• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweetleaf7- I said for years that I drank to quiet the voices in my head. Life is hard and sometimes painful. Things like peer pressure, politics, public schools, etc. They all make me sit and think about shit that makes my life hurt, makes me have conversations with myself inside my own head. Not in a psychotic way, just a whole lot of ?chatter? in my mind.
Anything that can bring down the volume of the noise is welcomed. Sitting on the beach in Hawaii would do it. But since that?s not really an option..... opiates, alcohol, weed, sex..... they all work.

Hi, I am just dropping by to wish everyone here a healthier year in 2018.. and success in achieving your own personal goals, whatever they may be.
I will have 11 months clean and sober on February 25 if I do not pick up a drink or a drug... my own experience is this: I had to quit everything, in order to start the process of healing my brain. In fact, I have now stopped eating or drinking anything with sugar.. I did not plan this at first, but realized the impact it had on how I felt.
I choose not to use marijuana, opiates, alcohol, etc., etc. I find that after the initial withdrawal period, and then the subsequent healing... the chatter in my brain has slowed down significantly... my anxiety is very low, even when I drink coffee... oh, yeah... I do use the drug/substance caffeine... and even when I am in what I would consider an "anxiety provoking situation"... it has really dropped.
My reality was that most of anxiety was caused by using opiates... my tolerance had increased, but my supply had not... I was constantly worried about running out, my doc getting closed by the DEA, getting cut off from my doc, going through withdrawal, fear of an increase in pain once I stopped... and on and on... all these thoughts had been fueled by taking opiates... who would have thought???
I don't want an opiate - I have no desire to use opiates and am so grateful I had the balls to finally get off the merry-go-round that was my personal hell and stop using.
Was a very long journey.... so hang in there, all those tapering/getting clean. All I do know is that our brains are incredibly resilient and there can be a better life on lower levels of drugs/alcohol. Peace and light to anyone reading.

P0ke!!! I am so happy for you. What an inspiring journey you have had. I remember when you had so little confidence in your own strengths and yet even in those times, you got back up and dusted yourself off and stood tall. You are the best kind of warrior--a warrior that fought for herself whether it looked like she would win or not. You never gave up. And along the way you always reached out for others hands that needed help getting back up. I cannot even express my joy and admiration. <3

Seriously wonderful news to hear. :) Beautiful story! I'm glad you came back to share it. It really, really helps people experiencing addiction to see that it is possible to recover and be healthy and happy.

Great thread ! Thank you everyone for all the guidance and insight I have gained by reading .

I'm sorry to hear you are still struggling and having trouble sleeping SweetLeaf and yes, I agree with your observation and Xorkoth's response. Nature, music, and adapting your own ways to become still and to know ourselves. We cannot neglect this part of ourselves or we suffer greatly.
There is something missing in this rat race society. A huge part of us is missing. It is our spirituality. Our very soul is hurting.
We live in very un-natural circumstances now days and we are feeling that loss greatly.

I was hoping it was possible to switch over from opiates to the medical marijuana. I'm not counting that out yet.
Yes, we would rather hear the truth as we are all struggling with this.

You have made great progress! I like that you want to get out and date again very much. Having love in our lives really is a huge help.
You have my support no matter what sister. I'm cheering you onward!

Thank you, Painful One. Much love sister! I'm cheering you on as well!

P0kemama, thank you for stopping by and sharing your journey of strength and hope. You are truly an inspiration!! I read your posts and you were a driving force in me joining BL. Your story is similar to mine and you have really inspired me to stay strong. Much love to you!!

- SweetLeaf7

Sweetleaf7- I said for years that I drank to quiet the voices in my head. Life is hard and sometimes painful. Things like peer pressure, politics, public schools, etc. They all make me sit and think about shit that makes my life hurt, makes me have conversations with myself inside my own head. Not in a psychotic way, just a whole lot of ?chatter? in my mind.
Anything that can bring down the volume of the noise is welcomed. Sitting on the beach in Hawaii would do it. But since that?s not really an option..... opiates, alcohol, weed, sex..... they all work.

Amen Squeaky! Much love brother!

Today was my first day back to work after jumping off on 1/1. I ended up working 12 hrs, but it was a nice distraction. And now my confidence is high again! I did not use opiates today and it was a good day. I'm also getting into intermittent fasting to reset my cells. I got used to only eating dinner everyday during the w/d so it's easy now. Intermittent fasting can provide many health benefits in addition to losing weight. I'm pre-diabetic so I really have to reset my biomarkers with this approach. So far I continue to lose weight despite being on 300 mg of Lyrica per day and medical marijuana at night. I'm also noticing I'm having hobbies and interests again, hmmm. I know I will have ups and downs along my journey, but this is good stuff. :)

- SweetLeaf7

Today was my first day back to work after jumping off on 1/1. I ended up working 12 hrs, but it was a nice distraction. And now my confidence is high again! I did not use opiates today and it was a good day. I'm also getting into intermittent fasting to reset my cells. I got used to only eating dinner everyday during the w/d so it's easy now. Intermittent fasting can provide many health benefits in addition to losing weight. I'm pre-diabetic so I really have to reset my biomarkers with this approach. So far I continue to lose weight despite being on 300 mg of Lyrica per day and medical marijuana at night. I'm also noticing I'm having hobbies and interests again, hmmm. I know I will have ups and downs along my journey, but this is good stuff. :)

- SweetLeaf7

Stoked for you! You have a cool awareness that will serve you well. Go after those hobbies again :)

- SweetLeaf7

This has been my experience, I don't know what 1/1 means though. In terms of the benefits, though. I do so much more now, simply put. lol. I went through various degrees of cold turkey withdrawal as I have been chronically relapsing.

I also relapsed again just recently so that makes for a double relapse. I still felt like shit going on 3 weeks and I was tired. I have withdrawal symptoms these days that are very mild in comparison to a full blown detox and I am able to function and go about my day if I keep myself distracted. I am becoming a workaholic, in a sense. My creativity is flourishing.

I don't feel as bad this time but then again I didn't feel as bad last time either. But then again, over the holidays my life circumstances changed a lot. There is more going on here than just the drugs of course so I think that after the holidays I was naturally depressed for a bit and that led me to my last... I don't know what it was this time. It could have bee 2 days or 5. The time flew by, I remember my family stopping by and my dad yelling at me that I was so fuckin high on some fucking drug right now so I don't really know what is going on with them. I seem to have to have caught a break, since I had the excuse of having worked overnights for weeks but concerned the fuck out of them.

Keep relapsing but that was my last script unless I go to more drastic measures than a phone call. It's normally impulsive and I don't typically have cravings. On occasion I will find myself with a line of H on my mind, that's it. It is more the bite me in my sleep part.

It's weird though I find that I want to use less after this relapse. It reinstated hope that I had lost from the start of my last detox. I didn't have a good attitude. I have a better attitude about it now, essentially because there is more support. I'm not really dealing with withdrawal symptoms I can't handle at this point - I certainly don't need to taper, but it is by no means comfortable. My hardcore detox was back in the summer and since then it has been a week or two here or there, or a few days or even one use to throw me off balance. I had still been enough to fuck up my life, I'm improving in ways that are clear to me but I still need to quit for good.

Easier said than done when you've had a habit for a while. Taking a shower this morning was very uncomfortable. All of my senses are heightened. I spent the last 4 days almost entirely asleep, after using 2cc or 2cd daily for however long it has been. Couple months, though. Today is the first day I feel mentally normal after using all that extended release oxy again - it is the opposite of over the holidays. Back then it was all mental, I was totally drained but the physical part was bearable compared to this. Before that, I had a solid month symptom free. I didn't wake up sick, or anything like that, so I am finding this frustrating but I am finding this a lot of things. All I can do is try not to think about it for most of the time and focus on my health. I find that if you distract yourself and really initiate the effort to try and force you to go about your day even if your leg bones feel chained down with lead, that is the best thing to do because even if you feel like shit and do not enjoy yourself, you are going to recover faster and once you are recovered you are already going to be active.

This is the approach I can take now because my withdrawals are mild. Don't get me wrong, they are still extreme agony and very, very irritating. And they make me want a hit even more because I'm mentally capable enough to get it. I received a blessing though; I don't work this week. I really need to quit. And the girl who was away is home now. I didn't think she was interested in us anymore but she let me know last night in a subtle cute sorta way that she's been waiting for me to hit me up. Man, everything this girl says is spoken in some kinda riddle. It's silly.

This is something to be taken seriously though around day 5 - 6 last time my withdrawals got a lot worse. I'm focussing on nutrition this time, really paying attention, and today I am going for a stroll through the mall in the early afternoon (it's very cold out) and then tonight I am hitting up a yin yoga class. So, I am forcing myself to do stuff and if I don't start doing this today, I'm going to find myself in a bad situation. I was slouched over nodding in that chair for so long... it was bad. Couldn't tell what time it was... time just passed... I noticed there were less and less pills and started coming to...

Shroomy,

I am so happy to hear from you. I have been so worried about you! Thank you for checking in brother.
Sounds like you have got things in hand now. Well done. Though I am sure you don't feel very good, things are getting better and you are making progress and healing. Keep fighting this and stay active.

Really super glad to hear you have done something about having that prescription there every month. That makes it far too easy for you and will just keep you in a constant state of relapse and recovery. You have got this. Conquer it. Keep fighting and staying active. This is just a mental battle now and soon that will change also. Your brain will recover from the changes made and these thoughts that come up will happen less and less often until all of this nightmare is gone.

Sounds like a good girl you have there. She recognized you were having a personal problem and was waiting for you to work it out.
That sounds like the kind of woman you need.

Hang tough. <3

My surgery is in a week . A big one. They?re gonna pull out all my screws , break apart and reset the vertebrae, remove another disc, then put all new screws in from the opposite side.
My guess is I?ll br praying for death.
I was supposed to be getting off the oxy, but I have been going to work and I am in simply too much pain. Could barely walk this morning.

Squeaky, that sounds so gruesome.:( I hope that it wi<3ll do what it is supposed to do though and relieve some of the pain afterwards. My friend just had his second back surgery on his vertebrae; the first was a total failure but the pain had gotten so bad he agreed to try again. This one has been like a miracle. That is what I'm going to pray for for you. I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain.

Just be totally honest about your oxy intake , you have legitimate pain ! Once your healed then you can find your correct dose .

Oh Squeaky! That sounds bad. But you are going to come through this and you are going to feel better!
I'm praying for you. All the time. Try to keep a positive outlook. It will help.
I know you must be terrified. I feel you are going to be just fine. Possibly back to a way better quality of life soon.

The initial pain is going to be real rough. The doctors and hospitals have medications that will keep you comfortable or knocked out until it is comfortable. Don't worry. I'm sorry you have to endure this and I wish I could give you more comfort. I wanted you to know I'm here for you. If you need to talk or freak or anything, I have experience with major surgery and illness.

Don't worry about the pain medication right now. Your quality of life and comfort are the main concern.
Sending much love, healing, and good wishes Bro.

Painfulone, Larinar, Herbavore, thank you for the kind words. I know that others too like Pokemama and Shroomi are pulling for me.
It?s a little dumb, but everyone here has provided me with so much support....... It has really helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.