• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Floor tickets are $150 for the Dead and Co. show, gonna hit up the one in Austin. Hefty price, but I've been waiting far too long to pass up on it this time 'round.

Gotta figure out accommodations. I have a cousin in Austin, maybe he can give my friend and I a place to crash. Hmmmm.

Yeah those prices are steep when you consider that john mayer isn't quite the psychedelic master of jerry or even trey for that matter. His music is ok for the most part but really cookie cutter. His leads on the shows so far seem too bluesy for some of the dead tunes.

Had to look that up, ketchap manis... at first I thought it was an uncharacteristic typo of "ketchup and mayonnaise". =D That stuff sounds amazing, I kinda want to order some from Amazon. Pretty expensive on there but I'm guessing a little goes a long way?

Around here you can get it cheap as chips in the asian grocery stores, just like a couple bucks a bottle. I wouldn't really say a little bit goes a long way though, I kinda use a solid amount cooking tempeh. It is amazing! If you don't have those kind of shops around where you are, it's pretty simple, I'm sure you could make it yourself easily at home using some other basic ingredients at home following online recipes if you had the time. It's kind of like a very caramelly, syrupy, soya sauce, so you can probably make it using some combo of soya, molasses and sugar.

How did your brother's piss test go Xork? I was semi following that drama.

On the topic of cooking...anyone here into canning? I bought a canner about a month ago, and first gave it a try a couple weeks ago. Bought some locally grown peaches, chopped them up, and cooked them into 6 pints of peach jam. I don't like overly sweet food, so I found a low sugar recipe that worked out pretty well. Made habanero salsa this past weekend as well...about 1 part habaneros to 3 parts sweet peppers. I'll have to play with the texture some since it came out a bit chunky for my liking, but the flavor seems good and the heat level solid.

With fall apples coming into season, I'd like to try apple butter next. Seems perfect for a cozy fall weekend, get the whole house smelling of cinnamon and nutmeg goodness. :)

$150? Ouch. Uhh... Hit me up for the afterparty? My prole ass ain't comin' up with $150 in time for the show.

I've never been able to get into The Grateful Dead. Someine post a cool track by them please! :)

Yeah, me neither. I mean Fire on the Mountain is a cool track, but I don't know. I've passively listened to random tracks by them because a friend used to loved them, but I never really got specially interested in what I was listening.

I've never been able to get into The Grateful Dead. Someine post a cool track by them please! :)
Smoke a bowl with good headphones(not beats by dre) and put on terrapin station the uber long studio track. Don't let it stop playing until its over. :) Then go check out live europe 72 version of china cat sunflower.

The Other OneAltheaShip of FoolsMorning DewSt. StephenDark Star & what Lasik said ^^I really recommend putting a live concert on and just letting it roll from start to finish. Terrapin Station is a favorite of mine.Terrapin Station is my Jam, I grew up listening to that cd on repeat from ages 2 to 6, good memories.
This is a great list! I love anthem of the sun. I would also say to hear wake of the flood and blues for allah.

I am in the extreme minority that isn't that fond of workingmans dead and american beauty. I mean I love ripple and uncle john's band but I prefer the jammier psychedelic side of things. Those albums sound like crosby stills nash and young to me more than I would like to admit.

08/06/1971 is my favorite show right now. I'm honestly not sure what to recommend if you've never gotten into them because when I first tried, I couldn't either. Then when I listened to them on DOC everything changed, every note and beat permeated into the depths of my being, and I fell in love. So, again, I really don't know, I love literally everything they do now. I think the thing that most people don't realize is how bluesgrass and americana-esque they are, as well as how unpolished they can sound compared to modern bands. If you can get over that though, sweet mary mother of jesus they kill it.

https://archive.org/details/gd71-08-06.aud.bertrando.yerys.129.sbeok.shnf - edit: see if you can find this version on archive or download off bt.etree.org - gd71-08-06.mtx.seamons.96668.sbeok.flac16 It's a matrix of various recordings from the show and is better quality, but from the quick listen I did on what I linked that audience one doesn't sound too bad at all.

Hard to Handle is probably my favorite non-jam song, and this one is the hottest one I've ever heard, as well as one of the longest and jammiest ones as well. Super tight.
St. Stephen is so rock anthem-y, one of the classics for me for sure.
The Other One is sick. And the TOO -> Me and My Uncle -> TOO in this show is SMOKIN'.
And then of course, Morning Dew is an absolutely beautiful ballad with an amazing jam from Jerry.
And as they usually did earlier on, Turn On Your Lovelight as a finisher is just amazing. One of my favorite dead tracks for sure. Sooo much energy and life. Pigpen was truly great.
Also the Mister Charlie here is siiiick. Not their most technically advanced song but goddamn is it a head bobber.

Final edit, the best way to listen to the dead is really to listen to the whole show. That's their whole thing, the continuity, flow, transformation, and improvisation that occurs over a multiple hour time period. Also, watching the new doc Long Strange Trip may give you some context within which to greater appreciate their music and contribution to the world than otherwise.

Last edited:
I think my breakthrough was on a DO(x) too psy, though at the time I thought it to be acid. Something just has to click, I hated the Dead until that day.

For me it was a number of LSD trips that truly spurred my greater interest. I think the Grateful Dead and acid are two peas in a pod. I've heard people say that they're the most American thing to ever exist; I heartily agree. Nothin' is more American 8o

I too recommend a watch of Long Strange Trip :)

Last weekend I had it all going for me. Then Sunday night it all fell apart. I almost lost my job and my best friend, managed to keep the latter. His wife is fucking nuts and caught me in a moment of weakness, almost slept with her but made her leave. Hit the bed at midnight tired as hell because I'd driven 800+ miles the last two days moving around arcade machines (my side hustle/hobby). On Monday I woke up late for work, called and said I was late but on the way. The boss didn't like me for personal reasons and had been just waiting for an excuse to get rid of me. When I got there he laughed in my face and told me I was gone. I called him a fucking asshole and walked. Decided working for other people isn't for me.

I'm going into business for myself but first I gotta handle some things. Going to live off my savings for a month, quit methadone (took last dose yesterday), then cigarettes, then probably going to try to find some Iboga and go through that. I got baptized Sunday, I'm starting to think there is something to that religion stuff because I'm feeling awfully tempted and tested as of late. Grandfather died two weeks ago after a month in the hospital. Hospital killed him, he survived 3 heart surgeries just to catch some type of infection that no medication could touch. They even tried some experimental stuff on him. It was like they were treating him like a lab rat and just seeing how much money they could milk us for before he died.

Despite all that for the first time in years I have finger nails, I'm focused, I'm in a better place than ever. I also just cut a very horrible person out of my life who'd been driving me crazy for 15 years on purpose. Discovered my friend's wife and her are pretty close so I'm sure Sunday was just the two of them having fun at my expense. She got cut loose out of my life too. Proud to say I've still never broken my #1 rule of "never fuck someone elses old lady". My father decided to stick his nose in my business and I had to set him straight too. He thinks I'm crazy, I'm pretty sure he's right. I basically told him I'm not going to live a life of slavery like he did, and I'm not going to take advice or be lectured by an alcoholic. I called him a drunk because he's become one over the last few years and I'm sick of hearing how awful taking 5mg of Valium for sleep is from a man that drinks himself to sleep every night.

He did me wrong a couple of months ago and I let him know I didn't appreciate it. Also told him not to expect anymore help from me while he babies his other (younger) son. I basically get shitted on while the younger brother has his debts paid, a woman moved in his father's house, pays no rent, claims he can't find a place he can afford despite making $20+ an hour, has a brand new car he didn't pay for or even pays insurance on, and has pretty much received favorable treatment his entire life. He's 30 years old now and they're all still doing it. The one time I asked for something I got told I'd get it then 2 weeks later it was in my little brother's name. I told him to mind his damn business and gave him a choice: either help me for once in your damn life or stay the hell out of my way 'cause I'm done raising your other kids for you. We haven't spoken since. I'm probably done with farm life.

Hope y'all are well.

Last edited:
Wow, bud, you've got a lot going on! Thanks for sharing what's up. Hope you find success in your own business -- there's a lot of money to be made out there if you can find a need and fill it. Good luck with everything, and damn good on you for staying true to your friend while looking into down the abyss of his woman's hungry, wet pussy. :D :D :D

I'm pretty sure Xorkoth is on vacation, possibly camping somewhere...

How are you tnw? <3

doing alright. been lurking mostly. =p still really tired most days, but recovering from chemo pretty well according to my doctor. won't know until the end of next month whether or not the chemo worked this time.

got about $15 to my name right now only, and that won't change for a couple weeks, but i have a decent stash of Blue Cheese medical herb so being broke doesn't feel so bad haha.

how are you mr. swilow?

Around here you can get it cheap as chips in the asian grocery stores, just like a couple bucks a bottle. I wouldn't really say a little bit goes a long way though, I kinda use a solid amount cooking tempeh. It is amazing! If you don't have those kind of shops around where you are, it's pretty simple, I'm sure you could make it yourself easily at home using some other basic ingredients at home following online recipes if you had the time. It's kind of like a very caramelly, syrupy, soya sauce, so you can probably make it using some combo of soya, molasses and sugar.

How did your brother's piss test go Xork? I was semi following that drama.

Sounds really good, I'll check the local asian stores. :) My bro passed it, fortunately. He had 10 days witout any, and ran 5 miles a day and drank tons of water and made sure it was pretty diluted when he pissed in the cup.

Yeah, me neither. I mean Fire on the Mountain is a cool track, but I don't know. I've passively listened to random tracks by them because a friend used to loved them, but I never really got specially interested in what I was listening.

I'm not really into any of the their studio stuff, the magic is live. Everything (like, pretty much literally) got recorded in all those decades of touring. It's not all great obviously but live Dead is where it's at.

Xorkoth hasn't been on in a week. not like him.

Indeed I am on vacation. In Colorado, going all around with my girl. First visited some friends, then we've been going on all sorts of adventures. Right now we're in a sub-par AirBnB in Colorado Springs, least favorite place so far. Coming back Sunday afternoon. Thanks for the concern. :) Yesterday we went to camp at a wolf sanctuary at 9300 feet, 45 minutes or more from the nearest (tiny) town, met some wolves, had one licking my face. Then hung out and partied with all the workers/volunteers, so much fun. That was probably my favorite. :)

Aye. Hate to say it, but I never understood the Beatles either. *runs and hides* A classic band I really DO love? The Beach Boys! So pure and unpretentious:

Status
Not open for further replies.