• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

I would suggest throwing it in a coffee grinder or something to turn it into powder and then mix it with OJ or something similar as you will lose a lot of potency when making tea. Green Malay is a pretty popular strain for it’s light, uplifting, and mild qualities. Oddly enough, no kratom is actually harvested from Malaysia anymore so all “Malaysia’ kratom is supposed to be clones taken from Malaysia and grown in similar conditions.

I've never taken it before so I have a few questions! (I'm new here so apologies if I didn't format this post correctly!)

• What does the high feel like?
  • What is the best way to consume it? (It's shredded, so I'm thinking maybe a tea)
  • How much should I take?
  • What is the Malaysian strain like compared to others?

Thanks!

Merged with the kratom megathread

Please stop exaggerating. Those doses could be fatal taken at once. Either your Kratom has been laced with o-desmethyltramadol or you are talking utter bs.

Epilogue : I read your other posts about struggling. Opiates seem to have you in their bonds at the moment. Why not go back to Kratom ? Switch to Kratom, taper down slowly (you choose the velocity) and in the end be free.
I wish! Turned out though that the stomach pain I get painkillers for in the first place werre only made worse by kratom. Though I could try tea. Swallowing only gives me more pain, though. Do you have a good tip to get the best without getting the powder in my stomach? Won't my fent usage have killed my kratom friend?

And I'm with you those doses sound like bullcrap. I guess my body just doesn't absorb opis that well. My doses are definitely Dont try at home.

Woow, did a lot of esoteric posts last friday. The low dose 3-meo-PCE kicked in harder than I expected. 8( =D

I wish! Turned out though that the stomach pain I get painkillers for in the first place werre only made worse by kratom. Though I could try tea. Swallowing only gives me more pain, though. Do you have a good tip to get the best without getting the powder in my stomach? Won't my fent usage have killed my kratom friend?

[...]

I'd expect you would not feel much of the opioid effects, but if you have a good tapering plan (I would recommend a quick taper from high to low doses of Kratom and then plateau for a while on a low dose for a few weeks/months then taper further to miniscule doses, then drop it) it would certainly help to manage to get off of it. Regarding the stomach problems : Yes, Kratom even in low doses fucked with my stomach. I never managed to get rid completely of that side effect. Artichoke extract capsules and milk thistle (aid to stabilize bile production) helped with acute stomach discomfort, though.

Woow, did a lot of esoteric posts last friday. The low dose 3-meo-PCE kicked in harder than I expected. 8( =D

I'd expect you would not feel much of the opioid effects, but if you have a good tapering plan (I would recommend a quick taper from high to low doses of Kratom and then plateau for a while on a low dose for a few weeks/months then taper further to miniscule doses, then drop it) it would certainly help to manage to get off of it. Regarding the stomach problems : Yes, Kratom even in low doses fucked with my stomach. I never managed to get rid completely of that side effect. Artichoke extract capsules and milk thistle (aid to stabilize bile production) helped with acute stomach discomfort, though.

LOL.

I was like "this guy is really getting deep into a discussion of shamanism and proper use of Kratom and why people shouldn't abuse drugs" haha.

Of course, I mean, I agree with pretty much everything you were saying, I just couldn't tell if that was your typical style of posting or not.

Something seemed "different" in the tone but I couldn't read it as whether or not it was different from your usual posting style haha.

I still am just not quite getting Kratom to have the really strong effects I want.

It works and gives me a mild high, but not the super strong effect it used to, and I just can't tell if it's dose or vendor or what.

The new vendor I'm using seems to work better than the last, but now I can't place my next order for some reason...random but it's pissing me off.

I guess I just have no alternative but to keep trying different strains and doses from different vendors to try to get the effect I want, but I never had to work so hard in the past, and the strangest thing is my tolerance has in fact GONE DOWN.

So I'm actually getting effect from lower doses than before my 10 month break (as would be expected) but not nearly as strong, and if I try to go up closer to my old dose (which I don't want to) I just get side effects and the high totally goes away.

It's like the break has really changed how my brain and body react to Kratom and I wonder if this has happened to a lot of other people.

Last edited:
I got stuck at my parents at a recent blizzard and left my kratom on the table while I passed out on the couch, my dad tossed it.

I'm sitting there "yeah, I did need to get the fuck outta here 12 years ago."

Nothing but love for my old man though, he's the best.

You didn't just tell him it's your herbal detox tea, so you can become the sober son he always wanted?

Would be kind of true, wouldn't it ?

I'm now 10 days off of the stuff (5 days no lope either). Not much changed. Still not have much drive to start creative projects but it was the same on Kratom. I guess it is just the season and my age and the fact that I need a location change (which will happen soon). I don't feel depressed at all, just bored.

I thought the wd/paws would decrease my ability to work out but it is not the case at all. I just lost some of the drive to start the work out in the first place. Have to reestablish a strict routine, which was ruined by working too much and having no time.

Last edited:
Man, sometimes I hear certain people say things about Kratom that REALLY surprise me.

I was just on one of Reddit's Kratom forum and some guy said that when quitting Kratom he got 64 days of debilitating WD, emptiness, despair, depression, fatigue etc and that it was longer and in some ways worse than his WD from Heroin, Fentanyl, Dilaudid, Oxy, etc.

He was clear that at no point was at as severe as the worst WD from those opiates when at their worst, but that in his opinion his Kratom WD was overall worse because it lasted so much longer.

How does Kratom WD last that long for anyone and have you guys ever even heard of someone saying Kratom WD could last SIXTY FOUR days for them or be worse than Heroin or Fent??!!

At my worst I had 6 days of WD because I had been taking way too much.

Its stories like that that almost scared me away from ever trying it but I have to feel like people with that reaction are FAR from the norm.

All depends on . . . expectations.

That right there might be behind half of addictions in the first place, and probably most of every withdrawal. It should replace each of the twelve steps, and another twelve traditions.

Except for Kratom. Doesn't it have multiple cultivars, exporters, importers, governments, regulatory bodies, tax agencies, random warlords, and corrupt head shop owners, to treat withdrawal from dozens of different drugs each with a huge range of kinetics and heavily influenced by culture and expectations?

I'm sure it works for a lot of people but it'll be a couple decades before they get it all sorted and standardized.

But how can Kratom cause 64 days of withdrawal and if it can, why haven't I heard of lots of people saying that?

That's a long time to be in WD from something as relatively weak as Kratom, and it's hard for me to buy that anyone could have Kratom WD that lasts longer than Heroin or Fent WD or be something they'd consider worse.

I guess it just made me like "shit, I know I only ever had 6 days of WD but maybe I better watch out and make sure that doesn't happen...", except I still just think you'd probably have to have an EXTREMELY high and frequent dosing regimen to actually get to the point where your Kratom WD lasts 64 days.

Yeah, the guy said he took 25-30 grams a day for 9 months so I suppose maybe that could do it but I don't know.

That's certainly more than I'd do.

My biggest flaw is having once taken it 5 days in a single week.

I know better than to let myself use that frequently.

There are people on the internet still going through the occasional withdrawal "flare-up" from the time they got gluten from someone's Diet Pepsi on their colloidal silver.

That was before the aspartame got on the artisan high-protein bread they were eating unironically.

When someone says it is worse than Heroin WD or Fent I suspect they took those substances in the past and did not properly taper the Kratom until they dropped the habit completely, hence they got opiate like WD effects.

Another explanation is that people confuse cravings with withdrawal effects. Or they confuse natural reactions (sneezing when it is cool) with withdrawal attributes (sneezing and coughing are suppressed on Kratom afaik). That would be my explanation to those kind of fearmongering stories.

I have to be careful not to be insensitive, because it doesn't mean folks' suffering isn't real or that they're malingering.

There's a second-hand account on a different board, of a woman who had a terrible time with withdrawal from sertraline. Not discontinuation, either: she had loss of sight, as in literal blindness, going from 100mg Zoloft to 75mg. I think for someone to make that claim means they are having some kind of real issue, and you probably can implicate the anti-depressant, just not it's actual pharmacology.

And then there's people who can afford the world's slowest most comfortable taper, yet whine constantly.

I have to be careful not to be insensitive, because it doesn't mean folks' suffering isn't real or that they're malingering.

Sometimes people on here need to hear the unvarnished truth from others that have gone thru similar experiences. Isn't that the essence of the BL mission of harm reduction? We all have different personality characteristics and I think you've done well to own yours as I try to own mine. I always try to not take take what sounds to my ears like a snarky response personally. I know myself well enough to understand that that will always be the way I process responses because naturally from my point of view it's all about me.

Lately I been prefering to listen to what y'all have to say rather than posting anything. I like being part of the BL community because you are all my unpretentious peeps whatever the age difference. My seventh grade english teacher told us "It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt" and it seems like I always hear her saying that when I'm about to post something. So I write these long diatribes and never actually post them. Maybe a form of journaling in some way?

I was listening to an audiobook on the phenomenon of twitter giving people the opportunity to be publicly humiliated by complete strangers and how it's the modern day equivalent of being publicly flogged or put in stocks, in the town square. He said something like Facebook is where you go to lie to your "friends", twitter is where you go to tell the truth to complete strangers. Substitute BL for twitter and that's about how I feel.

Another explanation is that people confuse cravings with withdrawal effects. Or they confuse natural reactions (sneezing when it is cool) with withdrawal attributes (sneezing and coughing are suppressed on Kratom afaik). That would be my explanation to those kind of fearmongering stories.

I think exactly that...

What one person describes as "withdrawl" someone else may describe as relatively normal, or maybe just a bit under the weather.

Also, as you suggest, when people are expecting withdrawl type symptoms, they interpret every little sniff, sneeze and sort joint as withdrawl when it probably isn't. This coupled with the fact that opiate withdrawl often isn't black and white, on or off but more a linear progression of slowly decreasing symptoms.. Then there's PAWS etc.

It's difficult to fathom someone being in acute opiate withdrawl for over 2 months from kratom alone, regardless of dose or duration of use.

I'd still show the Kratom some respect as far as it goes for some symptoms. I might be a big baby with my lacrimation and thermal dysregulation but 7-HMG is no slouch:

7-Hydroxymitragynine is an agonist at the μ-opioid receptor with a potency, calculated using pD values, that is 30-fold higher than that of mitragynine and 17-fold higher than that of morphine, respectively.7-acetoxymitragynine has also been reported and found to be an active μ-opioid agonist.
Straight up wiki holmes..