• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom Megathread V.6

I don't understand how kratom constipates people. For me, it's the exact opposite. Im too regular when I'm taking kratom. I'm talking 3 movements every morning. I guess it's all the fiber.
Same. Made me quite regular.

Only in high doses with no opioid tolerance do I notice it being more difficult to pee or poo, but even then it's nowhere near as bad as other opioids.

do you think its possible to create psychosomatic constipation cuz I would assume the fiber would cancel out any possible constipation yet ive heard people talking about how kratom causes constipation I know that individual physiology varies but just a thought I had like do you think someone could make their stool physically harder just by really believing it will be?

do you think its possible to create psychosomatic constipation cuz I would assume the fiber would cancel out any possible constipation yet ive heard people talking about how kratom causes constipation I know that individual physiology varies but just a thought I had like do you think someone could make their stool physically harder just by really believing it will be?
I think it's possible, but not probable.

Your second statement pretty much covers it; individual physiology varies. Kraton can be weird for me, sometimes my poo is rock hard, other times it's completely normal. I'm sure a lot of it has to do with my diet at that time, but I don't keep track of it enough to say for sure.

ya I also wonder if cannabis use could effect it I read that recent cannabis use is linked with a 30% decreased risk of constipation could be bs tho heres the study I don't know the sample size they used to make this claim or how much crossover there is between kratom users and stoners but