• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've set a couple personal records, one for the longestt without logging into BL in years (a couple weeks I think), and the longest without a psychedelic or dissociative in many years, which is at 4 months now if I exclude a one-off trip, and 3 months since anything. Gee, I wonder if it is related that the last 3 months has been the Worst. Summer. Ever. I really want to go back to my colorful, inspired psychedelic home in my mind, cause this default world can really be a downer to the psyche and spirit. I don't know when that will be, but Fall is around the corner, and with it comes better weather and a promising work opportunity (finances has been a major reason for the break, though availability has also been an issue).
The reason I havent been on BL is cause my phone was stolen a couple weeks ago only a day after Internet service stopped at my house. New phone today. Yay.

I don't really like The Beatles much really either...
We are all different but this blows my mind. You don't like Revolver, sgt pepper, mmt, white album, abby road, and the hundreds of other perfectly constructed songs that allows them the status of GOAT in most peoples eyes? Just curious.

Had Magical Mystery Tour on record when I was a kid, used to listen to it as I was falling asleep, I found some parts a bit haunting in the darkness, but for some reason that also seemed to induce a sense of calm. I still put their albums on some nights, usually mystery tour, sgt peppers or abby road. Still get that same feeling.

Had Magical Mystery Tour on record when I was a kid, used to listen to it as I was falling asleep, I found some parts a bit haunting in the darkness, but for some reason that also seemed to induce a sense of calm. I still put their albums on some nights, usually mystery tour, sgt peppers or abby road. Still get that same feeling.
I know it is like I understand the need for some people to say they don't like the beatles as its almost an anti-establishment stance...but being a musician and music lover to hear someone say they don't like the beatles still blows my mind. I try to get down to the core of why they think that way. If they say..." I like them but I prefer the stones" I can live with that and understand it. I would say 99.99% of trippers and people hip to psychedelic culture I've met in real life love them also. They invoke magic and childhood everytime I hear them...at least the good songs do.

I like The Beatles, they have some tracks I do really love (Like a day in the life, or tomorrow never knows), but I'm not crazy about them, either. I mean they composed almost perfect guitar-pop songs, but there were some contemporary or slightly later bands doing, in my opinion, braver and more interesting music. Like Syd Barrett's Pink Floyd for example, or the first Soft Machine album :p

Yesterday was pretty cool. Took a few bong rips, drop 25 mg MXE and went to see Icelandic metalheads Solstafir play live. They were awesome, their live guitar tone was HUGE. So much energy and atmosphere. And they blend so many musical styles together, blows my mind. I love how much identity their music has. It's cold, distant and telluric. Just like I imagine Iceland to be.

After the show I was still pretty wonked. Met a girl I've been dating, we smoked more weed and hang out in the cold of the night in a small park near my house. Then we went to bed, had some more fun and slept. Feeling tired today at work but happy. Next monday we have a national holiday so tomorrow I'll be heading to a nearby beach with a couple of friends and other people I don't know yet. Should be a fun extended weekend. The weather is still cold here, but I don't go to the beach often and I was actually thinking about going and I got this invitation. I received some Phenibut recently, hadn't tested it yet but maybe this would be a good opportunity.

:) Yesterday we went to camp at a wolf sanctuary at 9300 feet, 45 minutes or more from the nearest (tiny) town, met some wolves, had one licking my face.

That's so cool I'm jealous ! :)

My parents came of age in the late 60s and early 70s, and I grew up on Magical Mystery Tour, and a bunch of other Beatles albums, but that one stuck out particularly, along with Abbey Road. It was a really spooky album, but I loved it. Blue Jay way, Fool on the hill really spooked me out.

It always amazes me how short the band lasted considering how huge their impact was.

We are all different but this blows my mind. You don't like Revolver, sgt pepper, mmt, white album, abby road, and the hundreds of other perfectly constructed songs that allows them the status of GOAT in most peoples eyes? Just curious.

The Beatles as GOAT is laughable IMO. Sure they turned the pop music world on it's head and revolutionized that area of music, but what they did was absolutely nothing musically compared to a lot of other bands, composers, and producers. Given, I'm including modern era musicians as well - evolution of music taken into consideration, I do understand the impact they had on the music of the time - but still. It sounds nice but it's like a fantasy world that really never exists more than in your head. It's not real enough and too bite sized. At least in my opinion ;)

Also, to give anyone or anything credibility because of a majority deciding they are the "best" doesn't jive with me. I really don't care how many people say they're the greatest, they plainly aren't to me, and that's enough.

Christ.

The Dead and Co. floor tickets sold out in under a fuckin' minute... Had to settle on two seats in the seated section, but pretty close the the stage and in the first level of seating, so still good. I just... Jesus Christ, less than one minute? I bet you some ticket hawking asshole bought up all of them, as I see a number for sale on stubhub at 3 and 4 times what they cost...

The Beatles are not overrated btw. I've always found people who've said that to be saying so simply to be anti-establishment/mainstream. Hipsters :p no offense ;)

The Beatles as GOAT is laughable IMO. Sure they turned the pop music world on it's head and revolutionized that area of music, but what they did was absolutely nothing musically compared to a lot of other bands, composers, and producers. Given, I'm including modern era musicians as well - evolution of music taken into consideration, I do understand the impact they had on the music of the time - but still. It sounds nice but it's like a fantasy world that really never exists more than in your head. It's not real enough and too bite sized. At least in my opinion ;)

Also, to give anyone or anything credibility because of a majority deciding they are the "best" doesn't jive with me. I really don't care how many people say they're the greatest, they plainly aren't to me, and that's enough.

Evolution of modern music lol....in what way? Computers make albums, rock is dead outside of a few bands who mostly sound like the beatles like tame impala. What is the greatest album and or band to you? I mainly listen to prog, jazz, fusion, and my favorite band besides the Beatles are pink Floyd, radiohead, king crimson.

Well I'm back, what a cool vacation. :) Missed a chance to meet up with psy though, wish I had checked my PMs when I logged in. We actually needed a place to stay the other night around where he lives too. :p

Christ.

The Dead and Co. floor tickets sold out in under a fuckin' minute... Had to settle on two seats in the seated section, but pretty close the the stage and in the first level of seating, so still good. I just... Jesus Christ, less than one minute? I bet you some ticket hawking asshole bought up all of them, as I see a number for sale on stubhub at 3 and 4 times what they cost...

The Beatles are not overrated btw. I've always found people who've said that to be saying so simply to be anti-establishment/mainstream. Hipsters :p no offense ;)

I saw them (Dead and Co) in Atlanta a couple of months ago, it was great. Didn't sell out fast though.

And yeah, Beatles are not overrrated... took me a while to get into them. Didn't like them much before my ex really got me into them. You have to appreciate it for what it is... also they get better as they go. Give the White Album, or Abbey Road (probably more accessible), or Sgt Peppers, or others, a close listen with headphones and some weed...

Also rock is not dead, at all. Just gotta get out there and see live music. There is SO MUCH live, instrumental music these days going on. It's pretty crazy really, in my mind we're in a really amazing period for music. You just don't hear it on the radio.

Wow, bud, you've got a lot going on! Thanks for sharing what's up. Hope you find success in your own business -- there's a lot of money to be made out there if you can find a need and fill it. Good luck with everything, and damn good on you for staying true to your friend while looking into down the abyss of his woman's hungry, wet pussy. :D :D :D

Hey man, just checking in. Thanks for the kind words. Tomorrow or the next day will be a week since I last took methadone. The first 3 days were hard but I haven't cracked that bottle (got 120mg or so sitting in the house). No point in trying if I can't be in the same room with it. I've made _a lot_ of people happy this week. Life is good.

Oh btw, I can feel the fog lifting. My reaction time, my clarity, it's already coming back. I've sat here playing fighting games (Street Fighter, KoF, BlazBlue, Tekken) taking on all comers local and online to keep my mind off w/d. NO ONE can touch me right now, it's like my reaction time was cut in half. I didn't know I'd been walking around so sluggish mentally for so long.

Symptoms are soooooo mild compared to all the times I've gone through this before. Must have spooked myself reading all those horror stories 'cause jumping off at 5-10mg daily to nothing wasn't bad at all. I think I wasn't ready until now and I don't think I'll need Iboga or anything to maintain this. Would love to try it sometime but too busy with life at the moment for something like that. I'm hunting up a place to rent at the moment. Hope everyone has been well.

Ticket vending is a scam. Bots are used to buy up all the seats the second they go on sale. Ticketmaster doesn't care because they make money either way. It isn't just them but they're the main offenders. But yea, basically you're right, it's assholes that aren't even going to the show they're just looking to profit on it. You'd be surprised how many zombie computers there are on the internet that are just bots clicking ads or buying items to be re-sold at double the face value.

Last edited:
Also rock is not dead, at all. Just gotta get out there and see live music. There is SO MUCH live, instrumental music these days going on. It's pretty crazy really, in my mind we're in a really amazing period for music. You just don't hear it on the radio.

I can vouch for this. I've never met Xor but I attended a show in his area once. Just drive down to one of the music halls if you want to see a good rock show. They're locals and big names there all of the time and the crowds are the best I've ever found myself in. I want to go back up there for a show so badly. It's just such a long drive and it's hard to find the time to get away.

Someone mentioned him trying to go sober and staying off BL because of it?

Someone mentioned him trying to go sober and staying off BL because of it?
Yeah. I can appreciate that too. I mostly just check the social and P&S forum recently since my hiatus. Don't want to tease myself, and while I'm wrestling with addictions this year, I have to recognize BL, social media, and the whole Internet as having addictive qualities. I've pulled a 180 on FB, in fact I have a bit of an aversion to it now, and I feel like I have to reprogram my whole idea of friends and relationships closer to what it used to be before social media.

Yeah. I can appreciate that too. I mostly just check the social and P&S forum recently since my hiatus. Don't want to tease myself, and while I'm wrestling with addictions this year, I have to recognize BL, social media, and the whole Internet as having addictive qualities. I've pulled a 180 on FB, in fact I have a bit of an aversion to it now, and I feel like I have to reprogram my whole idea of friends and relationships closer to what it used to be before social media.

Social media is changing the very nature of us as a species. I've pretty much given up social media and like you I only check in on the social threads here. I stay out of the OD forum all together just because every other thread is about opioids. I could be in there giving good HR advice but it's just too tempting and too frustrating to watch folks going through what I spent years going through.

doing alright. been lurking mostly. =p still really tired most days, but recovering from chemo pretty well according to my doctor. won't know until the end of next month whether or not the chemo worked this time.

got about $15 to my name right now only, and that won't change for a couple weeks, but i have a decent stash of Blue Cheese medical herb so being broke doesn't feel so bad haha.

how are you mr. swilow?

I've been alright, mate. Had some epic struggles a few weeks back- ER visit style troubles, insanity and total brain-fuck struggles, but things are resolving.

Surprise, surprise, it was all due to drugs. :|

Aye. Hate to say it, but I never understood the Beatles either. *runs and hides*

Man, The Beatles are objectively the best band of all time. There really is no debate ;)

Some people just don't get them, and hey, that's life. But I think you are missing out on some of the greatest music, and cultural impact, of the last forever.

Check out The White Album. Just listen to it, and feel all the different aesthetics and nuances of it. You might come to appreciate what they did.

For me, I am totally biased as John Lennon is my truly and only Hero. I think he created the most brilliant music- I Am The Walrus and Strawberry Field Forever are simply brilliant, the latter tears at my heart to listen to. He was a troubled and troubling man, contradictory and not a particularly good person in many ways- but he was a seeker and he would strive for goodness, never really attaining it. He was thrust into the most intense fame that had ever arisen (at the time) and probably couldn't take it. In my mind, his murder is one of the great tragedies of last century, a true microcosm of how dark human behaviour really is. And yet, John Lennon tried to bring some happiness to the world, and for me, he really did.

Paul McCartney- not a huge fan of his material though once again, deep respect and admiration.

I've spent many a trip examining The Beatles as a concept and feeling their music.

George Harrison was also a beautiful, creative, yearning soul, just like all of you. <3

A classic band I really DO love? The Beach Boys! So pure and unpretentious:

Another brilliant band indeed. Inconsitent though, and they really burnt out after the 60's, and really only released good material for a very short period. Then again, so did the Beatles who had effectively a 7 year career in which they changed the world.

I cannot forgive the Beach Boys for 'Little Deuce Coupe', a song which, one night, totally fucked my brain into insomnia- it just went on and fucking on in my mind to the point of extreme anxiety :D

Classic music- gotta love The Doors. The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Neal Young . . . An innocence in in their music that simply does not exist in modern pop music.

Status
Not open for further replies.