• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentinoids Phenibut Megathread

^ Dosing at 2 in the afternoon is probably too late because it at least takes 2-4 hours for phenibut to really kick in. I wait at least 4 hours.
I dosed at 11 am and even that's late b/c it won't really kick in till 3 or 4.

Since you get up at 6 am, dosing close to bed time would probably be best. That way, by the time you wake up, you can feel the full effects. Or dose as soon as you wake up, so it won't take as long for you to feel it.

Phenibut does cause weird "ticks" or spasms sometimes. I'm used to it so it doesn't bother me and I know it's nothing to be too concerned about. I just chalk it up to certain side effects. I've mentioned the bloating/gastro problems that can happen. It makes my hand feel numb, like it's asleep sometimes. Then I stretch it out and move it, it goes away.

Definitely take note if you notice odd things, but I'm pretty sure it won't stay that way. My boyfriend told me my body jerked in my sleep. That freaked me out a bit, but I assured him it's ok. I assume it was from either gabapentin or phenibut use. Then again, I was coming off a heavy dose of Tramadol so maybe my body was reacting to that. Anyway, I've been messing around with this stuff for so long, that I know I wasn't going through withdrawals or having seizures. I take precautions for that. Don't worry,

And remember, never go cold turkey off benzos or phenibut/gabapentin, always taper. You don't take it regularly so you should be ok.

^Thank you. It's comforting to k know someone else has experienced it. I'm 48 hours off an extremely heavy Kratom habit so it could also be skewing stuff. That's actually why I took some Phenibut. I hadn't slept in 48 hours and knew from past Phenibut use that it would be effective for sleep, anxiety, and energy.

That is what's so amazing about this drug, IMO. If I stay awake on it, I am productive, happy, and don't even need my xanax. Nor do I feel WD from xanax. Yet if I want to sleep, it promotes that too. Bizarre. I've only ever used it to soften the blow of other habits so keep my use extremely minimal. That's why the "ticks" flipped me out. My husband did say he tried to wake me up and couldn't. That flipped me out a little, too, bc I'm such a light sleeper.

Anyway, thanks for your reply. It always helps to get knowledge from experienced users.

Lol. I just reread my post. I see the extra k before my word know. That was a tick

Okay so... my normal prescribed meds are as follows:

*Zoloft 200mg (1x am)
*Wellbutrin 300mg (1x am) & 150mg (6 hours later)
*Gabapentin 800mg (3x day)
*Ritalin 20mg (3x day)
*Ambien 10mg (1x pm)
*Valium 10mg (25mg or 2&1/2 10's A day) PRN (or *as needed)

I also take Kratom on and off (I'll buy 4oz)- And take about 6-10grams daily till its gone. I'm usually always left with a week or two in between orders and have no problems with withdrawal.

LASTLY I have been a big fan of Phenibut. I will order 200 grams and take 4-6 grams a day (keeping medicine doses the same) until it is gone. Then I usually have about 2 weeks where I don't have any. I never have had any problems with withdrawal. With daily use it actually builds up in your system and I feel the Phenibut 24/7 because of long half life. Typically I get a huge dopamine boost during day and when evening comes and I take my Phenibut dose, usually about 3-4 hours (of feeling intoxicated from the Phen) later I take an Ambien and pass out.
Day after day, for months, I have done this daily routine with the weeks in between (the usual 200 g batches) and feel VERY full effects every day. Then I stop after a month of this cold turkey, and suffer no more than psychological withdrawal (cravings). But NEVER have any withdrawals like I do if I stop the valium or gabs cold turkey.
So this only 2 days a week cycle on/off or won't feel it b.s. and talk of withdrawals being so horrible stuff, I just cant understand. Maybe try coming off benzos after years of use or run out of of benzos and Gabapentin at same time after years of use and then you will know what withdrawals are.
I understand everyones chemistry is different, so I'm not downing anyone, or boasting about chemo I take. If even a "self proclaimed seasoned drug abuser" tried taking my daily pharmacological regiment, after 2 days, they'd either be dead or at least comatose.and presumed dead.

I also am prescribed xyrem (sodium oxybate or a.k.a. NaGHB) 9Grams a night for narcolepsy. I cycle on and off this prescription, by my own discretion, every other couple weeks or so. The GHB every night in such large doses IS very hard on my body... (Ambien is only pharm I abstain from nights taking the GHB). Am I really screwed up being able to take this all for months (and most of the meds for years) and it make me feel okay and finctionable? I take care of my 2 year old son, so I have to be on my game each day... There's no question I am a very attentive and involved single father to my son.
But I was terrified when my tolerance for phenibut went up to taking 3g at a time (sometimes BID). BUT JUST LIKE EVERY DRUG it has a ceiling tolerance and a consistent daily strength of action and benefit.

^yes. Not picking a fight but this crap is real. I'm on day 3 of no phenibut and still have issues. But I just googled KRATOM WD. It carries more similar symptoms. I was a heavy user for over a year of 250g weekly. Crazy I know. I used it for oxy WD, hence the screen name, and found myself trading one Addiction for another.

^yes. Not picking a fight but this crap is real. I'm on day 3 of no phenibut and still have issues. But I just googled KRATOM WD. It carries more similar symptoms. I was a heavy user for over a year of 250g weekly. Crazy I know. I used it for oxy WD, hence the screen name, and found myself trading one Addiction for another

Oxygal, you're right. I never meant to make it seem like Phenibut was harmless, or not something to be care careful with. The reason, I'm sure, that I was able to deal with suddenly no Phenibut after long periods of heavy use, was due to the fact that I am prescribed 3 strong gaba receptor agonist: *Gabapentin *Valium *Ambien
[And in high doses].
Not only that, I have had access, through prescription, Again, to not only another powerful gaba b agonist- but something even stronger than Phenibut= GHB (Gamma HydroxyButyric acid). And what I'm prescribed to dose, every night, is about 3 times the recreational amount (3 grams I would say= a recreational experience/I am suppose to take 9 grams =[2 doses of 4.5 grams] back to back for just minimum 6-8 hours of Deep Wave sleep- of course to bypass any recreational level and put me in a 3-4 hour coma like sleep each dose).
Again although I don't take the GHB every night, I'm left with a large supply of pharmacuitical grade GHB. And TBH, a few grams here and there, for day use, has become a very available "go-to" drug when needing a gaba/dopamine lift such as Phenibut would also do.
I'm realizing I'm so loaded up (and stocked each month with a Doctor's stamp of approval) with [Gaba a/b agonist drugs= benzos, GHB, Gabapentin, Ambien (z drug= acting on same receptors as benzos), that I of course wouldn't be affected by the depletion (and therefore sudden removal) of Phenibut each month, after heavy use.
My comments on Phenibut, not being a serious drug, was totally personalised to someone who is prescribed so many other heavy gaba agonist each month.
So kids, listen to the nice Oxygal..Gaba receptor agonists are no joke when it comes to addiction (possibly even down-regulation) of the gaba system in your body... Just as Alcohol and GHB are very addictive (with regular [daily] use) so is Phenibut. It's mainly a strong [gabs b/possibly gaba a] agonist not unlike the aformentioned drugs.
Just stay educated and aware of your bodies reaction to these things, and be careful ... Phenibut is NOT a supplement/nootropic substance as advertised by these vendors (It IS a powerful pharmacuitical developed in Russia). Again stay educated,, its your best defense against anything "taking over" and ruling your life. Thanks Oxygirl for clarifying that.
My bad if I sounded like I was downplaying the seriousness of habitual Phenibut use.

You didn't have to say all that! But thank you! And omg, you're a GABA b walking fing pharmacy! Lol

@Oxygal

I've been using Phenibut for about 2 years and have tapered down over the course of 6 months to about 2 grams a day.

Still get extreme 'nodding' and, like you say, muscle weakness. As in, my arm or leg muscles will just go limp for a 1/2 second even if I'm standing or holding something. Also, just totally nodding off even on the bus or whatever for 1/2 seconds. It's messed up and TG I don't drive (DUI).

I've noticed this happens when I don't get a whole lot of sleep (though it can happen in the middle of the day or right after dosing) and it seems to me that Phenibut (esp? when coming down from mixing w/ caffeine) seems to make me totally unaware of how tired I am. I will sit in bed reading and jerking asleep for an hour before my conscious mind is like, 'hey dude, remember this? this means you're tired AF, just shut your eyes and get some ZZs.'

Anyways, yeah if you've been using for a year or more the effects are totally different than when people start. Sensitization occurs and some effects ('nodding', muscle 'spasms') will increase and others (euphoria) might decrease.

That's my little addition to the topic, hope it helps.

Engage, I have noticed the half second slips you speak of. Usually late at night for me, when I'm at my computer, but they can seem quite abrupt and powerfully hypnotic given such a short duration, then I suddenly jolt back into consciousness as my headphones or phone hits the floor. Glad it's never happened while I'm standing.

Engage, thanks for the validation. I'm not well read on phenibut which is a dangerous thing. I've used it 3 times ever but drank alcohol on it. I figured this would cancel the stim effects. Nope. It saturates GABA b. This is a huge mistake. Plus I'm in recovery from xanax. Also the same receptor. I should probably steer clear. Or at least not drink on it.

^yes. Not picking a fight but this crap is real. I'm on day 3 of no phenibut and still have issues. But I just googled KRATOM WD. It carries more similar symptoms. I was a heavy user for over a year of 250g weekly. Crazy I know. I used it for oxy WD, hence the screen name, and found myself trading one Addiction for another.
I'm sorry you thought I was "blasting" your post.. I honestly wasn't even thinking of your post when writing mine. I just have been taking that large amt of Phenibut with all the heavy GABAergics I'm prescribed (Valium, Gabapentin, NaGHB, Ambien) as well as the potent dopamine reuptake inhibition from really high doses of the Ritalin and Wellbutrin. I would think my GABA and DOPAMINE would be so downregulated bc of the prescribed daily use of those ON TOP of the pretty big Phenibut habit. I honestly was giving my acct, and experience, with the daily Phenibut at up to 5grams on top of the meds, and how after killing a few hundred grams in a couple weeks, I have no problem with going the next 2 weeks without it. Are you so self consumed you think everything is about you? Do you know how many hundreds of posts I've read that describe the same thing you're going thru? Well all was saying was I have had an opposite experience when stopping the Phenibut

If you look further up on this page, you and I have already addressed this. You had a slightly different attitude that day.

I was addicted to phenibut. I loved it! I used it for 2 yrs, pretty much every day at 4-9 grams. When I got off it, it was ruff. I was dehumanized with social anxiety, phobia of everything, sleep issues, and depression. I stayed off for 3 months hoping I would at least recover from the depressive and social part, but the only thing that got better was my sleep. I then ordered more phenibut, but this time was different. When we reunited, I took like 3 grams. I got disoriented, wobbles, drunk feeling that people always mentioned about getting when they first try this stuff...I never had this before at any dose. Phenibut always gave me energy, motivation, and cognitive clarity. I could take on the word with it. But this time it was gone!

If someone was long term on pregabalin (lyrica) would they still feel the good effects of phenibut as an occasional recreational thing?