• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

Iused phenibut for 2 years daily straight. It seriously took me 1 yr to end the worst of withdrawals, honestly I think it effected me permanently. My doses ranged from 3-10g a day. Il tell you what, i can accomplish ANYTHING while on phenibut! Its seriously my cheat code to life! I met plenty if women on it, great jobs, worked hard, very social, high self esteem, attractive personality.....i really wish i can be on it for the rest of my life. I havent used any phen in a year. I contiplate going back on it, but if i do its gonna be all in. I can't be superman a few times a week......its all or nothing!

FAA is easier on the stomach than HCL, so it would be useless to buy HCL next since I have a sensitive stomach?

Ive been on up to 12grams a day divided every 12 hrs since april or may I got down to maybe 6. Idk if it really helped all that much to begin with maybe it did... But now i dont notice a thing. With the help of gabapentin i dropped down to 6ish grams a day. Maybe less.... Im more scared of the detox than waiting to see how bad it really gets.... I know gaba based drug wd and it is hell...

I keep trying to lower it more and more. Maybe ill have my dr give me 20mg of baclofen bid or 10 tid as i was on it previously and she would just not think twice...just to use with my gabapentin and try to diminish these doses even further. Maybe the withdrawals have had been minor in terms of physically because of the gradual lowering. However it may be one reason why my depression and anxiety has been really bad the last few months...

Something i just thought about. I definitely didn't get a high ever... I just realized once i got my scale just how high a dose i was really taking...

Yeah i eyeballed it for months. My own dumb fault. After one month of being on it heavy i kept taking it thinking i would deal with it soon. Well now... That month definitely turned into 7 or 8... Glad i am at least tapering now because the longer (and its been way way long enough already) i push this off the worse my whole gaba system is going to get in dependency.

Wish me luck. Baclofen should help with the gabapentin drastically right? Im on a RX of 3600 gabapentin daily ... Baclofen would be short term. Im scared of the nightmares my buddy warned me of.

This shit was never recreational for me the so called buzz or accidental too high a dose made me jerky and shitty feeling. Thats great ... Or id be chasing a high. Now im chasing not being in WD instead.

My vendor i think is a shitty grade too thankfully as my other one banned me due to overconsumption. That means i am hoping it's actually less than it weighs too.

Boy tho when i got that scale.. Saw my dose was 5 gs BID i was like holy shit. Never eyeball and think you're right. That put me in deeper in the end.

Haha. I was like yea thats only a gram maybe two. Boy i was fucking feeling stupid as fuck.

Last edited:
Phenibut turns me into someone else man. I have the most crazy stories about it. Will have to tell you all about it sometime bros. I no longer want to use it thankfully (for my own sake).

I lived with guys who megadosed it. I'm talking insane amounts. Wasn't good.

Or let's just say it never did my life any good.

Take it responsibly please for your own sake.

^^Kratoms gotten way worse press an is still kicking, but then again it's a drug people need when they need it.

I hope not but may be wise to stock up soon just in case..

-GC

^^Kratoms gotten way worse press an is still kicking, but then again it's a drug people need when they need it.

I hope not but may be wise to stock up soon just in case..

-GC
I really hope it's just blown out of proportion. I just read that Hungary banned phenibut this month, so I hope it's not related to us in any way in terms of cracking down, or it's just their laws in general. Honestly, anything that isn't placebo is always in hot water.

Last edited:
I think I'm going to return my HCL and just stick with FAA because I'd rather not risk my stomach, since I already have so many health issues already.

Yea the first few times I tried Phenibut I had a great time with it but the one thing that I always hated was how it would fuck up my stomach for days after. Like the first time I had the shits for a week. It almost made me write it off completely but I've since become immune to that negative effect I guess..

-GC

Yea the first few times I tried Phenibut I had a great time with it but the one thing that I always hated was how it would fuck up my stomach for days after. Like the first time I had the shits for a week. It almost made me write it off completely but I've since become immune to that negative effect I guess..

-GC
Yeah, I'm definitely returning the HCL then because I noticed the FAA is helping my stomach because it's mitigating the anxiety I guess.

I've seen Phenibut recommended as a potentiate for Kratom. Do you take in in the morning or night? I am reading conflicting reports: it causes nods and sleep vs energy and productivity. I am still working on finding a strain of Kratom that doesn't make me feel tired. I think I may have found what works. I cannot be sleepy or nodding in the daytime, my career is demanding and requires focus and mental clarity. It would be cool to find something that gives you that kind of body high, before the nodding, without the subsequent nodding and for me, inevitable sleep.

I've seen Phenibut recommended as a potentiate for Kratom. Do you take in in the morning or night? I am reading conflicting reports: it causes nods and sleep vs energy and productivity. I am still working on finding a strain of Kratom that doesn't make me feel tired. I think I may have found what works. I cannot be sleepy or nodding in the daytime, my career is demanding and requires focus and mental clarity. It would be cool to find something that gives you that kind of body high, before the nodding, without the subsequent nodding and for me, inevitable sleep.

Ime a low dose (phenibut or kratom) is more activating while a higher dose makes you sleepy

I've seen Phenibut recommended as a potentiate for Kratom. Do you take in in the morning or night?

IMO I would start with early evening dosing, At least until you get an idea of how it effects you. It usually starts off with an energetic come up that fades into sedation. Too much can leave you with a dirty hangover effect after you wake up a few hours later than normal. Some people that use it regularly will take a few smaller doses throughout the day, but I would caution against using for more than 3-4 days a week as the dependency can build quickly.

Thanks all... maybe a weekend game. Do you usually mix it together or is that a bad idea? Also, anyone know about seizure threshold affects (I have a seizure disorder). I'm fine on Kratom, I found my daytime mojo. I get light euphoria and an energy boost from UEI/UEMD, but damn that's expensive. That's kinda what I am shooting for though (when I get bad fatigue, a few times per week). It is like that? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't know much about it. Thank you everyone :)

Oh, to be specific, if it matters... My intended use of Kratom is for pain management. I decided to go off hydrocodone because it was making me too sleepy for work and I wanted to give this a go, full knowing I could be put back on meds if need be. I would just love the added benefit of the energy boost and slight euphoria I used to get before I would get sleepy AF! It helped me with productivity, activity tolerance, and dealing with people appropriately (only throat punching them in my head).

Oh, to be specific, if it matters... My intended use of Kratom is for pain management. I decided to go off hydrocodone because it was making me too sleepy for work and I wanted to give this a go, full knowing I could be put back on meds if need be. I would just love the added benefit of the energy boost and slight euphoria I used to get before I would get sleepy AF! It helped me with productivity, activity tolerance, and dealing with people appropriately (only throat punching them in my head).

@mjbeetle Hey how did you get off hydrocodone and how often and how much of kratom do you use for your pain?

Thanks all... maybe a weekend game. Do you usually mix it together or is that a bad idea? Also, anyone know about seizure threshold affects (I have a seizure disorder). I'm fine on Kratom, I found my daytime mojo. I get light euphoria and an energy boost from UEI/UEMD, but damn that's expensive. That's kinda what I am shooting for though (when I get bad fatigue, a few times per week). It is like that? Sorry for all the questions, I just don't know much about it. Thank you everyone :)

Iirc phenibut overdose might induce a tonic-clonic seizure, so be really carefull

Yeah mixing the two has always caused nausea.
I would eat the kratom around noon, have a nice big meal around 5p at 7p take the phenibut, in bed around 2-3a

Also, anyone know about seizure threshold affects (I have a seizure disorder).

While Phenibut is a close relative to Baclofen and Gabapentin/ Lyrica, I agree with KK that you should proceed with caution. While there are some anecdotal reports of people who believed it worked well as an adjuvant with AE drugs like Keppra, most of the information that would be of benefit is not widely available. It was developed in the 60's by the USSR Academy of Medical Sciences so much of the testing info is likely to be written in Cyrillic on paper and filed away. It's considered a supplement as well which means you're going to find very little as compared to a substance labeled a drug.

The info that is available is quite limited and insufficient to be able to say that it's "safe" with such conditions as seizure disorder.
The derivatives of GABA and beta-phenylethylamine (PEA) the tranquilizer phenibut and muscle relaxant baclofen (p-chloro-beta-phenyl-GABA, lioresal) diminished all studied effect of PEA in mice, namely seizures, sedation, excitation, hyperthermia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4043364

On a personal note a relative of mine had her first seizure ever a few hours after using what I would consider a moderate dose of Phenibut HCl with nothing else. The doctors were unable to determine the cause, so make of that what you will.

@mjbeetle Hey how did you get off hydrocodone and how often and how much of kratom do you use for your pain?

I just did. The next day. I still have a prescribing doctor (just am not using my rx right now and they know). I took as written unless I was a walking effing disaster, then I would double or even triple my dose, but I would skip doses from my schedule, mostly when I was at work, to compensate so I never ran out. My pain control has been everywhere honestly. So... I lost my insurance between jobs and decided to switch to Kratom (more costly endeavor in the end *sigh*) instead of paying OOP for hydrocodone. No real physical issues transitioning, I'm super constipated on Kratom though. I am still messing around with strains and dosing. As of now I take a mixture of 3 grams of a white and 2 of a green in the morning, 2 grams of a green in the afternoon, and 4-6 grams of a red at night. Initially I was taking a red in the day because it is "most opiate like" and it was knocking me out! So... I'm still all over the place. I seriously ate shit on my stairs last week goofing off with my kid. Slammed my head, neck, mid back, lower back, both shoulders, and both elbows... fell flat down and then I bounced that way down to the bottom instead of sliding. It was a HARD fall. I've had 8 orthopedic surgeries, with a need for L4-S1 fusion and total C spine fusion (poor outcome, won't do it). I am bruised to hell, I took my doses and added another 2 gram dose midday, rested in bed a lot, and pain was hanging around a 4. I was surprised at the efficacy. Today is a bad pain day, my back and legs hurt super bad, but I can't tolerate a higher dose of Kratom (the equivalent of taking an extra Norco or 2) so that kinda sucks. I've been doing it I think for about 6 weeks now and today is the first really bad day. I usually have these bad days a couple times a week though, so it's an improvement. That's an overall snapshot in what it has been like for me. I think it is better and I still don't even have it fine tuned.

A lot of people say switching to kratom from all kinds of narcs isn't that bad, but I would max out at maybe 50mg hydrocodone a day or it would be a pukefest even with antiemetics, so I imagine it has to be easier for me than heavy users and users of other substances. A lot of people give it praise though. I imagine it is different for everyone. Mindset will be your biggest ally. You need to find a good vendor that sources their product well, is willing to spend time talking with you to help find some good strains to start with, educate you, maybe even provide samples. I also found a group on FB that has been very helpful and there is a vendor in there that has good product, and will talk with you on PM wether you purchase from him or not (I am going with him from pressed tabs and staying with my current vendor for the rest). I guess it's been multifactorial for me, personally. Long ass answer, but I hope it helps.