• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kratom to be banned soon by DEA! How will it affect USA? v All kratom talk goes here!

I do NOT like how optimistic my fellow Kratomites are getting.

Just look at how far down this thread has dropped before I had to call it to the top!!

The DEA has said they will extend the commentary period till December 1st and it's still legal till then BUT, Susan Ash of the Kratom foundation is urging people to continue fighting, making calls and emails to the right people and I will as soon as I know WHO to send them to!!

I think Reddit is more involved in this than we are so I'll go over there soon for the necessary actions to take.

This is what I wrote before in the Kratom Megathread:

I think it's REALLY important people continue to make even more calls and emails during the DEA's "comment period" but it doesn't seem enough people around here are.

I will make some myself once I figure out how.

I think that the DEA is banking on people having blown their wad already and then when not enough people respond during their comment period because they already responded before they will say "see, we gave you guys a few months to respond and you didn't respond much so we are making it illegal".

Then we'll all be like "yeah but we got 120,000 plus signatures BEFORE the comment period" and they'll be like "all that did was earn you the right to have a comment period which you didn't even use, and now we are scheduling it".

I do NOT like two things about your average drug user: 1) they are overly optimistic about things like these 2) they are often lazy and unwilling to take the necessary actions in a situation like this to keep their drug legal when they can.

I think that unfortunately the DEA may just be playing a "long game" now, expecting us to calm down because we think we won, and then just scheduling it at a later date.

I think we can only potentially stop the ban IF WE CONTINUE TO MAKE LOTS AND LOTS OF NOISE LIKE WE DID LAST MONTH!!!

Do NOT be foolish and think that the EVIL DEA is just "letting this slide".

We already have strong evidence that big pharma is trying to make drugs out of Kratom's alkaloids and is probably paying off or influencing the DEA.

The DEA STILL wants Kratom illegal if they can do so and I'd make a money bet with anyone who thinks otherwise.

STOP being overly optimistic and get active on making SURE Kratom STAYS legal!!!

Don't just drop the issue and be hopeful or we will lose this war.

How do I help to fight this? Who do I BITCH at and where?

So I don't know about you guys, but my unfortunate theory is that the DEA is just waiting for Trump to get in office and probably have Jeff Sessions the HUGE asshole who thinks weed is only for "bad people" to get into that Attorney General spot to announce that Kratom is illegal.

At first I was thinking it was a good sign that December 1st has passed without them saying anything, like maybe it was going to be more trouble than it was worth so they are reconsidering, but naw, I think they are just wait for Trump to take office to ban it.

People like Trump, Sessions and all these other assholes would love nothing more than to take another plant away from people.

What do you guys think?

Idk about the idea of it becoming illegal once trump gets in office but I don't think we had a chance against the DEA. These are people who continue to vouch for the idea that weed should be schedule 1, they clearly won't listen to reason or even a good chunk of the population.

Idk about the idea of it becoming illegal once trump gets in office but I don't think we had a chance against the DEA. These are people who continue to vouch for the idea that weed should be schedule 1, they clearly won't listen to reason or even a good chunk of the population.

Then why do you think they haven’t made an announcement yet when they said they are going to on December 1st?

I’m not sure that we have ZERO power in this situation.

We’ve got senators like Sanders who have signed to keep it legal and a petition with over 120,000 votes and this is almost certainly what made them pause and give us a comment period.

If there was nothing more going on I think they’d have already made the call that it was illegal.

One way or another I think SOMETHING must be going on or they’d probably have already said it was illegal.

And just because they WANT something illegal doesn’t mean they always get their way: point in case being that weed will most likely soon be legal.

December 1 is no longer a date of importance. It was the cutoff date to submit public comments, after which time the comments will be reviewed and a decision will eventually be made about whether to schedule kratom. This page has a lot of info on what happens, and when.

Basically we don't know when to expect a decision. We're not out of the woods yet by any means. Even if this attempt fails, they can try again to have it banned at any point in the future. 8)

Wow, in all states! lots of people will lost their jobs and distributors will pehaps try to substitute it by something interesting. Idk.
Always had the impression this was about to end eventually. Too bad as it was a mild alternative for some of us..

Maybe you're right mycophile but I just don't have that much faith in humanity, I'm a pessimist.

I don’t know if I’d consider myself a pessimist, optimist or realist, probably some combo of them.

As far as this is concerned, I kind of have to agree with you that it doesn’t look good because anytime anything can get you high the government wants to make it illegal.

It’s not a matter of thinking glass half full or empty, just the reality that the DEA and FDA will try to make it illegal if they can, and they also know big pharma will make money of it so they are in on it.

I just wonder why they haven’t said anything yet but I haven’t read that FAQ Lady Codone posted yet.

At the very least it seems we’ve delayed things and I think the one thing we have going for us is that it’s not ALREADY illegal.

Like trying to legalize something that is already illegal is a huge uphill battle, but we are starting with a clean slate so there’s that.

The whole thing is just so fucked up though.

I am mentally preparing for it to become illegal so I’m ready.

And I’ve been binging on it as is, but I can’t deny this will really feel like a personal attack if it becomes illegal.

Nevertheless, I’d get over it, but I feel much more sorry for those who need it for chronic pain or PTSD amongst other things.

Although it helps with my anxiety and depression I can live without it, but there are those who will REALLY be suffering without it.

It’s just plain wrong to do this to war veterans who need it for example, but when has the DEA ever cared about morality??

NEVER.

Not me, I'm nowhere near mentally prepared for it to become illegal. Since the day they delayed the ban I've been on a non stop daily binge and despite to an already bad mental addiction I'm getting my use in while I can, I'll deal with the consequences later.

Not me, I'm nowhere near mentally prepared for it to become illegal. Since the day they delayed the ban I've been on a non stop daily binge and despite to an already bad mental addiction I'm getting my use in while I can, I'll deal with the consequences later.

Yeah I hear you man.

It’s going to be a really big blow to me too.

I had said I wasn’t going to buy more and went 77 days without but then I wasn’t finding too much in my life enjoyable so went back to it and have been binging hard.

Kratom is just my favorite drug because it OBLIERATES my anxiety AND my depression.

It just makes me feel like I feel I SHOULD feel if I didn’t have anxiety or depression (well aside from the euphoria lol, that couldn’t quite be a normal baseline state)

When I do Kratom I am optimistic and feel that everything will work out.

I don’t have the racing thoughts and worrying and pessimism I have when I’m sober, but I also can have a clear mind unlike being drunk or even high on weed.

If it wasn’t for some negative side effects like basically the withdrawal and how inactive I become when I’m NOT on it and I could regularly use it as medicine who knows what my potential in life would be?

It’s like imagining myself without my mental issues.

So I can’t begin to deny it’s going to hit my hard and hurt for quite a while.

But I only discovered it about 2 ½ years ago and still haven’t used it the majority of days since then, so I don’t see why I shouldn’t be able to go back to how I was before it.

But there will probably never be another drug like it for me.

Used PROPERLY it helps SO much.

I am definitely VERY much mentally addicted to it, obsessed with it really.

But I’ll adapt if or when it’s gone.

I am still desperately hoping it doesn’t get banned, but I survived 34 years without it lol, so I should be able to again.

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you two lol. I hadn't taken kratom for a couple years but a month ago I decided I needed to try it one last time before they banned it. plus I needed to get off the downward spiral I was in with buying more and more pills, rising tolerance, etc.

I started out at a really low 5 gram dose but that has gone to like 15+ grams a day and I'm also trying to enjoy it while I can. Also I need to get rid of the huge amount I bought before the ban begins.

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you two lol. I hadn't taken kratom for a couple years but a month ago I decided I needed to try it one last time before they banned it. plus I needed to get off the downward spiral I was in with buying more and more pills, rising tolerance, etc.

I started out at a really low 5 gram dose but that has gone to like 15+ grams a day and I'm also trying to enjoy it while I can. Also I need to get rid of the huge amount I bought before the ban begins.

I personally don’t think you really have to worry about anyone busting your door down to take your Kratom from you.

They are going to be more concerned with vendors or at least people who buy bulk amounts WHILE it’s illegal.

I just can’t imagine that they are going to send DEA agents to bust down anyone’s door who has purchased any…I mean people have fucking rights and I don’t THINK you can get a search warrant to go bust someone’s door down easily just cause you have a paper trail saying he bought a bunch several months ago.

I would think that would be GROSSLY out of bounds.

I'm sure they could if WHILE it was illegal you purchased several kilos, but having bought it while it was still legal?

Seems a grey area to me and more paper work than it would be worth and something they'd just do to the vendors.

Drug raids happen, but on a personal level?

I don’t believe it would go down like that.

I myself have never bought a kilo, but if I were to do such a thing I don’t believe it would be at all likely that a DEA agent would bust down my door and search for it and arrest me.

I’d try my best to sue them for all they were worth…which might or might not work lol…

It’s easy to get rid of too…I mean you know it looks like dirt, and when I am unlucky enough to drop some powder, even on a perfectly clean floor, unless I drop a large amount all at once, it usually just floats away like dust.

Probably one of the easiest drugs to dispose of, even in bulk.

I don't think they would bust my door down or anything but I have it on me everyday. In my car too while on the road, not my whole stash but a decent amount and when I'm driving to and from work everyday I don't want the added risk of having it on me.

I don't think they would bust my door down or anything but I have it on me everyday. In my car too while on the road, not my whole stash but a decent amount and when I'm driving to and from work everyday I don't want the added risk of having it on me.

I heard some other poster say they would put it in Valerian Root bottles for this reason.

Another said that it looks and smells like Henna, which I guess is a skin dye of some kind people use to give themselves the appearance of extra color or a tan or whatever, and they got the idea they could pretend that was what it was.

If/when Kratom becomes illegal I think it will be VERY hard for cops to know what they hell they are doing in arresting someone for it.

I mean it just looks and smells so benign as a powder, as if it were any ground herb, and unless you have massive amounts of it, simply pouring the contents on the ground would practically dispose of it if you were in a grassy area, or hell, you could open your window while driving and open the bag and let the wind suck it out and unless it's more than like maybe half an ounce it would just be gone and blown away by the wind IMO.

You obviously know that if Kratom powder is spilled on anything other than a clean floor it is DAMN hard to pick up again.

It's just such a light, powdery substance.

If a you pour it out and a cop can't even pick it up to confiscate it, it seems like it would be difficult for him to do much with you in terms of arrest.

I don't know, that's just how it seems to me.

I was once carrying a ziplock bag of about 14 grams of powder and there was a hole in the bag I didn't notice and it emptied into my pants pocket.

I was outside in a grassy area and not thinking about it and turned my pocket inside in some poor attempt to get it out and maybe put it in another bag, but then it was just gone in the grass with no hope of me getting it up again and I was PISSED.

That sort of thing, and it looking so vague just seems like it would make it easier to get away with somehow.

After they ban kratom they will prolly spend most of their time trying to bust us buying illegal pills. I'm going to do one or the other. It much less expensive and healthier for me to buy kratom than it is for me to drive out to the hood and spend a ton of money on a supply that will last two days if I'm lucky.

I heard some other poster say they would put it in Valerian Root bottles for this reason.

Another said that it looks and smells like Henna, which I guess is a skin dye of some kind people use to give themselves the appearance of extra color or a tan or whatever, and they got the idea they could pretend that was what it was.

If/when Kratom becomes illegal I think it will be VERY hard for cops to know what they hell they are doing in arresting someone for it.

I mean it just looks and smells so benign as a powder, as if it were any ground herb, and unless you have massive amounts of it, simply pouring the contents on the ground would practically dispose of it if you were in a grassy area, or hell, you could open your window while driving and open the bag and let the wind suck it out and unless it's more than like maybe half an ounce it would just be gone and blown away by the wind IMO.

You obviously know that if Kratom powder is spilled on anything other than a clean floor it is DAMN hard to pick up again.

It's just such a light, powdery substance.

If a you pour it out and a cop can't even pick it up to confiscate it, it seems like it would be difficult for him to do much with you in terms of arrest.

I don't know, that's just how it seems to me.

I was once carrying a ziplock bag of about 14 grams of powder and there was a hole in the bag I didn't notice and it emptied into my pants pocket.

I was outside in a grassy area and not thinking about it and turned my pocket inside in some poor attempt to get it out and maybe put it in another bag, but then it was just gone in the grass with no hope of me getting it up again and I was PISSED.

That sort of thing, and it looking so vague just seems like it would make it easier to get away with somehow.
None of this has ever stopped police from busting people they "suspect" of drug possession. It's not like we live in a 1960s made for TV cop show. The police everywhere in every country have had hundreds of years of experience manufacturing evidence and 9.999999 times out of 10 it's their word against yours. Guess who wins in the court room?

I personally don’t think you really have to worry about anyone busting your door down to take your Kratom from you.

They are going to be more concerned with vendors or at least people who buy bulk amounts WHILE it’s illegal.

I just can’t imagine that they are going to send DEA agents to bust down anyone’s door who has purchased any…I mean people have fucking rights and I don’t THINK you can get a search warrant to go bust someone’s door down easily just cause you have a paper trail saying he bought a bunch several months ago.

I would think that would be GROSSLY out of bounds.

I'm sure they could if WHILE it was illegal you purchased several kilos, but having bought it while it was still legal?

Seems a grey area to me and more paper work than it would be worth and something they'd just do to the vendors.

Drug raids happen, but on a personal level?

I don’t believe it would go down like that.

I myself have never bought a kilo, but if I were to do such a thing I don’t believe it would be at all likely that a DEA agent would bust down my door and search for it and arrest me.

I’d try my best to sue them for all they were worth…which might or might not work lol…

It’s easy to get rid of too…I mean you know it looks like dirt, and when I am unlucky enough to drop some powder, even on a perfectly clean floor, unless I drop a large amount all at once, it usually just floats away like dust.

Probably one of the easiest drugs to dispose of, even in bulk.

I definitely think they will kick down doors. They do for weed... And weed is even more harmless than kratom.. (besides if you have anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders etc.)..

I'm so mad about this whole scenario. These fucking assholes are taking away the one hope so many of us addicts had. It's either kratom or psych meds and suboxone/methadone.. which those alternatives have dire consequences.

Trump and his goons will ban kratom, it'll be "easy to hide" in valerian bottles or whatever.. but good luck getting it. All the online shops will stop sending to the US, no shop would be stupid enough to sell you it for they'd be risking distribution charges of a schedule 1.. and then after they wipe out any shops or distributors that attempt to defy the government they'll come after the every day citizens. We will see people getting legit prison time.. for kratom.

I live in the US... And I honestly have never been more let down by my country than ever before. Sure the US has always sucked in many ways... Draconian drug laws, Christian politics, racism, homophobia, corporate greed and a government riddled with corruption and hypocrisy... Things were looking up though. In many ways there was some hope that things would be finally catching up with our European counterparts... Now with Trump and all the other bullshit that's been happening, we are about to see another long 8 years of conservative bullshit. Our country is literally about to suck like it did back in the Bush era..

R.I.P. progress and any sense of freedom.

And yes I say 8 because unless this prick dies then we all know the American public will probably vote this idiot in again for a second term. They did with Bush... They will with Trump.

I definitely think they will kick down doors. They do for weed... And weed is even more harmless than kratom.. (besides if you have anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders etc.)..

I'm so mad about this whole scenario. These fucking assholes are taking away the one hope so many of us addicts had. It's either kratom or psych meds and suboxone/methadone.. which those alternatives have dire consequences.

Trump and his goons will ban kratom, it'll be "easy to hide" in valerian bottles or whatever.. but good luck getting it. All the online shops will stop sending to the US, no shop would be stupid enough to sell you it for they'd be risking distribution charges of a schedule 1.. and then after they wipe out any shops or distributors that attempt to defy the government they'll come after the every day citizens. We will see people getting legit prison time.. for kratom.

I live in the US... And I honestly have never been more let down by my country than ever before. Sure the US has always sucked in many ways... Draconian drug laws, Christian politics, racism, homophobia, corporate greed and a government riddled with corruption and hypocrisy... Things were looking up though. In many ways there was some hope that things would be finally catching up with our European counterparts... Now with Trump and all the other bullshit that's been happening, we are about to see another long 8 years of conservative bullshit. Our country is literally about to suck like it did back in the Bush era..

R.I.P. progress and any sense of freedom.

And yes I say 8 because unless this prick dies then we all know the American public will probably vote this idiot in again for a second term. They did with Bush... They will with Trump.

I think they have to have some real proof you have KILO’s worth, and I know I won’t.

I wont’ have any after it’s illegal, if it’s made illegal, which it probably will be but we can hope.

I hate Trump too, but I’m not sure they’ll vote him in a 2nd term, and I actually think there’s a good chance he’ll be impeached within 2 years.

He makes Bush look GOOD and that’s hard.

But I’m just not sure how many people will have enough Kratom other than former vendors to be worth the DEA’s time.

I also wonder how it’s not still a human right’s violation to bust someone’s door in without a search warrant.

That is supposed to be necessary for a search and seizure, but I think these monsters can get away with all sorts of shit.

I can’t believe Trump has been elected, and so I have no more faith in Americans by and large anymore.

I think they have to have some real proof you have KILO’s worth, and I know I won’t.

I wont’ have any after it’s illegal, if it’s made illegal, which it probably will be but we can hope.

I hate Trump too, but I’m not sure they’ll vote him in a 2nd term, and I actually think there’s a good chance he’ll be impeached within 2 years.

He makes Bush look GOOD and that’s hard.

But I’m just not sure how many people will have enough Kratom other than former vendors to be worth the DEA’s time.

I also wonder how it’s not still a human right’s violation to bust someone’s door in without a search warrant.

That is supposed to be necessary for a search and seizure, but I think these monsters can get away with all sorts of shit.

I can’t believe Trump has been elected, and so I have no more faith in Americans by and large anymore.

I disagree. I believe trump will look at it objectively and also listen to the people. Wow!!! What a concept. Listen to the people. That's something a liberal dem has failed to do in my entire lifetime.

Why hate on someone that is so pro-America? Trump is a person that is actually going to take his position very seriously and put in a lot of work to bring this country back to the top.

Why do you hate him? What is it exactly that he has done that has affected you? Don't get me wrong, not trying to be disrespectful, you haven't even given him a chance.