty minute lunch break. ;) Lysergamides not only last forever, but also can be somewhat mentally exhausting to integrate over the following couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.