Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get those naturally good feelings back and to combat the boredom which was defeated by the opioids.

I did a supporting act for one DJ last weekend and it was totally fun after I get used to the anxiety from performing first time for a while. This is by the way the reason why my hair is blue at the moment as I wanted some color to brighten up my image for that performance.

Currently I feel I can enjoy life without opiates as I did before touching them atleast after I have done with the opiate replacement therapy.

Nice! I've got a Soundcloud full of various tunes I've put together over the decades. Fairly predictably, Im called 'Jonxx' on there too. Search out 'bad company The nine tryptamix' , it'll be somewhere down the first page. My remix of a total d&b classic.

We love you too! I'd go completely mad not having you guys to waffle on to on these quiet evenings when I'm sat listening to tunes whilst the kids safely tucked up in bed. Sober living makes me far less content just staring at the telly box. :)

Fuck yo tv! =D

I don't own a tv (well, I don't own much) and I absolutely refuse to watch that shit, the ads drive me CRAZY. Keep in mind I live in LA, American English speaking entertainment capitol USA!

I finally slept last night after 80+ hours awake! Woke up to my hardest day of recovery yet, but I'm staying strong.

Respec'! I blame the opiates, they made most everything nice in a 'meh' kind of way. I worked out in LA for a while for Universal. They gave me a plush apartment on 3rd, just outside downtown. Massive respect keeping away from all the screens living there, seemed like everyone I met was a wannabe actor/director/producer..

Damn son, that is crazy. I slept well last night, but after getting off methadone my sleep cycle is soooooo fucked :\

I look forward to the day when I can do a full eight hours at a time :)

Mirtazapine and valerian tea, that's my secret to 6-7 hours every night. Wright gain be damned, sleep's more important. Although I've become a fat thin bloke. Sort of like a frog.

Yeah had I not been up for 3 days it would've been your standard issue fitful on and off sleep. But my brain shut down.

Today is the hardest day yet honestly. Not sure why.

I agree, sleep is super important in our lives and the happiest person on earth when I get a good night of good sleep. I did try Mirtazapine and it worked well for me, except for the fact I still could not go to bed and stay there long enough. I'm taking Seroquel now, and it works but it's heavy and gets me sleepy all day long.

Today is a little difficult to find something good to say. It's been a long and tiring day, have had discussions at home. Nothing makes more unhappy than discussing with my wife, especially when she say I had said things I really haven't lol. But I'm alive, sober and it seems that my boss has really come to terms with my new routine at the office such as accepting my no overtime unless it's urgent or very important. Unfortunately I had to work half of my life to be able to have the guts to make myself matter at work. :)

Whaaaaat?! Women NEVER tell you that you said something you didn't. You must be crazy.

Wink wink, nudge nudge. ;)

You just need to substitute whatever drugs you were on with a positive like eating healthy, walking and taking up a hobby u like. You have to replace it. Thats a high in itself and you will feel happy

Had a pretty good time this afternoon helping my 5 yr old daughter do her homework. She's so beautiful and smart! Seeing how proud she was of herself brought tears to my eyes!!!

Life is good sometimes.

I'm so proud of my children that it makes me want to be them 'when I grow up' :)

Love is a wonderful thing and it makes life really good sometimes. ;)

Thanks for reminding me of those memories aplumgirl. They are indeed so especial. <3

I'm so proud of my children that it makes me want to be them 'when I grow up' :)

Love is a wonderful thing and it makes life really good sometimes. ;)

Thanks for reminding me of those memories aplumgirl. They are indeed so especial. <3

Having another child so late in life (40) was such a strain on my body, but it sure was a blessing to my heart!

My kids are for sure about the most difficult and definitely the best thing I've done with my life to date.. I was only 24 when my first came along. I've often wondered if it would have been better if I'd waited until the point of my life I'm at now, because I'm a totally different person to the madman I was back then. Somehow I've ended up with two polite, kind, intelligent sons though, another example of how lucky I've been in life.

What's positive about today? Mead! Delivered to my door courtesy of the awesome Amazon Prime. Yeah, mead! Love that stuff.. It's my present to myself for throwing my yearly massive bbq / pissup for all my friends and whatnot tomorrow. Fun shall be had. Meat shall be charred. Mead shall be drunk. :)

Last edited:
I love mead with a little meat on the side! Man I haven't had mead in a long time! I'm the only American I know who actually enjoys the stuff :)

Status
Not open for further replies.