• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

Lol, I was expecting you to at least explain what kind of effect you were experiencing.

Be careful with phenibut, especially when you're saying it's "real fucking strong" and taking it two, or more days in a row. That stuff is very addictive.

I took 5 grams first time and was sick for 12 hours

That is way too much for the first time! Even 3 grams is way too much for the first time. People please start low and work your way up. Can't stress that enough. People underestimate the strength of phenibut, but getting sick on it makes you wish you were dead just to escape that feeling.

And this thread' purpose is what? If you just came to share with us about your phenibut use, I think I'll move this to BDD (which is cool).

I don't really mean to be a dick about it, but maybe I kinda do a little ;)

Yeah I was basically posting because I saw that someone was advocating using really high doses at first and reporting on some of the dangers.

Then I used experiences to state the confusion and the black outs and seizures.

I've been using only phenibut and gabapentin lately. It's been making me feel good, but it keeps me up all day and night. I'm usually an insomniac anyway, but I think the phenibut and gabapentin combo makes me more awake and alert than usual. It makes me also tweet a lot more because I feel confident in myself and my opinions. I'm no longer second-guessing myself.

Ritalin is not approved by my insurance any longer so I'm not taking it. It's actually a blessing I can no longer get Ritalin because I started to abuse it and then went into the darkest depression ever when I ran out. So this month I'm only using phenibut/gabapentin. A benzo would be nice. I mentioned that before. It would calm me down from this "high".

How long did the Ritalin depression last after you stop? And do u use gabapentin and phenibut daily? Idk what would be a worse cessitation.

How long did the Ritalin depression last after you stop? And do u use gabapentin and phenibut daily? Idk what would be a worse cessitation.

The Ritalin depression lasted about 2 weeks. I felt suicidal. If anyone is taking Ritalin regularly, I would recommend tapering.

I have been using gabapentin and phenibut quite a bit this month which isn't good in the long run, but right now, it's helping me through my days. I am not suicidal, anxious and depressed all day and night so I'm just glad to have some relief. Btw, I have major depression and anxiety. That is my natural state of mind so honestly, anything that can help me combat that is welcome. I probably don't even need to take phenibut and gabapentin at the same time and I wouldn't recommend it. It's a habit, only since the beginning of this month. Probably just because I have both of those things around.

I've come off phenibut in the past so I'm not worried about it. When it stops working well, I'll taper and leave it alone.

Last edited:
4g is a hell of a lot of phenibut. If you only use it once a week, go for half that dose, especially if drinking on top....never a good idea.

Why are you taking gabapentin? A couple of grams don't interfere with one point two G of Pregabalin. As you've been on phenibut before, its only use is in two day cycles, for max effect.

Why are you taking gabapentin? A couple of grams don't interfere with one point two G of Pregabalin. As you've been on phenibut before, its only use is in two day cycles, for max effect.

The combo feels better. It's like a synergy. I know it's stupid. I won't keep taking both. I disagree that phenibut only has a max effect for 2 days. It has been working for me many more days in a row.

I noticed Erowid do not have an 'Effects' section yet for Phenibut. I think with the amount of 'trip reports' we've had here from people we could probably easily do that.

Positives Effects:

- Decreased inhibitions
- Decreased anxiety and depression
- Increase in sociability
- Increased enjoyment of music
- Increased creativity
- General "feel-good" feeling, sometimes mild Euphoria
- Pleasant body high, increased tactile sensation, a "floaty" feeling.
- Increased sex drive

Neutral:

- Paradoxically sedating and stimulating
- Mentally stimulating
- Very vivid dreaming

Negative:

- GI disturbances at higher doses
- Nausea (especially with higher doses)
- A "hangover effect": Headaches, nausea, upset stomach, dizziness. Worse on high doses.
- Muscle cramps
- Muscle twitching
- Physical addiction potential if taken in successive days/nights without a break inbetween
- Withdrawal Symptoms described as almost as bad as Benzo withdrawal. Tapering generally seems to be a good idea, like benzos.

LD50 seems to be very high, and pretty much impossible to fatally overdose on because you will be violently sick before you can even begin to ingest those amounts. However, even 'mild overdoses' have been reported to be extremely unpleasant, with extreme vomiting, diarrhea and headaches.

Dosing:
Start low. No more than 2 grams for new users, and build it up slowly from there.
It can take up to 4 or 5 hours to feel the effects if taken with a meal, however effects can be felt after just 45 minutes-2 hours for some.

Low Dose: 500mg-1,500mg
Moderate Dose: 1,500mg-2,500mg
High Dose: 2,500mg-4000mg
Heavy Dose: 4000mg+

Duration:
4 to 16 hours. Highly dependent on initial dose, re-dosing, and varies from person to person quite wildly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my interpretation.

F'loki

F'loki: agree with your findings.
I would add
Inabillity/very hard to reach orgasm
To the positve and negative category...

Vazkor

I can't believe people are taking more than 2000mg of this stuff a day. I took 4 250mg capsules earlier this morning for anxiety and I felt tired the whole day. I slept like half the fucking day.
I usually take about 1500mg at night, or else I wake up at 1:30 in the morning and can't fall asleep. Be careful with this stuff.

It has a different effect on different people. It makes some people tired/sleepy, it can trigger mania for me because I'm bipolar.

I've been hardly using it lately. I don't need it as much anymore. A bad side effect is it fucks with your stomach, makes you SUPER bloated! I've been working out hard lately so I'm laying off the high doses of phenibut. It defeats the purpose if you take this stuff while trying to slim down.

Just a tip: I think a good idea is to drink Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar before taking Phenibut HCL. 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 8 oz. water will neutralize your stomach, balance the PH or whatever. Phenibut HCL is very acidic so the apple cider vinegar beforehand will make it so the HCL is not harsh on your stomach.

Also, it will prevent muscle cramps because Bragg's apple cider vinegar is full of potassium. Like bananas. I like to drink apple cider vinegar before running anyway just for the simple fact that it prevents muscle cramps.

Got some phenibut HCL and FAA in the mail today. I prefer the HCL "high", but it is known to cause awful bloating and cramps. It does a number on the digestive system.

FAA is easy on the stomach, but doesn't give me that manic high I like. Still, it defeats anxiety like a champ.

Has anyone ever mixed HCL and FAA together? Like maybe making half of your dose HCL and the other half FAA? Interested if anyone has experimented with both together.

I have a couple questions. First of all, let me preface by stating I am an early riser. I go to bed fairly late and wake up around 6:30AM every morning. After taking 2 g of Phenibut at 2 in the afternoon, I fell asleep around 1 in the morning and slept until 11AM. I was in a coma. Does anyone else sleep way harder and longer after dosing?

Second issue that is actually sort of concerning me...and this doesn't happen while on Phenibut...but the next day after dosing once I wake up, my hands do this weird jerking thing, almost like a spasm. This occurs when trying to, for example, type this post out. It's weird. And a little scary. I know Phenibut messes with the same brain recepter as alcohol...GABAB. I know alcohol withdrawal can cause seizures. I shouldn't be in WD. I don't think 2g is a hefty dose, I don't dose multiple days in a row, and haven't taken any in probably 2-3 months. What is this and does anyone else experience it??