• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

No problem. But use it as directed please. I would hate for anyone to hurt themselves when completely avoidable.

Yes, I'm very conscious of that. I realise that there are no guarantees with advice on this kind of thing anyway. It really was for someone else I was asking anyway. I've been using phenibut once/twice a week for a couple of months and so far it has been very helpful.

Wow, I have been reading through some material here, and am actually kinda shocked by the fact that this stuff might actually be helpful. I mean seriously, anything to kill the cringe of withdrawals (from opioids). I actually tore off a couple of hours ago looking for some. And over the years I have been prescribed huge bottles of the stuff....straight to the garbage. I remember this younger kid who had been taking aderal since he was like 7 or something crazy like that . And he told me to try some for withdrawals, that at around 1500 mg, it helped his withdrawals. I just thought the kids was twizacked! But at the prospect of feeling better I am almost ready to give it a shot.

Especially if it is helpful with kratom...which I am currently using to stave off the withdrawal symptoms. So...out of sheer desperation, basically.

I remember trying it once...a loooong time ago. And found it to be absolutely worthless compared to my norcos and valium at the time.

So I would just throw the stuff out, gave it away a few times. To the tweaker kid, who seemed unusually stoked to get that big ol bottle...I remember thinking "I guess he hasn't tried the weed here yet . funny mainlander." lol. Anyway, I looked all over. Couldn't find any though. I come?across some, it will likely be 2-3 years old. At least. I may still give it a shot.

If someone was long term on pregabalin (lyrica) would they still feel the good effects of phenibut as an occasional recreational thing?

The anti-anxiety angle with phenibut (that I think most people are after) is the same one pregabalin uses. They will definitely be cross tolerant at calcium channels. But phenibut has some extra GABABR activity that should still come through. Not sure how that feels though. I guess for opioid WD a muscle-relaxer would still benefit.

EDIT: opioid WD not opioid OD. You don't need muscle relaxers for OD I don't think.

Last edited:
Nope, but I did find some Lyrica that's only about 2 and a half years old. Thinking about it...messing with these gabba drugs, just because I am in a state of mind where I just want to do some real dope....maybe isn't the best idea.

But as of the last 10 years or so..the decisions that I have made have been less than well chosen. Much of the time. lol.

Gabapentin gives me some pretty positive anti-anxiety feelings. It's not subtle, way better than three cold pints of your favorite strong beer-type feelings. Lyrica's a little trickier with dose escalation, I think. Meanwhile, phenibut has the lowest potency of them all, by a lot. So you limit yourself by sheer mass of drug.

Well shoots, I decided not to take the Lyrica. I was afraid of its making me feel worse. And just stuck with kratom. All good now though. And I am surprised to hear the horrible withdrawal stories about people who are taking these medications. I definitely don't need any new issues.

^ You're withdrawing from opiates, right? Sticking to kratom is your best bet because it's closest to an opiate. If you didn't have kratom, then Gabapentin might help. I always wanted to try Lyrica because I heard it's way stronger than Gabapentin. Lyrica is supposedly very expensive, that's the only problem.
Gabapentin works so well for anxiety and a mood lift, it also helps with Adderall comedown or withdrawals.

Kratom also helps with Adderall comedown and the low mood/fatigue that can happen if you go through withdrawals.

Gabapentin is something that always comes in handy. If you're expecting it to feel just as good as whatever you're coming off of, you'll be very disappointed. But it will get you through the hard times and you can go back to feeling "normal".

Phenibut is better than nothing in case Gabapentin isn't available. Gabapentin is preferable though, to me anyway.

The euphoria and amazing mood boost phenibut used to give me is long gone.

C2C. Thank you for the information. I have the Lyrica, but I am reluctant to try it. I will keep it around though just in case. You never know.

Felt like my heart was about to stop tonight:

It's been some months since I messed around with phenibut, but I got some to fill in as an anti-anxiety medication. Also, I'm sick of relying on someone for Gabapentin so I figured phenibut would be a good substitute.

Tonight, I was reminded why I need to leave this alone. There is a disturbing side effect that makes me feel like my heart is going to stop!
I had a great day on it, felt a lot of love and was singing at the top of my lungs all day. An overall cheerful mood. I dozed off a few hours ago and when I woke up, I felt like my heart was about to stop. At one point, I was kinda prepared to die, kinda like my very last thought was "Uh oh, this is it!" My heart felt like it almost slowed to a complete stop, but then I noticed I kept breathing somehow. It's hard to explain, but the sheer terror of it is something I never want anyone to experience so watch out.

I forgot waking up and feeling like my heart is going to stop is one of the side effects I had in the past. Well, that was a waste of money. Done with it because maybe it's a severe panic attack or maybe my heart could actually stop if I keep taking it. Who knows... Just making a note in case others are experiencing heart trouble with this. I can't be the only one.

I love the stuff but also feel like there is something fishy about it. I think it’s precribed in 500mg so maybe I just dose too high but 1g a day often causes an odd pain in the back of my head and if I dose for more than 3 days it really feels like it’s tearing up both my stomach and kidneys. This all with the HCL. Hopefully the different forms aren’t as hard on the body as it really is a Godsend for benzo withdrawal.

Yes, it can cause tummy discomfort and heavy on the kidneys. I took HCL too and it's just heavy on the body. I have to take 3 grams just to feel anything. It's always been that way, so yesterday was 4 grams. You reminded me I had to take an Ibuprofen for my head last night. The left side of my brain was hurting bad.

Be careful of symptoms, the tummy discomfort never bothered me as much as feeling like I'm about to meet my maker due to a heart attack. When I die, I'll be damned if it's stupid phenibut that takes me out. haha Done.

The FAA is more gentle on the system so give that a try. FAA doesn't make me feel as good as HCL though, as far as that manic euphoria. I can tell a difference, but it is easier on the system. Not worth ordering for me though.

I just can’t stand the vile taste of this stuff and even though I have some of it left I am unable to take just a low dose - just the memories of it’s bitterness are enough to make me gag. A disgusting Chemical!

I just can?t stand the vile taste of this stuff and even though I have some of it left I am unable to take just a low dose - just the memories of it?s bitterness are enough to make me gag. A disgusting Chemical!

You could put the powder into empty capsules so you won't have to taste it. It is a nasty chemical though. When you taste it, it makes you realize it cannot be good for your body.

I haven't taken any today and I still have a sour stomach type of feeling from yesterday's dose. It's gross stuff.

That’s right and if I should ever feel the urge to take sum Phenibut, I’ll do that! Thanks :)

I know everything is kinda aquired taste and that it takes something like a crazy sorta „effort“ to feel a Chemical, learn from it and if it’s your „thing“, learn to appreciate what it has to offer. I never really got past the point of learning, or precisely, even though I’m sure to know most of it’s pros and cons and took it very often and in all kinda doses, it’s definitely not mine... I thought of Phenibut to be sort of a recreational benzo, but even those were more abusable even though they’re plain cold medicine and never really felt „satisfying“ like Opioids/Opiates ok their own - without the exception of a few combos (Heroin & Diazepam, almost euphoric/MXE & Tetrazepam, not dulling the ACH but relaxes, or MDPV & Pyrazolam). I am thinking about it till today if it was much because of the Phenibut but I just had a single time, where I massively overdosed on it and also took a damn lot of booze and other sedatives (enough to definitely kill someone else who’s weighing 30 pounds less and not having the not too super superpower, the ability to tolerate/withstand the most unholy high amounts of nearly everything) and the day after had a strange experience-thing going on, where I was totally hilarious and euphoric all day long, sometimes unable to quit sentences because of me constantly bursting out in laughter -

PHENIBUT IS REALLY FUCKING DANGEROUS
AFTER TAKING NONSTOP 60 500 mg pills my liver just nearly died, my shit was white and i probably never really recovered from that incident, i really enjoyed taking those high doses, the high is actually one of the best I experienced so far. But taking 8000mg for weeks was a bad idea for sure, its definitely a very aggressive liver poison, so anyone taking it should never overdose or take high doses on a daily base, being a great fan of GHB, GBL I can not recommend it. Phenibut became the very last choice for me, there is lot of other Substances that are far less dangerous to take. It really can damage your liver very bad, dont think it is the same like alcohol. The acute damage may last you forever and i am not the only one who experienced this effect.

PHENIBUT IS REALLY FUCKING DANGEROUS
AFTER TAKING NONSTOP 60 500 mg pills my liver just nearly died, my shit was white and i probably never really recovered from that incident, i really enjoyed taking those high doses, the high is actually one of the best I experienced so far. But taking 8000mg for weeks was a bad idea for sure, its definitely a very aggressive liver poison, so anyone taking it should never overdose or take high doses on a daily base, being a great fan of GHB, GBL I can not recommend it. Phenibut became the very last choice for me, there is lot of other Substances that are far less dangerous to take. It really can damage your liver very bad, dont think it is the same like alcohol. The acute damage may last you forever and i am not the only one who experienced this effect.

Thank you for sharing that. Phenibut is certainly not worth risking your health and your life. As a matter of fact, it's not even a necessity. Addiction lies to you and convinces you that you need it.

Are you safely off of those high doses now? I'd rather take Gabapentin any day. At least it doesn't make my body feel like a toxic wasteland.
Gabapentin can be used to wean off of phenibut. People say Baclofen can too, but Gabapentin does the job just fine. Or any benzo really, as long as it's only taken for short-term to help with withdrawal. Don't want to replace one addiction with another.

Keep the benzo usage very short term. I’ve been stuck in the limbo of Kratom>benzos>sobriety>phenibut>benzos for s few years now.

Keep the benzo usage very short term. I?ve been stuck in the limbo of Kratom>benzos>sobriety>phenibut>benzos for s few years now.

I recommend looking into sublingval Validol, Valerian root extract, Lemon Balm Extract, Magnolia Bark Extract, Taurine, L-theanine - all of them are relaxing GABA acting stuff that is not so addictive and bad and may actually be healthy in some cases.
Those with GABAergic addictions, please look into those supplements!

And yes, high doses of Phenibut are very damaging to the liver as thats how its primarily metabolized. Look into Milk Thistle extract to aid liver metabolism but be careful with it as it has numerous interactions with pharma drugs and drugs in general.

Also, if you already have weakened liver (alcoholism, hepatitis or other reasons), the already long post action of Phenibut will be increased, quite a lot in severe cases. A person I know with Hepatitis C has had a very long come down from a single Phenibut dose - almost 3 days of nervous stimulation, inability to sleep, anxiety and body aches.

I think it's not advisable to take Phenibut with weak livers at all.

Be safe! ;)

Last edited:
Hey just found this thread, hi! I could use some much needed help yall. I'm going threw my first possible Withdrawls for any substance and would love your guys input on possibly the best taper schedule I can come up with for Phenibut with what I have available to me. Was thinking maybe a short cycle of multiple things in a small enough span to not just trade addictions, like in particular Baclofen.

I'm almost 8 months on my daily phenibut use of 2-3 grams a day that was to suppress with my severe depression and social anxiety. I was in a very dark place, and this helped give me new life, but obviously unsustainable. I've also developed hearing impairment and tinnitus recently in my right ear during a taper from 3g to 2.2 over the course of two months. Plus being a depressed stressed out moron and carelessly abusing music while on this substance as well, all the time since I started. Hopefully this will go away after I quit, but my hearing for my right ear has diminished significantly. So yeah, i'm trying to get off this ASAP before I develop other long lasting sides from this.

I'm currently on 2.27 grams a day and now have 60x 10mg baclofen avaliable.

If anyone could possibly help me with a schedule, that would have me suffer minimal withdrawls please? On top of the 60x 10mg baclofen. I have 25x 2mg etizolam. a kilo of kratom, 20mg xr adderall (doubt this will be helpful) Kava (which i've never tried) L-Theanine and melatonin for sleep.

I've read that 10mg of baclofen equals to one gram of phenibut. Is this true though?

Was possibly thinking about tapering down to 2g of Phenibut a day then hoping right onto 20mg of Baclofen, maybe split up threw the day. But unsure how long I should stay on it or when to taper off it as I only have 60. Was wondering if there was anyway I could take Baclofen just enough before getting addicted to it? Possibly by cycling with what I currently have? Like maybe a three or four days max of etizolam afterwords and then kava and kratom or something else like Beta Alaine and fasoracetam for for the rest? Would love some recommendations or success stories with these options, ty.