• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Positive The Tapering Supportive/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool man, I'm glad, that sounds positive and healthy. :) Regarding ibogaine bringing up memories, it's well-known to do that, to have you confront your past. However, in a flood dose, almost everyone reports that it's handled in a loving way. It's important that you bring up and address and resolve those memories probably, to your getting healthier mentally and resolving some issues. Therapy can do this, and so can ibogaine.

If you do a flood, make sure you have someone to watch over you the whole time and plan for it to take up to 3 days, and give yourself at least a week or preferably two afterwards to integrate and recover before getting back to responsibilities. Actually if you want to talk about ibogaine any more, I've done an at-home flood and I have a lot to say about it. It's a pretty big undertaking but it was really transformative for me.

Hi guys,

So good to hear that you have made some progress Shroomy. That is just the plan I was trying to advise you to do. Keep yourself stable. Using a daily low dose does make you feel good and does help with chronic pain. It is not soul or spirit stealing either.
Going through that horrific withdrawal all the time is too much for anyone.

I agree with the Ibogaine treatment. I am all for that actually. After having a near death experience myself, I know the remarkable benefits this kind of thing can and does have. I agree with Xorkoth and am happy for him/her finding this way! Well done!
I think it is very much necessary to get at the root of the problem.

Keep up the great work everyone. I hope you all are doing well today. Sending love and support to you all.

I have been sitting on the ibogaine since I started using opiates 5 years ago, or I guess even longer than that now, as I knew I might want it some day when I was an addict. I knew I was going to get hooked when I started and began with H, clearly I'd want it all the time, as I had been trying to treat my back pain for 2 years without any meds at all and was fed up.

I haven't tried the ibogaine because for one I had been hiding those memories from myself and nothing else had unlocked those before. And they are very very nasty. I am not worried about what I would see, I am concerned about strain on the heart. I am young still 29 and have a healthy heart and normal blood pressure, but every time I have a panic attack (pretty much daily even with benzos) I feel like my heart is being squeezed in a vice grip. Every one of my panic attacks feels like I am having a heart attack, but I'm not. I can handle coke and a little speed fine and most drugs don't affect that, but I am weary of ibogaine for that specific reason. I also have plenty of time to take it in the future, so why not wait a little while and see if I can work things out on my own? If anything I'd hit a little DMT these days because I am very comfortable with relatively high (50 - 60mg) doses of that, and it doesn't put any strain on my spine, only lasting 15 minutes and looking like I am taking a nap. I also find DMT very healing.

Can't say I don't have cravings all day for that energy and pain relief. As soon as 8pm hits, I get busy applying for jobs and doing things that I need to be doing to get my life in order regardless of the drugs. I just know that if I take any more than 30mg at night, the withdrawals will be too depressing to handle. I have hardly noticed them today apart from cravings and very restless legs (and my back pain of course, which is horrible, and it's nice to get some actual relief if I keep my tolerance low).

I just plan things around when I dose if it's like a social event or something. Chilling with my brother tomorrow night, grabbing a coffee and sandwich at 9pm, for him likely beer. We have the funniest convos sober or not but it's fun to be high around him and he knows about all this shit going on, we are best friends.

I'm doing well but if I use that stuff more than the amount I mentioned I become blatantly suicidal. I am actually really lucky in that I was expecting 10 days of living hell from that slight relapse. It didn't set me back to square one at all, and I am glad that I didn't wake up on the 5th day and continue dosing like crazy as I would be out of pills by now. Luckily I have come to my senses for the time being. Way too much, like seriously, just way too much is going on right now for me to be completely clean and it's not really an excuse. If I can handle the cravings and never give in until night time, I will get relief and my life will benefit. As I distance myself from the coke binge (I could never ever do this with coke haha, I abuse it until it is gone no question so I just can't use it anymore) and also from the relapse, and my body adjusts to only using drugs at night (even with smoking 20 joints a day to 1 or 2 at night, that is a big change for me) - I feel that I will improve over time.

Hope you friends are doing well today too. I'm still reading my book. I might need a coffee to get me through the last few hours of opioid abstinence but I also feel that it is good for me to be experiencing cravings and dealing with them. In a way it is preparing me to possibly be off the drugs in the future, although I could probably keep this routine up for a long time if I don't slip. One morning dose, and it's over though. I'll have to try something different if that happens.

Cool man. :) I'm glad you seem to have found a stable place. Regarding panic attacks and your heart, I've never had a panic attack personally but it's really common, from what I've read, to feel like you're having a heart attack, but in fact you aren't nor are you about to, it just feels that way. IF you do want to do ibogaine sometime, you should get your heart checked before, make sure it's good, but I wouldn't worry about that unless you actually have a fragile heart.

I'm not quite there yet, but this would be a nice stable place for me if I keep it up. The cravings are bad (even for joints a little) and I'll likely slowly phase out the oxy at night, start skipping days. Turmeric helps more than anything for my back.

I have had my heart checked out when these attacks started, and my heart is very healthy, blood pressure is good too. I'd worry about having a hardcore panic attack on ibogaine, but if I can handle acid and other psychedelics and stimulants then maybe that fear is unjustified. I've just heard of deaths occurring on ibogaine and heart attacks before so it's definitely something I need to treat with respect (pretty sure I've heard of deaths occurring from opiates too... I'm such a dumbass, never even once considered that could be me). I wouldn't be using it to quit opiates... I'd be using it to change my whole entire perspective on life (or try to). I probably have it for a reason, I have no source whatsoever for that anymore. My low dose experience was phenomenal, but very physically stimulating. I like that the chemical structure of it is oddly similar to 5-meo-dmt in a way... it's a very interesting molecular structure to me. Not sure if I'd want to use ibogaine, or the total alkaloid extract I have but it would definitely be in a non-medical (but as safe as possible) setting.

Can't wait to get some relief in an hour, my back is absolutely killing me and it's been a rough evening. I'm hoping to get at least 10 job applications out tonight tomorrow being Monday and all. If I quit opiates just to sit around and not deal with anything, I may as well be numb all the time. Thanks for the advice, if I go ahead with the ibogaine at some point I'll definitely pm you about a flood dose. Would need a trip sitter for 3 days... might be hard to find lol, but I know one psychedelic using friend who is interested in trying it too (who doesn't use opiates) so me and my buddy could probably trip sit each other if we had a week break haha.

Personally I wasn't afraid at all on ibogaine, I was terrified beforehand though. Some people report fear but most find it to be a very kind guiding sort of trip, fear was no part of it for me. I can't say whether that would be the case for you or not, but that's how it was for me. I found it incredibly powerful for making psychological/life pattern changes. It reset me on some deep level and I came out of it with the desire to make a lot of changes, and then I did, and it's been pretty amazing for me.

Really trying to destress tonight man. Was going to push myself for a job but, got really stoned and took 30mg oxy so... did one application so far. At least it is in mind, and the one cover letter I wrote was solid. I could have continued and be at my fullest potential, but decided to have a discussion with family about history, do some yoga, talk to my bro about movies... it's just all about de-stressing tonight.
Been way too high strung lately it is ridiculous. I'm thinking if I just have a good time tonight, I'll be able to get some stuff done tomorrow sober. I've been having an incredible, really relaxing night. I was writing / rapping freestyle rhymes that were entwined with spiritual thoughts and I was just nailing it lol. Man, giggling my ass off seriously! I miss getting stoned like this... no idea why I have been chain smoking weed throughout the day. I don't even get high anymore.
So I'm taking this new approach and trying to respect the stuff I take instead of constantly abusing my body. I feel like the relief will do me well, since I seriously need to take a step back and chill out. I'm just shy of 30 there is plenty of time, I don't know why I get so worked up like that. Then if I'm in pain or whatever tomorrow I might be able to relax about it a little more since I had so much fun just chilling tonight.
Hoping tomorrow I wake up in mild withdrawal (predictably) - but in high spirits. That's the important thing to me. I want to be happy and without needing anything to be that way.
I had a really good night though and needed this. Tomorrow should be really fun too, I have plans to chill at a pub with my brother. Keeping social is as important as getting out in nature for me to stay sane.
I think Ibogaine is something I will try later in life since I can't really see myself going through this incarnation without discovering what it is like. Seems really unique of an experience.

Really trying to destress tonight man. Was going to push myself for a job but, got really stoned and took 30mg oxy so... did one application so far. At least it is in mind, and the one cover letter I wrote was solid. I could have continued and be at my fullest potential, but decided to have a discussion with family about history, do some yoga, talk to my bro about movies... it's just all about de-stressing tonight.
Been way too high strung lately it is ridiculous. I'm thinking if I just have a good time tonight, I'll be able to get some stuff done tomorrow sober. I've been having an incredible, really relaxing night. I was writing / rapping freestyle rhymes that were entwined with spiritual thoughts and I was just nailing it lol. Man, giggling my ass off seriously! I miss getting stoned like this... no idea why I have been chain smoking weed throughout the day. I don't even get high anymore.
So I'm taking this new approach and trying to respect the stuff I take instead of constantly abusing my body. I feel like the relief will do me well, since I seriously need to take a step back and chill out. I'm just shy of 30 there is plenty of time, I don't know why I get so worked up like that. Then if I'm in pain or whatever tomorrow I might be able to relax about it a little more since I had so much fun just chilling tonight.
Hoping tomorrow I wake up in mild withdrawal (predictably) - but in high spirits. That's the important thing to me. I want to be happy and without needing anything to be that way.
I had a really good night though and needed this. Tomorrow should be really fun too, I have plans to chill at a pub with my brother. Keeping social is as important as getting out in nature for me to stay sane.
I think Ibogaine is something I will try later in life since I can't really see myself going through this incarnation without discovering what it is like. Seems really unique of an experience.

Hey Shroomy,

I've watched and read all of your posts through both of our ups and downs. Trust me, I know how you feel. One theme I've noticed in many posts is the inability to taper without help. Do you have a doc you could explain things too? Try an older guy whose been around for awhile. The doc I found prescribed Clonidine and something to help me sleep. I've suffered through it with Kratom, which I'm starting to taper now. I have screwed up one time but it made me mad and I had three days of bad withdrawals. I figured I deserved it for being stupid.

Also I stayed away from Bluelight for about three weeks. I figured you guys were sick of me and reading many of the posts really depressed the hell out of me. I needed a break. I started reading again this morning and was reminded of the overwhelming support you and others gave me at one of the roughest periods of my life. OK, I've rambled enough. Just know that I'm there for you and ready to be your cheerleader. All my best thoughts and prayers to you from the best part of my heart.

LV

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.”

? Abraham Lincoln

LV

Last edited:

Awesome man, yeah sometimes you just need a good night. :) De-stressing is really important.

And yeah weed is so much better when you don't try to stay high all the time. I love the giggles. :)

I'm rebuilding a social life too and that is really so important because a lot of the reason I use is that I am lonely. Not enough friends these days so I need to make new ones. My brother is my best friend and a fellow amazing musician. I don't exchange I love you's every time we chill with any of my other male friends lol but he's my little bro! Love the guy and he's always encouraging me to keep clean without being scolding about it (and the only one in my family who knows anything apart from that I've been trying to quit my oxy script used as prescribed).

All his friends are arts type creative people and I have been really enjoying getting to know them too and it's nice to be around youth (I always just say I'm 5 years younger than I am, because that is where I feel I'm at in life and my healthy is phenomenal, I do a lot of yoga and I am a vegetarian most of the time). I have some stoner friends to chill with, people with common interests it's nice. I didn't have that a couple months ago. If I have to use a bit while I get my shit together (I haven't even worked in a year) then so be it. The chronic pain in itself is extremely hard to deal with - let alone a lot of other things I need to address. Once I have a happier life, staying clean (not getting clean) will be a lot easier and that is the harder part. I feel like I'm getting clean to not stay clean these days and I end up chipping, and it's because I'm very frustrated with where I'm at, but at least I'm not doing heroin anymore and have absolutely no desire too... I am taking less than my prescribed dose of oxycodone per day because I really want to avoid that shit. I'm not getting a counterfeit pill and dying on my bro, and it's still hard to believe I took it to daily habitual intranasal use for years on end. At least I'm not screwing my nose up with oxy's too, I'm just trying to see the positives and that I actually am under a little better control now and with a much lower tolerance than earlier this year.

Destressing really helped my mood today, I was giggling so much last night and even this morning before I smoked too. Just in a good mood, and very mild withdrawals (basic lethargy and restless legs, no suicidal depression I honestly only get that in moderate to intense opiate withdrawal, and it can last a week... extremely dangerous). Didn't really get anything done like I wanted to except a cover letter that was full of fun plays on words and positivity (but I think might have actually be well done). Even if I smoked a few cannons this morning, I love weed it's just nice to take breaks and I don't want to be high all the time.

When I hang out with my younger bro later today for coffee, beer, and sandwiches at a chill coffee shop type spot, that will be my high time today (with oxy's). I like to smoke weed alone for the most part, so that I can play guitar and do yoga or write in my journal; that sort of stuff. I've been doing that this morning, but I'll stop for the rest of the day and have crazy dreams tonight. Not really meant for chilling with someone I have to be a role model to even if weed ain't so bad, we both got the fiend genes and I know he's already experimented with some hard stuff... more than myself at that age. I'll take a coffee over a beer tonight too, to help him realize that we don't really need that since we're best friends. We know things about each other that our parents would kill either of us over and it's dicey and the inside jokes are too funny. Never gotten stoned or anything with him but I probably will one day, but only that and dmt if he is interested. Since DMT is my favourite psychedelic, and would be his too from everything I know about him.

Laughter is lovely medicine. I haven't laughed like that in ages and it really made me realize that I need to lighten up a little, whether I'm high, sober, or withdrawing I should be capable of smiling and laughing. I know that I can control my mind better to avoid those negative feelings, especially i I stay away from hard drugs. You were right dude the coke really fucked my head up for while. The last time I laughed that hard was my friend showed me a little skit called antisocial - an modern dating horror story (it's seriously hilarious on youtube... check it out man guaranteed laughs).

So today I'm getting my guitar practice in, and then socializing with my bro later just us two which I'm really excited about. Life is just too short to have shit like this bring me down so much, even if I got a job at a chill place my life would improve so much. There is so much I need to work on, and I don't think it's the right time to cold turkey opiates. I'm not interested in maintenance therapy, I want to get into a therapist and a psychologist and allow them to help me see what's really going on. It doesn't have to be all serious like that though. When my girl from the summer moved away suddenly, it was heartbreaking to me. I knew it was impossible to work out since she is too far away now and it has made me really depressed. I was really into her and excited, I guess you could sense that. I'm not looking anymore, but if a casual friend comes along for fun, I haven't really had anything other than 3 relationships anyway so I think that would just add to my healthy social life if I could meet a chill girl but not jump into a relationship while I'm still getting well (but still have that kind of healthy fun... haha). It's just not my priority though, but it would be nice and I don't think that will be a problem at all.

I guess this is a social thread too, and being positive about recovery and keeping it in mind whether one is using or not is very important. I find this especially hard with relapses, because they make me feel like I suffered all for nothing but that just isn't true, and it takes a while for debilitating withdrawals to return. So my goal today is to look for work, call back about an interview I am setting up, and just try and enjoy myself and have a pleasant day. I can't be miserable and squander my potential, so of these mind tricks and flaws I need to let go of are worse than the oxy itself and fuelling my drug use. I'm lucky to be alive after sniffing so much H over five year and many other opiates, and experimenting with iv use this year. I don't think I could abuse myself like that again. Oxy is one thing and I'm not saying it's good, but it is certainly safer since I get my meds from the legal pushers... my good old doc.

Have a good one man, I'm going to have a coffee and start guitar practice soon while cross-legged on my meditation cushion (this is actually a hilarious way of slowly getting into lotus position, since after jamming for an hour and allowing gravity to do its thing as opposed to resisting the energy, I'm getting really flexible that way, it's nice. So yeah Have a good one! I'm really trying to keep positive but it's tough sometimes. I just know I am so much better than this and I don't mean the drugs, I mean what I am capable of with or without drugs. There is a deep, dark depression that is locking up my potential and I need to see the light of life through my eyes like I once did. Getting out and making new friends is really helping, I'm not the type of person that can be socially isolated. It's nice to talk to cute women too even if there's way too much for a relationship going on at the moment, I'm really excited for tonight. My bro as an artist always knows the chillest spots for this kind of thing and have some films we both watched to discuss. Should be wonderful.

Have a good day!

Last edited:
Nice, glad to hear your thoughts. :) I'm about to practice piano myself. :) Laughter is indeed great medicine... so is music!

I was teaching my romance-lady over the summer her keyboard, but I have never touched one before lol. I just picked up some music theory while teaching myself guitar, and realized that I can transmute my knowledge to any instrument. It was easy showing her chords in the different keys and just messing around with synth and stuff, but super fun! I like creative women in case you can't tell haha. I can't sketch or paint for shit - it's all music for me - so I find that kind of stuff fascinating.
The hardcore type guitar I play is great for releasing negative emotions... I am about to practice myself. Then meeting up with my brother later on will be great.
Really trying to stay positive, my spine is hurting like hell. Making my second veggie pasta of the day, this time with some avocado instead of cheese so I hope all the healthy nutrition helps too.

amen brother

Yes Amen my brothers!
We are musical people. Sensitive people.

Everyone is doing great. Keep going friends. So good to hear from Lost Vet. All of you guys are always in my prayers.
Keep on rockin in the free world!

I love this forum, I don't know why I stopped posting in here for years. :) <3

This forum is amazing, I have met one very good friend on here who I talk to on a regular basis now like any other of my good friends. I often wonder if I have helped anyone somehow, whether indirectly or directly, even one single person would be worth it. It really is not fun to have a heavy opiate habits with concomitant health issues. I also really like that I have shared a lot of harm reduction information I learned from here with my friends in "real life", like pill testing with friends who often listened and were happy to gain the knowledge. When it comes to addiction, people seem unwilling to listen though, including myself. That part is still a lot harder for me to understand, and to figure out a constructive way of approaching someone about it (including my own ego haha).

After debilitating chronic pain hit, my musical ability became much stronger. It became a necessity to keep healthy for me, if only my damn back didn't hurt so much when I play for a while.
Hope everyone had a nice Halloween. I slept from 2 to 10, so pretty much all day and I'm on a scary movie marathon now. You guys are in my prayers too.

I'm really just trying to keep the hard drug use to a minimum and if I need a hit I can smoke some grass, it's that special time of year in weed-days after all. Also, sticking to prescribed meds is critical for me even if I abuse them, I can suffer the consequences of that instead of seeking out H or another hit which just seems insane to me now. Although, I cannot admit to being the most mentally stable guy around. I like to think I got some cool stuff going on inside my head too though%)

I'm in reasonably high spirits and my daily oxy dose really isn't too high anymore considering this dreadful back pain. There really is no solution to it so it becomes a best option sort of thing. I haven't done any H since the end of June or July... this summer was such a blur I can't remember presently - but it's been a very long while since I have touched heroin apart from blowing through a gram in a couple of days about a month ago. I can't see myself using that drug again, it's much more dangerous and the issue with tolerance truly becomes extreme through using that stuff so I think it's an accomplishment in itself that I have gone back to on/off pill use. I should get clean at some point but so long as I feel happy and clean inside, what matters to me now is getting a lot of other issues in my life under control as well. I can start with some simpler goals and work my way back to normality.

I'd really like to try 5-meo-dmt since dmt has helped me so much in recovery (it honestly really has, and I am often very self-sceptible and questioning of whether or not psychedelics are helping my actual life at the present time or just expanding my awareness of things... I seem to have never gotten more out of them in m life than I do these days - surprisingly, with all the life problems and generally very rough time of my life). And with having such bad chronic pain, the short acting psychedelics are my preference. Dmt was incredible healing that I'd like to vape 5 or 10 milligrams of 5-meo-dmt, I have been interested in that one for so many year and ressearched the hell out of it

Curious if anyone else who is quitting and dealing with chronic pain has experimented with psychedelics during the healing process? I find weed to be a solid healthy meditation in moderation, and appetite/sleep stimulant habitually smoking doesn't help my pain or anything much though. And yeah... dmt is my favourite, followed by strange things like 4-aco-dmt, 4-ho-met, and 4-ho-mip, shroomst. Those trip me out, and are generally speaking rather sedative for psychedelics (better for chronic pain sufferers) -

I think I'm addicted to pregabalin now, nice, how do I quit this one? Maybe getting some gbl for 1 week and this way I can quit them...

GBL will probably help, but pregabalin actually mostly exerts its effects indirectly through the ?2? subunit. So it and GBL are active through different mechanisms.

Really, withdrawal from gabapentinoids like pregabalin and phenibut is not the worst, opiates and benzos are FAR worse, so much worse. I have a couple of friends who have withdrawn from pregabalin, and I have withdrawn from phenibut which is similar. I went cold turkey after tapering down in how often I was taking it. I went from daily to every other day, then after a while when I felt like I didn't start to withdraw half a day before the next dose, and I jumped to every 3 days. Then every 4 for a few times, then I just jumped off. In this way the withdrawal was minimized. However, I still did withdraw. I never felt too bad, it was never physical except that I had a hard time sleeping. Mostly what I felt was these waves of irrational anxiety, bordering on paranoia sometimes. I'd get swept up in a thought process sometimes that made me extremely anxious. Then after a short bit, I would realize it had happened and then I'd feel mostly normal for a while. These episodes happened less and less often and after about a month I felt normal again (I had been taking phenibut every third day, then every other day for years, and then I had a short period of daily and started to work on quitting after that. So a pretty long time taking it on a schedule.). It really wasn't too bad. Alcohol covered it up some, but not totally, and then after the main alcohol effects it made me feel like I was withdrawing harder.

It was never too bad, I still had a lot of good moments and laughs and joys during that time, I just also had some difficult mental processes I had to sort through. But it was totally manageable. However as I mentioned, I did taper it down. For me it didn't work so well to taper down dose, although I did do that some. It worked better to extend the time between doses.

Do you think 5-meo-dmt could benefit me? I find DMT the most healing of all I have tried so far, and I have used it extensively at 50 - 60mg. I've been sitting on 5-meo for a long time and I feel like the time is finally right (strangely enough, regardless of what I am going through, I feel like I matured a lot this year). Since I've grown quite comfortable with dmt, and also using it in acute withdrawal, I am considering it's crazy cousin. I have read Tryptamine Palace and that really peaked my interest, and I've never feared DMT so I'm thinking about getting out into the great outdoor with my dab rib sometimes soon, laying down and hitting 10 milligrams. I need to heal from a dark depression and psychedelics have helped me out years before in my life.
I sometimes randomly get feelings for certain chems, like I can sense their particular vibration. This summer it was all DMT, and I ended up vaping a couple grams of the stuff. I had challenging but never physically draining trips and not anything I would call bad by any means (some creepy visuals though, haha).
Not really wanting to get high but I know these naturally occurring entheogens can and have helped me work through things in the past. After smoking a couple grams of dmt this summer (mainly in 50mg doses, I never went higher than 60, but would sometimes use it on the hour for 3 or 4 hours in a row, which turned out to be very intense). I realized recently that those trips changed the way I perceive reality (once again) but not in a bad way at all. I'm getting that same feeling with 5-meo-dmt now but I bet I'd only end up hitting it once, haha.

Hey I wondered if you folks have any advice for me? I'm on huge amounts of gabapentin which have lost all benefit for me n actually now I'm horribly sluggish, depressed and hurting all the time both mentally and physically. Doctors won't do a damned thing for me but raise the gabapentin. I have gained 34 pounds taking it. As I said it doesn't even help anything anymore.

I had gotten a small round of tianeptine that I bought online. . . It wasn't enough to gauge whether there was any benefit. So now I just ordered a larger quantity today.

I wonder about kratom? Would that be a better option than tianeptine at replacing the gabapentin? I take gabapentin for neuropathy and for migraine prevention.

I'm getting horribly depressed. I sit around doing nothing but hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.