• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☮ Social ☮ PD Social Talk Thread: Firly Swolks Discussing Mitillating Tatters Fithout Wilters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me take you down . . .

Nothing is real.

There was some truly brilliant music from the 60s. A lot of people were creating these types of sounds for the FIRST TIME. You have to take all that stuff in the context of when it happened. For example, lots of people have more technical skill on the guitar than Jimi Hendrix (now), but no one had done what he did with music yet and then he exploded what was possible for musicians (anything is always possible, but I mean it expanded the IDEA of what was possible for other musicians and for listeners). Likewise with Led Zeppelin, and the Beatles, and many others. The Beatles changed so much, their sound production was incredible and incredibly innovative (it was pretty much the first time a band started using close micing, which is where, instead of putting a microphone in the middle of a room to record instruments all at once - like they did in their early material and like every other band ever before that did - you put individual microphones right in front of the amps for each instrument, which gives them all an immediate and positional sound quality, which is what everyone does now because it's so much cleaner and better. The impact of the Beatles can't be denied, and there is a reason for it.

Before I got into them, especially as a kid, I thought it was kinda goofy and weird and didn't like it much, I remember thinking "what's the big deal? Sounds pretty simple". And it CAN be really goofy and weird, and simple, I'm not in love with every song. It has this innocent quality to it that is pretty unique. Some songs are pretty simple, and the individual instrumental lines are often pretty simple, but there is usually a lot going on, many layers of sound, so the more you get to know the songs, the more you hear in them. What really got me was my ex putting on The White Abum while we smoked weed. By the time Dear Prudence (the second track) was finished, I was in love to the point of tears. Their music is so varied, it's all over the place. So much good material in there, and a lot of it is really deep. Some of it's just fun, some of it (mostly later on, Abbey Road and later) is pretty fucking bluesy and heavy. Abbey Road is another really great one, it's less "weird" too. "Because"... <3

Let me take you down . . .

Nothing is real.

NSFW:
NSFW:

Tuuune! Ringo's drumming is so amazing ..

Does anyone remember the A-skillz bootleg of strawberry field? It's a sacrilege, but fuck what a tune that was on the big soundsystems back in the heyday of breaks

There was some truly brilliant music from the 60s. A lot of people were creating these types of sounds for the FIRST TIME. You have to take all that stuff in the context of when it happened. For example, lots of people have more technical skill on the guitar than Jimi Hendrix (now), but no one had done what he did with music yet and then he exploded what was possible for musicians (anything is always possible, but I mean it expanded the IDEA of what was possible for other musicians and for listeners). Likewise with Led Zeppelin, and the Beatles, and many others. The Beatles changed so much, their sound production was incredible and incredibly innovative (it was pretty much the first time a band started using close micing, which is where, instead of putting a microphone in the middle of a room to record instruments all at once - like they did in their early material and like every other band ever before that did - you put individual microphones right in front of the amps for each instrument, which gives them all an immediate and positional sound quality, which is what everyone does now because it's so much cleaner and better. The impact of the Beatles can't be denied, and there is a reason for it.

Hell yes, Geoff Emerick and George Martin created unbelievably good sounds, and not just for that era. It still sounds awesome. Geoff Emerick was like 18 or 19.when hr started too.

How about double tracked vocals, invented for Lennon who hated physically re-recording vocals and the subsequent invention of the flanger (also named by Lennon) as a result? The Beatles influence spreads beyond mere music. <3

I don't like Tame Impala too much, but he has done great work emulating The Beatles production, especially the compressed drum sound. And fuck, he sounds so much like Lennon. Its largely the slap back delay and double tracking but the actual timbre of his voice is incredibly Lennonesque. A bit uncanny valley though...

^I like Tame Impala. His albums usually have a universal sound to them, like all the songs go together, so it can get kinda boring... but lyrically, and in terms of making me wonder "How the heck did he make that sound?", he's a genius.

Last edited:
I really like the first few minutes of Let It Happen, love the eerie vocals but then it gets old. Too much filler but I love his production. Simply brilliant.

The first two tame impala albums along with the first two Temples albums are modern classics that while derivative they carry on the Lennon tradition and sound fantastic. They are like 2c-I compared to the Beatles being lsd.....at least that's how I imagine it.

I broke through on DMT for the first time last night and when I got home in the morning I poured out 100-120mg of liquid methadone on the ground and threw away the bottle I stored it in. Day 9, no 'done, feel better than I ever felt.

Fuck yeah dude, that's awesome! :) Good work.

Man, the hurricanes this season are insane so far. First there was Harvey, produced the costliest natural disaster in US history. Then directly after that Irma, for a while it was the most powerful storm every recorded in the Atlantic (size combined with wind speeds). Now the next one is slamming Puerto Rico as a strong category 4, strongest to hit there in almost 100 years. What the fuck? I'm really glad I don't live near the ocean, I'll tell you that...

I had a dream last night that I was hanging out with various friends, and Delsyd had this drug called "nim" that he took and he said it was incredible (in an unspecified way). He gave me some and after a bit I started to feel *something*, it felt like it was gonna be good, and then I got woken up by a really loud Amber Alert alarm on my phone. :p

My dealer threw in 3 tabs of DOB 1.4 with my 2C-B. Excited to try that stuff out this weekend=D

Can you say, weather modification?

I got some pure CBD resin pills yesterday, tried em for the first time today, and... =D It is soooo good! I've had CBD before but it's never been like this. If you're anywhere you can get high quality CBD I highly recommend it, it's absolutely fantastic.

In what way is it fantastic? From what I understand, it's relaxing and anxiolytic but doesn't get you high.

I puff a bit if cbd from time to time, can never really tell if its doing much but it does seem.calming in a way. Its nice to do it whilst smoking a some nice bud.

I'm up for some nim, sounds awesome :D

hey psy, whatcha mean by weather modification??

Like Louis Armstrong said when asked what jazz is:

"'Man, if you have to ask what it is, you'll never know!"

Like Louis Armstrong said when asked what jazz is:

"'Man, if you have to ask what it is, you'll never know!"

Pretty much this. The information's there if you want to know.

In regards to CBD, yes to what you all have said. What I've gotten is actually resin extract in gelcaps which I imagine also has terpenes, but wow is it an amazing mood lifter. It definitely doesn't get you high but it sure as hell promotes well-being, joy, and happiness. It's subtle, but still strong. Stronger than most Kava I've had for comparison. If you can get it cheaply it's worth it.

My band is opening for my friend's band at a nice, "real" venue (with interactive stage lights and a good light guy, and a built-in crowd) on Saturday. It's the friend who used to be our bass player. We have practice tonight and he and another guy from the band (who has played a show with us before) are going to practice an old favorite thing of ours that we can never play because it's so dependent on having a bass player. They're gonna sit in at the show, it'll be our last song before we switch over. I'm pumped. :) I'm a little nervous because my guitar player is notoriously bad with time, he's basically never on time, the best you can hope is that he's 30 minutes late. It's pretty annoying, and the timing is pretty important in this case. Crossing my fingers he doesn't cause aggravation. I mean we're all friends but the other band is pretty professional at this point and in the venue's eyes it would be on them if timing got screwed up. Up to this point we've only played little venues and if we were a little late no one cared.

At all the head shops around here stock kratom and CBD ever since spice was bammed. It is so much better; lots of stories how spice made the hoods even more psychotic than they were already (imagine it being combined with meth...)

Congrats on the show Xork! I have a buddy in Asheville rn can I tell him about it? And can't you just tell the guitar player to show up an hour earlier than you really need him, and he might be on time?

Status
Not open for further replies.